L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge (All Shades)

L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge (All Shades)

4.1

G848611 Ingredients/Ingrédients: isohexadecane • octyldodecyl neopentanoate • trimethylsiloxyphenyl dimethicone • isododecane • polyethylene • hydrogenated styrene/methyl styrene/indene copolymer • vp/hexadecene copolymer • acrylic acid/isobutyl acrylate/isobornyl acrylate copolymer • ozokerite • synthetic fluorphlogopite • vp/eicosene copolymer • alumina • calcium aluminum borosilicate • tocopheryl acetate • silica • hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine • pentaerythrityltetra-di-t butylhydroxyhydrocinnamate • calcium sodium borosilicate • tin oxide [may contain / peut contenir : ci 77891/ titanium dioxide • mica • ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499 / iron oxides • ci 15850 / red 7 • ci 45410 / red 28 lake • ci 15985 / yellow 6 lake • ci 45380 / red 22 lake • ci 19140 / yellow 5 lake • ci 42090 / blue 1 lake • ci 75470 / carmine] fil d43028/3 patents: us 5,665,778, and us pats. pending

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have a few of these lipsticks, and I even repurchased two that I almost used up completely which is a huge rarity for me. They feel nice on the lips and do last really well, but they can be drying if used too frequently without proper moisturizing in between uses. The shade range is pretty standard, but they do offer good every day go-to kinds of colors. The packaging is nice since the cap kind of locks on, so you don't have to worry about it coming open in your bag. If you want a long-wearing lipstick that isn't a liquid matte, this is a very good option. I like the formula and the colors, but I won't repurchase due to the fact that L'Oreal is not cruelty free.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite drugstore lipsticks. It goes on smoothly, so creamy, opaque, comfortable, comes with light candy/fruity flavor scent. It has a matte finish but not flat. It wears nicely during the day. It lasts and very minimal product comes off. I only have to reapply once or twice. I own the Tender Berry shade and it is a beautiful medium mauve pink.

on 7/7/2015 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have always loved these lipsticks, but have to lodge my complaint about the new 2015 redesign of the tube and the colors... everything is brighter and totally different now, though the names are the same...I want the old colors back in the silver tubes.......:(

on 7/15/2016 11:11:00 PM

I am obsessed with loreal's infallible lipstick line. My favorite shade by far right now is mesmerizing merlot. Its such a beautiful brown tone.

on 11/27/2015 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

These are wonderful drugstore lipsticks! Highly pigmented, full color on the first pass, and hydrating all day! I bought red fatale a few years ago on a whim and I put it on without really paying much attention, and eight hours later I noticed it was still going strong and was so comfortable! I bought three more the next day, and have repurchased since.

I am a lipstick JUNKIE! High end, low end, whatever! I own way too many. These stand up as well as my Nars, Mac, and YSL. It's a satin finish and not very matte at all but not glossy.

I took a lippy off because these are really soft - as in they can break and bend really easily, so I have to put them in the freezer sometimes. Wah! Nice package with a click cap, good color selection, silky feel, and long wearing! Buy them! I use these up faster than some of my pricier lipsticks and I will keep buying them. Though I haven't bought one in a bout a year-are they still around?

EDIT - they are, but in a new tube that I do not love as much. I liked the silver tube!

on 5/23/2016 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This was an impulse purchase of a lipstick to keep in my purse after I lost a more expensive one. These types of purchases are the reason you are kept waiting for half an hour when you got to fill a prescription. It's just enough time to poke around, and the price is just low enough to put it with your order.

It's a good lipstick to refresh your lips with after you've been out for a while. It does bleed much more than other lipsticks I use. I have only fine lines around my lips, and not really visible to the naked eye, but this goes down into everyone if I don't apply it carefully.

I chose Rambling Rose, because I wanted a light bright red -- but on it can be very garish if you don't have other makeup on.

It was something fun to throw in my bag, but I wouldn't do that again, mainly because in the drugstore you can't test color or consistency.

it's full coverage, long lasting, high pigmentation, satin finish. it just sets fast so it's hard to mix with other lip products if i need to correct the undertone.

also becomes patchy if i try to double or triple pass once it is set. unfortunately, it is drying to my lips. well most lipsticks are lol

surprisingly good for 10 and easily beats some dept store lippies if you dont care about branding.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

WOWSA!!! Surprised by how much I love this one!! I got this because I had been googling dupes for Gerard's 1995 and oddly enough many of the dupes I came across did not look like real dupes. Maybe they are IRL, but I have Maybelline Touch of Spice and to me it is not a dupe. I guess once the lip product is actually on the lips it can look very different (although TOS does look the same on my lips as the photos online, but I digress).

Anyhoo, after googling and googling I came across L'oreal's Tender Berry in this Infallible line. A few swatches I had seen online, it looked similar to me to 1995, so I thought why not try it out....? You might not think a 'berry' shade would be a dupe..but..this is not a real traditional 'berry' shade..and once on my lips, it looks verrryyyyyyy close to 1995. To my surprise and delight, it is as close of a dupe to 1995 that I have found, or at least that looks closest on my lips.

That all said, how does it perform/look/behave..? Well, I rated this 5-stars, and here are my reasons: This feels so soft on the lips. Seriously, like velvet!! My one concern, as with many lipsticks, was that it might settle into lines-but it did not. In fact, it seems to have smoothed out any lines and just gives my lips a very soft, smooth appearance. This does last a good 6 hours, which on me, is phenomenal, for d/s or h/e. Does not turn gummy or gunky nor turn funny or funky colors, just wears very nicely on the lips and feels great!! Great pigmentation! You can also easily build up the color. I do not detect any scent with this.

I plan on getting more shades. These are a little steep in price for d/s, these are around $9.00 at my Walmart. Oddly enough they are almost $1.50 less at Target-which is where I first looked for this, but Target has been out of this for a long time. Another slight drawback for some might be the cap, it is one of those caps that has a little notch on and you have to line it up perfectly to close. Not a huge deal for me, sometimes those kind of caps bother me, but it is not terrible on this one for some reason. It does 'snap' once locked into place/closed, which is nice, so you know the lid is secure. Would definitely re-purchase and will definitely pick up a couple other colors!!! So, to me, they are "worth" the higher price (being a d/s lip product), because they perform so well and the colors are gorgeous!!

on 4/7/2015 3:00:00 AM

I love it. Creamy, longwear, affordable. I will never buy any other type of lipstick 💄. These colors are amazing and it last without drying my lips. No more searching, I've found perfection.

on 4/17/2015 11:12:00 AM

I love this lipstick. Long lasting, not greasy, great colours. The lipstick goes on the same colour as they look in the tube. For the price, this is now my #1 go to lipstick!