MAC Mehr (Mickey Contractor Collection)

MAC Mehr (Mickey Contractor Collection)
MAC MehrSwatchesMehr_ArmaniMehr (Mickey Contractor Collection)

4.5

on 11/7/2017 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am obsessed with Mehr lipstick. It is a muted, medium rose shade which on myself looks to be a very natural, my lips but better shade. It has a matte finish, though does not dry out the lips. It doesn’t sink into lip lines, bleed or feel uncomfortable to wear. It has great staying power, lasting through meals without smudging. It applies easily on the lips from the bullet, with enough slip to prevent needing to drag the lip area. It is a very flattering shade on my NC15 skin, I always get compliments when I wear this one. It is definitely one of my favourite shades to wear, it is very versatile and can be worn dressed up or in a very casual manner. I recommend this to those who want to add some colour to their face, and look like an enhanced version of themselves. This is a must have lipstick for me!

This is a rose pink matte lipstick that is almost universally flattering. I use it with Soar lip liner. As with most of the MAC mattes, they can be drying after 3 or 4 applications. The colour pay off is great and lasts for a long time, though. It's a great natural, with or without gloss over it. I prefer Modesty, since it's more moisturizing and a little shiny.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This shade looks beautiful on so many skin tones. On my light olive skin (C2), this shows up as a deep mauve blue- pink. It is so rich and the matte finish makes it look even more intense and beautiful. The formula is so comfortable for me, and the staying power is so fantastic. I love wearing this with all sorts of eye and cheek looks, but my favorites are a nude clean eye or a deep grey smokey eye, they both give off different looks with this shade but look equally beautiful. For cheeks, I usually stick with a cool light pink, which matches the undertones of this.

on 7/12/2017 9:27:00 AM

I recently bought Mehr lipstick and am quite liking it. Its more pinkier than Twig and a good everyday wear shade.

I'm NC25, with neural to slightly warm undertone, living in Singapore and all its tropical humidity!

This has been a raved-about product for so long! I see it on Youtube, Pinterest, blogs etc. SO, I had to try it right? I went to Mac for a makeup workshop recently and had the opportunity to test it on my lips. The colour is a cool-toned dusty rose mauve on my lips and I would say it lends a touch of sophistication to the whole makeup look. As it's a matte formula, it can get a little drying on the lips so you might want to prep your lips with some lip balm or protector first. I only need to reapply this 1-2 a day depending on how long my day is. The colour pay off is great, and lasting power is there. Overall, quite happy with this! I love the packaging of MAC lipsticks, the cap is secure and the black bullet casing is sleek and convenient for travel.

I'm not giving this 5 lippies because this lipstick does not work well with a wide range of blush colours. I have tried it with MAC Melba, Pinch O Peach, Love Cloud and somehow the overall colouring looks off. So I only wear this lipstick with MAC Peony Petal blush as it's also a cool-toned pink.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am over 60 and if you are older, the MLBB colors are most flattering (not to say I don't wear muted red Viva Glam I for glamour and I'm toying with the Ruby Woo idea, but mostly, it's nude pinks.)

If you get washed out by nude pinks or want a bit more color, Mehr is very good. It's a matte finish nude rose if you are darker or a darker shade of MLBB or...you could say, good for pigmented lips. It goes on full coverage but smoothly: I like the Matte formula better than the sheer, greasy formulas or the frosts, which are gritty.

Mehr is now permanent. Dupes incllude Rimmel London Kate Moss #104.

Similar Mac colors: Cosmo (warmer) Twig (warmer, browner.) If you are very warm or golden in tone, you may do better with Cosmo or Twig.

I paired it with Whirl lip pencil and Dervish works as well. If it's a bit drying to you, put a touch of balm underneath and you can add any lipgloss on top to bring up a bit of shine.

This is a great staple color and wearable across many skin shades. I am NW25 for reference (neutral but cool overtones. I tint my hair with violet ash tones to make sure I am not clashing with warm in the hair, so I'm definitely on the cool spectrum.)

on 6/3/2017 11:54:00 PM

I love this color! And the wear is good. Leaves a pretty stain. I pair it with soar but a lighter more pink liner is pretty too. I swear only 3 lip colors look good on me and this is one of them. It reminds me of Stuka liquid lipstick in patina. This will always be in my makeup bag.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Just picked up this beautiful lipstick I love it 😊❤❤

on 4/9/2017 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

For reference, I'm Mac NC 25.. plus point: i really love the color.. this is a unique shade which look more brown in the tube but after you swipe it actually shows a bit of pink, brown, plum, mauve & purple - not an easy shade to be duplicated. On my skin tone, it looks good to be paired with cool tone outfit and compliment my skin tone really well...the color is oh-so-natural, not over the top but still give your lip some color to pop up your face and make your face look so put together..minus: the typical mac matte formula, a bit drying but a little bit of prep will help a lot...worth buying though!

on 2/13/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Me: Olive NC20ish brunette with brown eyes. Uploaded a pic of this shade on my lips above.

What I like: Gorgeous plummy MLBB shade on my pigmented lips. It's around 1-1.5 shades deeper than my natural lip colour but very similar in tone. A very flattering lipstick - natural but with a bit of oomph. Pretty much perfect with nearly any look.

I think the main attraction of MAC lipsticks is that they're well priced with a great variety of shades and formulations. This is a lovely colour and finish. I'm really enjoying my first MAC lipstick purchase since the early noughties.

What I don't like: I avoided MAC lipsticks for years as I really disliked the heavier formulas and slippery texture. However I'd never tried the Matte formulation which is far more lightweight and long wearing on the lips. Unlike my favorite matte formula (Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution), I find these can be a tad drying on the lips and a lip balm base is essential.