MAC Mehr (Mickey Contractor Collection)

MAC Mehr (Mickey Contractor Collection)
MAC MehrSwatchesMehr_ArmaniMehr (Mickey Contractor Collection)

4.5

on 2/13/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Me: Olive NC20ish brunette with brown eyes. Uploaded a pic of this shade on my lips above.

What I like: Gorgeous plummy MLBB shade on my pigmented lips. It's around 1-1.5 shades deeper than my natural lip colour but very similar in tone. A very flattering lipstick - natural but with a bit of oomph. Pretty much perfect with nearly any look.

I think the main attraction of MAC lipsticks is that they're well priced with a great variety of shades and formulations. This is a lovely colour and finish. I'm really enjoying my first MAC lipstick purchase since the early noughties.

What I don't like: I avoided MAC lipsticks for years as I really disliked the heavier formulas and slippery texture. However I'd never tried the Matte formulation which is far more lightweight and long wearing on the lips. Unlike my favorite matte formula (Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution), I find these can be a tad drying on the lips and a lip balm base is essential.

on 1/10/2017 4:38:00 PM

The best color ever! It's just so perfect. One of my best friends bought me this for my birthday and I have been obsessed ever since. I hope they never stop making this color!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Just buy it. Really. You need it. The formula is excellent, just a really really luxurious non dying matte that doesn't turn on you and become all dry as a dying desert and grotesque looking like many mattes do. The color is described really well by previous reviewers but I find that it looks different depending on your coloring. I'm super pale, more cool toned with blue eyes and buttery blonde hair so this color is almost dramatic on me (well, more dramatic than I'm used to. I don't wear really dark lips and generally go for Barbie pinks and fuchsias)...so Mehr is different than my usual go tos, it's a nude purpley rose neutral on me. It pulls oddly purple toned rose, oddly in a good way but I think it's a bit weird since it doesn't look purple in the tube. Really impressed with this lipstick. I received compliments when I wore it, which is always nice and shows that color actually brightens/adds to your face.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My HG matte MLBB lipstick. I could wear this shade for every makeup, no matter for a night out or at work. It's a beautiful muted brownish pink with a semi-matte finish. Doesn't dry out my lips and is long-wearing. It suits suits every skin tone.

on 8/9/2016 9:13:00 AM

I've been wanting this one for a while, but my counter never had it - until one day it did!

Mehr is a rosy-browny-nude. AKA I have 4,875 similar lipsticks, including MAC's very own Twig, Velvet Teddy, and Cosmo, but I still needed it, and if you're in the same boat, I still think you should get it.

I have olive skin and dark hair and since Mehr definitely has a dominant rosy tone against my coloring, I find it a really brightening, fresh, yet on trend shade (can't believe I just said 'on trend' lol). It has an English Rose vibe on the lips, this deep velvety matte flush that is just super pretty. I have pigmented lips and I would hazard a guess at an NC20-25 tone, and this is a few shades deeper than my lips/skintone, smack dab in the middle of light/dark for me. If you're fair, it'll run pretty dark on you (but still lovely), and if you're deep-skinned, it would make a beautiful nude or lighter lip.

If you're familiar with MAC mattes, Mehr is firmly in the Velvet Teddy camp in regards to texture, as opposed to the Ruby Woo one. Meaning it's a creamy, comfortable matte that still wears for 4-5 hours. It's fully opaque, easy to apply, wears off gracefully, and won't shred your lips. Doesn't 100% need a liner but I prefer using one - MAC's Whirl and NYX's Mauve both work perfectly.

One last thing. I know mattes and especially liquid lipsticks are super popular at the moment. I personally can't wear them because I have textured lips and liquids look heinous on them, and please don't rain thunderbolts from the sky at me, but liquid lipsticks are too much trouble for what they're worth. If you're like me, I am here to tell you that there are options that give the same look, and yeah, you might have to reapply after hour five, but you guys - 1-2 reapplications a day is not a big deal. With the exception of a couple truly dry and torturous formulas, MAC mattes are great, they offer a ton of colors, and are $17. And no I do not work for MAC, lol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'd read a lot of great reviews about this colour. It's really popular amongst those with dark skin. This is a beautiful pinkish mauvish nude, and would look great on most skin tones . It's a gorgeous colour. It's a bit dry as you'd expect from a matte, so you have to prep your lips . The real downside is that it doesn't stay that long. Such a sexy colour though.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

My skin is tan with yellow undertones (between NC42-44) and my lips is a bit dark, and I can't pull this shade. It makes me look a bit pale Probably a great MLBB lipstick for those who don't have dark lips, but for me it runs a bit too light. Just an okay shade for me.

My HG lipstick. It is the perfect pinkish brown color that works well on olive skin. It will just brighten up any look. So pretty. I will buy this for the rest of my life.

on 4/19/2016 12:37:00 AM

I LOVE this lipstick! I just bought it today on a whim. I have an affinity to MAC lipsticks and this must be my nth tube! On my lips, this looks like a dusty rose. (for reference, I'm NC25-30, black hair, Asian). It's a matte finish but I don't find it as drying at all. This will be a staple in my daily makeup bag and will buy again!

Velvet teddy was my top favorite Mac lippy but Mehr has taken its place. it's a beautiful lipstick that will suit many skin tones. for sure a repurchase.

Popular Lipsticks