BOOM! By Cindy Joseph Boomstick Color

BOOM! By Cindy Joseph Boomstick Color
Boomstick ColorBoomstick Color

3.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Acrylates/Stearyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Canola Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Polyethylene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ozokerite, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tridecyl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vanillin, Neopentyl Glycol/Dicaprylate Dicaprate, (May Contain): Mica (77019), Titanium Dioxide , Iron Oxides , Bismuth Oxychloride , Carmine , Manganese Violet , Blue 1 Lake , Orange 5 , Orange 5 Lake , Red 6 , Red 7 Lake , Red 21 , Red 21 Lake , Red 22 Lake , Red 27 , Red 27 Lake , Red 28 Lake , Red 30 Lake , Red 33 Lake , Red 36 , Red 40 Lake , Yellow 5 Lake , Yellow 6 Lake , Yellow 10 Lake

on 2/9/2019 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I bought this for the first time about a year ago, and have relied on it more and more over time. I take good care of my skin but have not used makeup on my face in over 40 years. So the idea of using Boom "Color" was a daring move for me. I find it just about perfect for older skin. The color looks dark in the tube, but I only glide on a very small amount, and it behaves exactly as the company states: it gives just enough color, blends into my skin, and lets my own skin tone show through. In short, it looks completely natural. I've just bought it for the second time, and plan to keep using this product forever.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

BOOMSTICK? WORTH EVERY PENNY.

BOOM has been heavily targeted to mature women but I am telling you it works for me and maybe you should take a closer look at these products. It works so well, it's replaced a lot of product in my makeup wardrobe, which is good because it's a tad spendy at almost 30 USD for a stick slightly bigger than a lipstick (reminiscent of Bite) but you actually don't go through a lot of product quickly. This stuff laaaaasts (I'm talking a few months here) so when I add it up, I'm saving both time and money with a multi-functional quality product I'll actually use daily. BOOM FTW!

It can be used on eyes, cheeks, around the face or on your collar bone. Need a hint of believable colour? Smooth it on and blend it in. Done. This is very natural looking, like you're not wearing makeup at all, and anyone seeking a healthier, more realistic look will fall head-over-heels for this stuff. (I have.) It's made from all natural ingredients so there's nothing harmful in there and that's peace of mind for me. You're paying for the quality and honestly, you'll get what you pay for. I'm not sure I could be happier with the actual product if I tried.

In my quest for a simpler, healthier, wallet-friendly routine with versatile, flattering and useful products, I've tried most of the various multisticks out there. Some of them (NARS, even more expensive) are better than others (elf I'm side-eyeing you for the glitterazzi hell that you are) but BOOM is superior in every possible way to everything I've tried before it. It's creamy, easy to blend, universally flattering, always appropriate, buildable and straight-up pretty. The only thing I can think of that could be a possible drawback for some is that it only lasts about six or so hours. You have to reapply it. However, it is so seriously easy to reapply, even on the go, lack of fuss makes this a no-brainer.

I got the trio (Color, Glo and Shimmer) for about 80 USD + shipping and I can honestly say I use them every day. I don't usually wear foundation, just SPF and concealer under the eyes, so it's really easy for me to reapply as often as I like. I have no allergic response and it doesn't break me out. Goes on easily and comes off with facewash. The packaging is terrific, they are very portable sticks, and I'm even thinking of picking up two extra sets - one for my purse and another for my travel bag - just so I can keep the trio I have at my desk for easy mornings. (I am not a morning person, hate looking for things when I'm half-awake or less, and organize everything at night that I can because of this fact, so yes I may buy multiples.)

A drawback for me is that you can only get it from their website. I wouldn't mind this as I often order things online; however, the site is plagued with pop-up marketing. Just trying to buy the trio, I got smacked with two po-ups upon arrival, a few while shopping, and three pop-ups from cart to purchase. There's also an email infestation and, given their druthers, you'll get an email from them every day. (They're a small company with no other retailer so I get that they're trying to compete in a huge arena, but I wish they'd stop with such aggressive marketing. Their very positive message on some great products can, and often is, drowned out by it.) TIP: Change the email settings in your account (I opted for unsub), patiently wade through the site pop-ups, grit your teeth and just order some seriously great product.

So you can get an idea how good this stuff really, really is: 1) I'm a minimalist. You better pull double duty and be invaluable if you want to exist in my space. 2) I hate aggressive marketing. Email me more than twice a month or hit me with site pop-ups (hey sephora long time no see) and I'm gone, no sale, Bye Felicia. 3) I'm frugal and hate to part with money under the best of circumstances. It's actually caused me physical pain. 4) My daily routine consists of SPF, concealer, BOOM, brow pencil, and a cream shadow or two. I look fabulous (thanks, BOOM) and so can you. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I absolutely adore the Boomsilk cream, I just bought my second large jar, the first one lasted a year and a half. You only need a pea sized amount for your face. I have extremely sensitive skin, and when I smooth this on, I can feel my skin saying thank you, it is so pure, and feels so healing! It is basically made of olive oil and honey, with honey components, with no fragrance, colors, chemicals, or additives. I use the Kiss My Face sensitive skin SPF under it during the day, and sometimes a tinted moisturizer on top, just to cover the large pores. I am always getting compliments on my skin, people are shocked when they hear my age. I think the price is extremely reasonable when you compare it to brands like Estee Lauder, $58 for a half pound of pure cream, vs. $50 for 1.7 oz. I also love the trio, I use the color for my cheeks, temples, sides of neck and bottom of neck, and the glimmer for my cheekbones, tip of nose, and a dot on the chin. The glo is the Boomsilk with more beeswax, so you can carry it with you. I used to have oily skin, but now, in my 60's, it's on the dry side, so it soaks up the Boomsilk, and you can use it anywhere on your body that you feel dry spots. Cindy has a wonderful video on youtube about her makeup routine.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

J'adore ce produit. Je suis d'un certain âge et j'ai essayé plusieurs produits (foundation). Je détestais l'effet. Mes rides paraissaient plus évidentes et j'avais l'air beaucoup plus vieille.
J'ai donc essayé Boom et j'ai l'air en santé et je me sens bien dans ma peau. Pour profiter de ce look nous devons faire des retouches au cour de la journée. Mais avec tous les autres produits nous devons faire aussi des retouches. Je recommande ce produit aux femmes de 50 ans et plus. Il est magnifique.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For me, someone who will be 57 in a few days, this is the best find ever. My husband was always commenting that the make-up I wore (Lancome, Pur, Benefit), it made me look older. He could see the pores (no matter what kind of primer I used) and how the make up sunk into my wrinkles. So I find BOOM and he said...you look different, like you just got home from the gym. I was sold then. Easy to apply, simple, quick, barely takes up space. No more clown look. This is my new brand. Plus I love the Boomsilk moisturizer. Try it on your flip flop feet, miraculous. This product makes me look younger, more natural plus my skin is not irritated. Easy peasy! Highly recommend!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product! Read through some other reviews and its almost as though we are talking about two different products. I have no problem closing the tube, just swivel it down, put cap on and click it on a hard surface... not a big deal. I use this as my "go to" when I'm in a real hurry.... swipe in on upper cheek bones (yes, it goes on darker than I would want anyone to see me..but it fades to a natural look in just a few minutes) - put excess from fingers across upper forehead (thought this was 'dumb' when I first saw her directions), but it works... just makes a nice glow up there.... and on my lips... I'm WAY too old for big bold really red lipstick... and this is perfect... yeah, it doesn't last that long, but neither do most regular lipsticks I use either... -- and a swipe on my eyelids...again, this is not my full fledged makeup routine.... its the "oh lordy, I need to run out to the stores and I don't have time to do a real makeup routine" - this makes me look pretty good... again, I really like this product. I will be ordering another really soon because I want one to carry and one to have at home.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally, with this product line I found a skincare and complimentary, natural makeup line combined that compliments and also soothes my sensitive and paraben allergic skin. I purchased the complete line and I am thrilled! I found additional uses, as well!

I found when I apply either the remaining bit of Cotton or Skin product, from what is on my palms after applying to skin, to my freshly shampooed hair, the results are gorgeous, with hair that is non-frizz and with my soft, full natural curls. These are each lovely, we'll made, and safe ingredients products all around. I I'll purchase them again in the future.

Also, the Boomstick Color, Glimmer and Glow product tubes are great sizes, and excellent design. Excellent for travel. It would be awesome for smaller TRAVEL similar sizes (tube, pot, etc.) for the other four products. Hint, hint. ;)

I love these products by Cindy Joseph! As an older woman I have very dry skin and found the emollient blush to be perfect for me. I also use it as a lip gloss. Recently I have had a serious bout of illness and when I was better and able to use makeup again, I chose the Boom products because they were so easy to put on. I didn't expect it but I received several comments along the line of "I can tell you are feeling better because your color is good, Clare," I didn't want to explain that it was due to my new makeup. If I didn't wear Boom Color, I received no comments.
The price is a little high but for me a little bit of product goes a long way so I didn't mind paying more.
I look forward to trying more of these products when I have a chance to order them.

on 3/18/2017 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been using this for about a year, and find it so natural looking, simple and easy to use that I will probably never go back to other blushes. While listed as blush here, it is meant to be treated more like a bronzer - applied to cheeks, forehead, jawline, lips and upper eyelids...wherever the sun would touch. The color is sheer, so I carry it with me and can touch up at any time.

on 12/15/2016 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this product along with the Boomstick glimmer everyday for the past 6 months and I love it! Really makes my features pop from looking plain to great. I use it as Cindy Joseph recommends. I don't find the product greasy at all. I like using it after moisturizing my dry skin in the morning. Great using without makeup or using after a Bb cream.