NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil in Pure Gold

Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil in Pure Gold

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have a few of these jumbo eye pencils, but Pure Gold is the one I use most frequently. These are pigmented, glide really smoothly will no pull or patchiness, and they are more metallic/shimmery than glittery, which is generally the look I'm going for. I prefer to use neutral/nude/bronzey colors on my eyes because I have a rather girlish face as it is and wild colors make me look like a kid who got into mama's makeup case, so these gold shades are about as pigmented as I'll go. This creates such a nice pop of color. I usually put these on the inner corners of my eye rather than the lashline.
I love how glossy these are, without being greasy. I also appreciate they don't cost an arm and a leg, and you get a sufficient amount of product that, unless you're using them daily, should last over a year at least.
This gold is a bit deep, not champagney, and plays really well with a smoky eye or a rose gold eyeshadow look. It is a warmer color for sure. These are among the greatest drugstore finds out there!

on 7/25/2015 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I swear for such an affordable price NYX comes up with some great products. I love this colour, I was surprised how pigmented and smooth it was. It doesn't drag the skin on application. I use this to line by lower waterline, when my eyes are tired. I find that when I use white it draws too much attention, this gives me a perfect subtle hint of a beautiful gold colour and looks great on my complexion. This also has good staying power, for the price i would highly recommend this.

Although I am generally a big fan of the NYX Jumbo Pencils, I never use Pure Gold. It is very yellow-y and really clashes with my complexion and brown eyes. I keep trying to find a gold eye shadow that looks good on me and I guess I will have to keep looking.
Having said that, Pure Gold, like the other NYX Jumbo Pencils is pigmented, easy to use, long lasting and wipes off easily. It's only this particular shade I don't like for me.

on 3/21/2012 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The eye pencil is great. It is pigmented and this color is beautiful for a brownish eye color. The only bad thing is that i have oily eyelids and after a while it starts to rub off. But if you do not have oily skin, this should be not a problem. I would definetly buy this again.

on 7/11/2014 9:39:00 PM

These jumbo eye pencils are great as eye liners as they are soft enough to glide on easily and stay put. As eye shadow not so good as these all have a tendency to crease quite badly.

However these are great value as they are so affordable and come in a great range of colours. I have Gold and Pure Gold - Pure Gold is lighter than Gold. I love to use this jumbo pencil as an eye liner, especially with a coral/peach eye look or a neutral eye that needs a bit more glam. This looks good with the NYX Liquid Crystal Liner over the top too.

The lids are annoying as they seem to crack really easily - but for the price I can't really complain. The only reason I probably won't repurchase is I have a ton of these pencils to use up first.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

While every beauty guru is in love with these, I just think they're fine. The packaging is okay, the price is okay, but the product is good. It's long-lasting & quite pigmented. I know GlitterForever17 absulutely loves these, but I'm not sure if I'll repurchase

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i purchased this the other day because i tend to wear alot of more gold shadows and thought this would be a nice base. my favorite combination is this as a base, and NYX champagne eyeshadow on top. i haven't found this to crease as other people say they do. i paid $1.99 for this, and i definitely think it's worth it.

on 2/15/2011 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I got this instead of the Gold pencil because it was brighter in color. bad idea. while the formula of this pencil is good, I find that it looks orange on my skin. for someone with warm coloring and medium or deep skin this would be good, but on my neutral-toned fair skin, it did not work that well.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color is very weak. Still a creamy pencil, but I find it not useful, even as a base. Compared to the other colors it is poor. The mica pigments seem too large and do not stay put or show up as well as other colors.
Maybe try the other gold pencil.

on 11/13/2011 5:22:00 AM

I really like this gold shade. It is very warm and I think it will be perfect around the holidays. I'm a fan of neutrals and a natural look, so I think this gold is a great way to play up a neutral look for special occasions.