MAC Mehr (Mickey Contractor Collection)

MAC Mehr (Mickey Contractor Collection)
MAC MehrSwatchesMehr_ArmaniMehr (Mickey Contractor Collection)

4.6

I'm NC25, with neural to slightly warm undertone, living in Singapore and all its tropical humidity!

This has been a raved-about product for so long! I see it on Youtube, Pinterest, blogs etc. SO, I had to try it right? I went to Mac for a makeup workshop recently and had the opportunity to test it on my lips. The colour is a cool-toned dusty rose mauve on my lips and I would say it lends a touch of sophistication to the whole makeup look. As it's a matte formula, it can get a little drying on the lips so you might want to prep your lips with some lip balm or protector first. I only need to reapply this 1-2 a day depending on how long my day is. The colour pay off is great, and lasting power is there. Overall, quite happy with this! I love the packaging of MAC lipsticks, the cap is secure and the black bullet casing is sleek and convenient for travel.

I'm not giving this 5 lippies because this lipstick does not work well with a wide range of blush colours. I have tried it with MAC Melba, Pinch O Peach, Love Cloud and somehow the overall colouring looks off. So I only wear this lipstick with MAC Peony Petal blush as it's also a cool-toned pink.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am over 60 and if you are older, the MLBB colors are most flattering (not to say I don't wear muted red Viva Glam I for glamour and I'm toying with the Ruby Woo idea, but mostly, it's nude pinks.)

If you get washed out by nude pinks or want a bit more color, Mehr is very good. It's a matte finish nude rose if you are darker or a darker shade of MLBB or...you could say, good for pigmented lips. It goes on full coverage but smoothly: I like the Matte formula better than the sheer, greasy formulas or the frosts, which are gritty.

Mehr is now permanent. Dupes incllude Rimmel London Kate Moss #104.

Similar Mac colors: Cosmo (warmer) Twig (warmer, browner.) If you are very warm or golden in tone, you may do better with Cosmo or Twig.

I paired it with Whirl lip pencil and Dervish works as well. If it's a bit drying to you, put a touch of balm underneath and you can add any lipgloss on top to bring up a bit of shine.

This is a great staple color and wearable across many skin shades. I am NW25 for reference (neutral but cool overtones. I tint my hair with violet ash tones to make sure I am not clashing with warm in the hair, so I'm definitely on the cool spectrum.)

on 6/3/2017 11:54:00 PM

I love this color! And the wear is good. Leaves a pretty stain. I pair it with soar but a lighter more pink liner is pretty too. I swear only 3 lip colors look good on me and this is one of them. It reminds me of Stuka liquid lipstick in patina. This will always be in my makeup bag.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Just picked up this beautiful lipstick I love it 😊❤❤

on 4/9/2017 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

For reference, I'm Mac NC 25.. plus point: i really love the color.. this is a unique shade which look more brown in the tube but after you swipe it actually shows a bit of pink, brown, plum, mauve & purple - not an easy shade to be duplicated. On my skin tone, it looks good to be paired with cool tone outfit and compliment my skin tone really well...the color is oh-so-natural, not over the top but still give your lip some color to pop up your face and make your face look so put together..minus: the typical mac matte formula, a bit drying but a little bit of prep will help a lot...worth buying though!

on 2/13/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Me: Olive NC20ish brunette with brown eyes. Uploaded a pic of this shade on my lips above.

What I like: Gorgeous plummy MLBB shade on my pigmented lips. It's around 1-1.5 shades deeper than my natural lip colour but very similar in tone. A very flattering lipstick - natural but with a bit of oomph. Pretty much perfect with nearly any look.

I think the main attraction of MAC lipsticks is that they're well priced with a great variety of shades and formulations. This is a lovely colour and finish. I'm really enjoying my first MAC lipstick purchase since the early noughties.

What I don't like: I avoided MAC lipsticks for years as I really disliked the heavier formulas and slippery texture. However I'd never tried the Matte formulation which is far more lightweight and long wearing on the lips. Unlike my favorite matte formula (Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution), I find these can be a tad drying on the lips and a lip balm base is essential.

on 1/10/2017 4:38:00 PM

The best color ever! It's just so perfect. One of my best friends bought me this for my birthday and I have been obsessed ever since. I hope they never stop making this color!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Just buy it. Really. You need it. The formula is excellent, just a really really luxurious non dying matte that doesn't turn on you and become all dry as a dying desert and grotesque looking like many mattes do. The color is described really well by previous reviewers but I find that it looks different depending on your coloring. I'm super pale, more cool toned with blue eyes and buttery blonde hair so this color is almost dramatic on me (well, more dramatic than I'm used to. I don't wear really dark lips and generally go for Barbie pinks and fuchsias)...so Mehr is different than my usual go tos, it's a nude purpley rose neutral on me. It pulls oddly purple toned rose, oddly in a good way but I think it's a bit weird since it doesn't look purple in the tube. Really impressed with this lipstick. I received compliments when I wore it, which is always nice and shows that color actually brightens/adds to your face.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My HG matte MLBB lipstick. I could wear this shade for every makeup, no matter for a night out or at work. It's a beautiful muted brownish pink with a semi-matte finish. Doesn't dry out my lips and is long-wearing. It suits suits every skin tone.

on 8/9/2016 9:13:00 AM

I've been wanting this one for a while, but my counter never had it - until one day it did!

Mehr is a rosy-browny-nude. AKA I have 4,875 similar lipsticks, including MAC's very own Twig, Velvet Teddy, and Cosmo, but I still needed it, and if you're in the same boat, I still think you should get it.

I have olive skin and dark hair and since Mehr definitely has a dominant rosy tone against my coloring, I find it a really brightening, fresh, yet on trend shade (can't believe I just said 'on trend' lol). It has an English Rose vibe on the lips, this deep velvety matte flush that is just super pretty. I have pigmented lips and I would hazard a guess at an NC20-25 tone, and this is a few shades deeper than my lips/skintone, smack dab in the middle of light/dark for me. If you're fair, it'll run pretty dark on you (but still lovely), and if you're deep-skinned, it would make a beautiful nude or lighter lip.

If you're familiar with MAC mattes, Mehr is firmly in the Velvet Teddy camp in regards to texture, as opposed to the Ruby Woo one. Meaning it's a creamy, comfortable matte that still wears for 4-5 hours. It's fully opaque, easy to apply, wears off gracefully, and won't shred your lips. Doesn't 100% need a liner but I prefer using one - MAC's Whirl and NYX's Mauve both work perfectly.

One last thing. I know mattes and especially liquid lipsticks are super popular at the moment. I personally can't wear them because I have textured lips and liquids look heinous on them, and please don't rain thunderbolts from the sky at me, but liquid lipsticks are too much trouble for what they're worth. If you're like me, I am here to tell you that there are options that give the same look, and yeah, you might have to reapply after hour five, but you guys - 1-2 reapplications a day is not a big deal. With the exception of a couple truly dry and torturous formulas, MAC mattes are great, they offer a ton of colors, and are $17. And no I do not work for MAC, lol.