BOOM! By Cindy Joseph Boomstick Color

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
BOOM! By Cindy Joseph Boomstick Color
Boomstick ColorBoomstick Color

2.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Acrylates/Stearyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Canola Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Polyethylene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ozokerite, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tridecyl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vanillin, Neopentyl Glycol/Dicaprylate Dicaprate, (May Contain): Mica (77019), Titanium Dioxide , Iron Oxides , Bismuth Oxychloride , Carmine , Manganese Violet , Blue 1 Lake , Orange 5 , Orange 5 Lake , Red 6 , Red 7 Lake , Red 21 , Red 21 Lake , Red 22 Lake , Red 27 , Red 27 Lake , Red 28 Lake , Red 30 Lake , Red 33 Lake , Red 36 , Red 40 Lake , Yellow 5 Lake , Yellow 6 Lake , Yellow 10 Lake

on 5/27/2018 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I fell sucker and finally broke down and bought the boom stick , and the fact is this is nothing’s but a dark violet or plum stain, that could look like a vampire mouth and the color is actually too dark for a older face, I looked like I had a breathing problem as my lips were too purple. I would not recommend this product as we all know girls that we look better with a lighter prettier color then this stuff, on the cheeks it can look like bruising , really wasted my money as Clinique chubby stick in peony is similar, but more flattering on lips and cheeks.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wanted to love Cindy Joseph's products but have to admit I was pretty disappointed. First off, the packaging is very cheap. Just getting these sticks to close properly takes work. The flimsy plastic would be bad enough but having to work so hard to get it to snap closed is downright irritating. If you don't close it properly, the product will dry out and be useless. The second issue I have with this color stick is that it's actually too large to apply nicely to the lips. You can't follow the shape of your lips at all. It gives the lips a thin swipe of color that's very sheer. It has zero staying power. It's not buildable either so you can't work with it to get a look you want. Frankly, if chapstick had color it would be 10x better than what you get with this product. I'm sorry to have to give this such a poor review. Ido think there is a need for make up for older skin and make up needs but this does not fill that void.

on 3/23/2016 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is for people who don't want to wear makeup, but who want a healthy glow. It's also, imo, for older drier skin. I am well over 40, tired of cakey makeup (haven't found anything - expensive or drugstore that doesn't cake on the older skin), tired of accentuating crows feet, tired of looking like Bette Davis in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, tired of products irritating my roseacea...So I used this because I wanted moisture without sparkles. I wanted natural ingredients. I wanted to have a healthy glow (that can mean shiny - and shiny is not bad over 40) and I wanted a bronzer effect without looking orange, and not via a powder...because powder cakes on my older skin thank you, and guess what?? BOOMSTICK delivered. I love it. I bought the trio and I use them all. I am a makeup minimalist -that doesn't mean I don't go without a stitch on...I still use a little concealer on my inner eye darkness...but I no longer put layers of dry foundation and powder on my face. The less I put on those wrinkles the better - BoomColor goes on nicely without any dumb sparkles in it, I get my contouring nicely done in a pleasant rose shade. I end up with a nice natural but finished look - BUT...this IS for minimalists. This is for people detoxing off of heavy foundations and powders. It is oddly liberating to use so few products. And to embrace and enhance your skin instead of covering it up. I have dry skin, and moisture is what I needed - so while others talk about "greasy" effects - this has been a godsend for me. Of course I wish it was cheaper - but have purchased it again since my initial buy. I love it.

on 12/13/2015 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I ordered the trio because they were out of the color stick unless I bought the trio. What a ripoff. I figured I could use instead of makeup, just a greasy mess. I also ordered the sensual cream and that did nothing, that would have worked better if it was the greasy makeup stick. These products should be taken off the market. I am going to just throw mine away.

on 1/16/2013 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

These products contain vitamin e. so if you have experienced itching it is due to this.
The color stick is extremely drying to the lips. If you have olive skin it appears orangey on both your cheeks and your lips. I think the colors for silver haired women make you look old versus a pink color which has a more youthful look and gives the appearance of a fresh face instead of an old one given these boom colors. The moisturizer did nothing to hydrate my dry skin, and the stick that is supposed to glisten your skin only accentuates the wrinkles! Not good at all!