BOOM! By Cindy Joseph Boomstick Color

Filtered by skin type : Normal
BOOM! By Cindy Joseph Boomstick Color
Boomstick ColorBoomstick Color

3.8

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Acrylates/Stearyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Canola Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Polyethylene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ozokerite, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tridecyl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vanillin, Neopentyl Glycol/Dicaprylate Dicaprate, (May Contain): Mica (77019), Titanium Dioxide , Iron Oxides , Bismuth Oxychloride , Carmine , Manganese Violet , Blue 1 Lake , Orange 5 , Orange 5 Lake , Red 6 , Red 7 Lake , Red 21 , Red 21 Lake , Red 22 Lake , Red 27 , Red 27 Lake , Red 28 Lake , Red 30 Lake , Red 33 Lake , Red 36 , Red 40 Lake , Yellow 5 Lake , Yellow 6 Lake , Yellow 10 Lake

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am not generally one to write reviews, but I have to say that I am surprised at the negative reviews for the products. I am in my 50s and have become tired of full face makeup application every day. I was looking for something quick and easy, that still looked pretty. I do not have perfect skin and have been using Bare Minerals for over 12 years. Cream and liquid foundations have always tended to make my skin break out and I never really liked the feel of them on my skin. I still love Bare Minerals and will continue to use it when I want a more flawless look. However, I love the ease of use of the Boomsticks. I still have enough moisture in my face, so don't need to use the Glo - it tends to make my face shinier than I like. I live in Ohio and do find the Glo stick to be great for lips and that awful cracking dryness across the backs of my hands and knuckles - it actually healed up the cracks and dryness in one day of application! I love the Boomsilk for a nighttime moisturizer - again, it's a bit too heavy for me in the daytime, but I am sure would be great for those with extremely dry skin, I love the Boomstick color and Glimmer. I dab just a bit of concealer under my eyes, add the color to my cheeks, forehead, nose, and chin. The color is extremely flattering to my skin. A bit of Glimmer to my brow bones. A touch of eyeliner, shadow, and mascara and I'm good to go - a five-minute get ready for work routine! I look fresh, glowing, and not overly made up. The fine lines and wrinkles are less visible since I have less on my face. I do wish the color would last a bit longer on my cheeks - one reapplication during the day. Perhaps, it would be better if I used a bit more on initial application - I'm still getting comfortable with the correct amount. As for cost, I think it will be reasonable since I see the sticks lasting for quite some time. If you want full coverage, this isn't your product. If you want a fresh look in a few minutes that is all natural, then this is your product. I will be using it for a long time to come.

Skip it. Don’t believe the hype. Glad I didn’t invest in the whole “system.” I’m really in love with Cindy Joseph’s whole ethos and message... less so with the products. This is basically a sheer wine lip balm that doesn’t look any more or less “natural” than similar items. Yes, you can put it all over your face, but that doesn’t mean you’d want to unless you have dry skin. I’m 46 but still quite oily, and this stuff just makes me look red & shiny. Putting it on my forehead makes me look weirdly sunburned. And it’s oil-based and sheer... so it slides off the face in about 10 minutes.

I far prefer my $3 Wet & Wild blush stick, which I use on my cheeks and lips over a light coat of foundation. That’s my daily minimal-makeup look and it works far better with my skin type. Bottom line... if you’re old enough to want a pro-aging product, you’re old enough to recognize that no beauty product is magical and that cheap stuff is just fine.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product! Read through some other reviews and its almost as though we are talking about two different products. I have no problem closing the tube, just swivel it down, put cap on and click it on a hard surface... not a big deal. I use this as my "go to" when I'm in a real hurry.... swipe in on upper cheek bones (yes, it goes on darker than I would want anyone to see me..but it fades to a natural look in just a few minutes) - put excess from fingers across upper forehead (thought this was 'dumb' when I first saw her directions), but it works... just makes a nice glow up there.... and on my lips... I'm WAY too old for big bold really red lipstick... and this is perfect... yeah, it doesn't last that long, but neither do most regular lipsticks I use either... -- and a swipe on my eyelids...again, this is not my full fledged makeup routine.... its the "oh lordy, I need to run out to the stores and I don't have time to do a real makeup routine" - this makes me look pretty good... again, I really like this product. I will be ordering another really soon because I want one to carry and one to have at home.

on 7/8/2016 3:59:00 PM

This is a great product for this 62 yr old who usually doesn't wear makeup. It adds a nice color to my face. I've been using it for about 6 months and I love it.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This review is for BOOMSILK. It's nice but I smell like olive oil. Beeswax scent would be better. The whole product line is GREASY too. I suppose that's why it's such a good moisturizer. Overall I like the concept of pro aging products that are simple to use and deal with the dry thin skin that comes after menopause.

on 3/24/2016 2:13:00 PM

I'm glad I don't give much credence to negative reviews I have realistic expectations when I purchase a product and I realize before I buy, the product simply may not work for me. This is the way I approached my purchase of Boom Stick.
1. I received my order a week. I figure this is because I live in close proximity to the area from where the product shipped.
2. The product size was exactly what I expected after watching the video.
3. while it does seem a little pricey, one has to remember it is made in small batches. That said, it makes sense it would be more expensive. Ingredients in small batches always cost more..
4. I am 56 years old the the product worked very well for me.
I am pleased with my product.

on 3/15/2016 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE these! They are smaller than I expected, but it just takes a little, so it seems it will last awhile and be well worth the cost. I am 49 and over the past few years have begun to wear less and less makeup. These are perfect for some color and moisturizing. I am ready to throw away all makeup and make this trio the only product I use. It is such a natural look. I'm surprised at some of the bad reviews. If you don't enjoy the natural look, then the product is not for you -- but, it does exactly what it claims.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have to say I'm astonished at the poor reviews. My expertise: been using blushes since 1969 (remember Bonne Bell's gel?) & have a drawerful of drugstore to v. expensive/high-end ones that didn't work out for one reason or another, incl. powder palettes, loose powder (bare escentuals), liquids (Perricone's No Blush the most recent), gels, sticks...

I find Boom to be by far the best, so much that I also sprang for the little holiday combo for travel. The color is a magical blend that can look very natural on both me (medium skin) and my very fair friend. It can go as an eyeshadow too. (Side note: the shimmer is also a genius blend of colors that can look gold, silver, rosy, purple.)

I'm thinking folks may have different expectations for its use and application methods. Boom seems, like its name and Cindy Joseph herself, to be meant for gals between 50-70+. We tend to have drier skin. So the silky,easy-blending texture, slight dewiness and sheen are really good for our needs.

Too, many of us have learned that heavy makeup is very aging & unattractive and perhaps have lost patience with an extensive makeup routine. We often don't use matte or high-coverage foundations--many of us just go for tinted moisturizers. We've found that a light, natural look is best--and we need a bit of extra rosiness. So we also stroke a bit on our chins, hairline, eye crease--the places one blushes post intimacy--or look at portraits by Renoir for that natural rosiness). Cindy has a video showing this application.

Second, a very light hand gives the best result.I lightly brush my finger over the tube and tap it on my cheek, then tap over with my ring finger to smooth the edges, not wiping it around. Then I very lightly tap any remainder on my chin and around my hairline for a bit of depth to an otherwise "flat" looking face. For fancy events, I also tap a bit of the shimmer on my browbone, inner eye & top of cheek bone.
As a final note, all those top actresses form the 30s & 40s--Garbo for one--put vaseline on their eyelids for the dewiness factor. Anyone putting shimmer there is creating that same effect...

on 11/11/2015 6:51:00 PM

I love the Boom sticks. The colors are perfect for me. I have had nothing but compliments about how young I look! My friends have tried the color stick as a lipstick. It looks good on all of them too. I use the shimmer one as an eye shadow and to add some shimmer to bottom lip. Really hides the lines better than eyeshadow which accentuates them. I have 2 sets. One for home and one for my purse!

on 6/5/2015 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased the three piece starter set with the blush included. Not sure what kind of Kool Aid she's drinking, but this stuff is a hot greasy mess!

After reading about how it's supposed to be age appropriate and receiving a 15% off promo code before their intended price hike, I thought I would give it a try since they have a return policy.

Ha ha, the joke's on me because the return policy does not apply when using a promo code! Why should that even matter? This is a bad business policy if you ask me. Just a needless waste of money. BEWARE...