MAC Mehr (Mickey Contractor Collection)

MAC Mehr (Mickey Contractor Collection)

4.6

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

My skin is tan with yellow undertones (between NC42-44) and my lips is a bit dark, and I can't pull this shade. It makes me look a bit pale Probably a great MLBB lipstick for those who don't have dark lips, but for me it runs a bit too light. Just an okay shade for me.

My HG lipstick. It is the perfect pinkish brown color that works well on olive skin. It will just brighten up any look. So pretty. I will buy this for the rest of my life.

To Read all 67 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/19/2016 12:37:00 AM

I LOVE this lipstick! I just bought it today on a whim. I have an affinity to MAC lipsticks and this must be my nth tube! On my lips, this looks like a dusty rose. (for reference, I'm NC25-30, black hair, Asian). It's a matte finish but I don't find it as drying at all. This will be a staple in my daily makeup bag and will buy again!

Velvet teddy was my top favorite Mac lippy but Mehr has taken its place. it's a beautiful lipstick that will suit many skin tones. for sure a repurchase.

on 3/17/2016 2:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Originally, I went to the MAC counter to pick up Twig but when i tried it on, it didn't do a thing for me. It just looked like i wasn't wearing any lipstick as my lips are some what pigmented and I use to rock Twiggy (what Twig was called back in the 90s), Del Rio, Paramount and Film Noir when brown lipstick was all the rage in the 90s but sadly 20 years later, something about Twig changed besides the name. So I was looking for something that would be more noticeable than Twig was, the MUA recommended a whole bunch of other different shades and I swatched so much that my lips hurt from removing so many (forgot how raw your lips were going to get at the MAC counter).
Onto the swatches, Twig, Del Rio (for a trip down memory lane she said) Party Line, Retro and some other ones that escape me right now. She told me to try Mehr and said it might not show up on me because it was lighter than Twig was but I tried it on and I instantly fell in love with it. I know that they say that Kate 08 from Rimmel is a close dupe and I do have that as well but I'm not too keen on the scent of them and Mehr is more pigmented on me than Kate's 08.and looks so much better than Kate's 08, sorry Rimmel!! It's a soft dusty rose, mauvey pink on me. i asked her what skin type I would be in MAC foundation and she said that she can see the golden in my skin tone and said I would probably be a NC30-40 and I'm Asian (so you get the idea of my skin tone). In the end, My purchases were: Mehr (the last one! she said that they had a hard time keeping that one in stock so I'm definitely going to pick up another one) Party Line (which I'm kind of on the fence about on because I prefer mattes and it's cremesheen but the shade is lovely. If it were matte, I would definitely keep it), Ariana Grande Viva Glam (just because I love dark, vampy shades!) and a Night Moth lip liner to go with the Ariana lipstick. I've heard the Ariana is blotchy and difficult to get good coverage but the MUA said she always recommends everyone to try it for awhile before returning because they can't do anything with the returns so we might as well try to make it work. She then joked and said that coming in for one lipstick cost me over $100! I had to agree but lipstick is my jam! But I do have to say that while some dupes are great like Wet n Wild because it's unscented, I just can't handle some of the other brands with scents like Rimmel, Maybelline, L'Oreal, NYX round lipsticks (but not the other ones).

Update: 03/18.2016 I've been wearing Mehr for a couple of days and even though it's a matte and supposedly drying on your lips, I haven't noticed it. The pigmentation stays on for a long while and that's even after eating and drinking water. I now remember why I had so many MAC lipsticks back in the 90s! Looks like Mehr will be my go to daily lipstick, I LOVE it that much!

on 2/2/2016 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I cannot count the times that I stood at the MAC counter for this lipstick and ended up taking a different colour home instead. It just looked too cool toned for me. But every time I saw it on Instagram or Pinterest I started pining for it again. So I when I went to the MAC counter for a different colour (hah!) I ended up buying this one :). I should've done this months ago! This is such a perfect neutral lipstick! It just goes with absolutely everything! The colour is a light browney pink, but it doesn't oxidise to a very brown pink like Whirl does on me. It's matte but not uncomfortably so, it lasts pretty long and wears off evenly. My only gripe with MAC is that the bullets are all the same, so you have to pick up and read each label when you are searching for a particular one.

on 12/13/2015 12:27:00 PM

I had been eyeing this lipstick for so long but every time I swatched this on my hand in the MAC store it seemed to look too Barbie pink - bright and cool toned. I also heard that it was pretty similar to Cosmo by MAC which I already own. I felt like treating myself the other day and so I just picked up Mehr on a whim. I got home and tried it on and boy am I pleased to have picked this up! This is the colour I have been searching for so long! This color has totally been made for indian skin - for reference I am a NC20-25, medium skinned with yellow undertones. It's not as brown and neutral as Cosmo and although it is cool toned and brighter, it's not one of those bright, in your face colors. It's quite indescribable. Just a gorgeous, healthy pink shade which just brightens, freshens and adds life to your face. It is seriously amazing!

I find, depending on the condition of my lips, that the matte lipsticks tend to be a little drying and can sometimes cake up or settle into lip lines. This can easily be overcome by using a good matte lipstick such as the Nuxe Reve Du Meil, another product I highly recommend.

Indian beauties, this lipstick is a godsend for you! I urge you to pick up this colour and see the good stuff for yourself.

on 12/5/2015 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is a fantastic lipstick. It's very suiting to my skin tones (n18-nc20) and has a bit a dramatic flair to it. On me it looks like a combination of mauve and dark pink. It's also a very long lasting lipstick - I put it in the morning and I don't have to worry about it through the whole day, including while eating and drinking. Beware though that it's matte so it won't look good if your lips are dry and flaky.

First ever MAC lipstick I bought and my all time favourite, i love this pink lipstick with its grey undertones, it's classy and elegant while oh so wearable for anytime of the day. A great investment.

on 11/19/2015 10:26:00 PM

I have many MAC lipsticks and MAC Mehr is my fav one. It is such a color that you can wear anywhere from work to party. It looks very nice. It is such a shade that enhances the complete makeup look without looking too bright or too nude. I purchased it from MAC website very recently (Nov 2015). It is not available at Macy's or Bloomingdale or Nordstrom ...but it is available on MAC website. If your want that perfect pink lipstick then this one is must have.