Boom! by Cindy Joseph- Boomstick Color

Boom! by Cindy Joseph- Boomstick Color

2.9

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Acrylates/Stearyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Canola Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Polyethylene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ozokerite, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tridecyl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vanillin, Neopentyl Glycol/Dicaprylate Dicaprate, (May Contain): Mica (77019), Titanium Dioxide , Iron Oxides , Bismuth Oxychloride , Carmine , Manganese Violet , Blue 1 Lake , Orange 5 , Orange 5 Lake , Red 6 , Red 7 Lake , Red 21 , Red 21 Lake , Red 22 Lake , Red 27 , Red 27 Lake , Red 28 Lake , Red 30 Lake , Red 33 Lake , Red 36 , Red 40 Lake , Yellow 5 Lake , Yellow 6 Lake , Yellow 10 Lake

on 7/11/2016 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My women's club decided to test different makeup and moisturizers for fun. Most of us are over 45. Of the 19 products we tested, BOOM products came in dead last. Comments: Greasy, expensive, smelly. I personally smelled like a "fry cook" from the excessive "organic" olive oil in the products I tested. So Who came in FIRST and SECOND? Some Burt's Bees and Andalou products- reasonable prices and soft skin!!

on 7/8/2016 3:59:00 PM

This is a great product for this 62 yr old who usually doesn't wear makeup. It adds a nice color to my face. I've been using it for about 6 months and I love it.

To Read all 32 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/19/2016 11:39:00 AM

I feel like I've been had. Everything about this product is greasy. I ordered the Boom Cotton, because the product boasts to be non greasy. Well, it was. I used it at night and woke up in the morning with greasy hair and pillow case.

The Color stick is great for a lip stick, but on the cheeks doesn't last the morning.

WIth the Glow stick, I"m still not quite sure what that does.

And finally, the Glimmer stick. To apply this to the eyes puts to much of a pull on the eyelid.

The product has a great marketing scheme to target the vanity of aging woman. It is over priced and I feel like this impulse buy has the greatest buyers remorse I've ever experienced. Sorry Cindy Joseph. Your excitement about your product is unwarranted.

on 6/2/2016 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HAD to try this!! Love the idea of makeup for my age group (I'm same age as Cindy) However the Love affair ends there. The makeup is in a very cheap container and very small. Especially considering. the price.

My first review of this was not good so I am editing it. Despite my initial reaction to this makeup I am wearing it alot!! I like the finish and the glow it gives my skin. I wear it over my foundation.

on 5/18/2016 4:18:00 PM

I got the trio, plus Boomsilk. Ix-nay on Boomsilk--it is way too heavy and greasy for my facial skin. I got awful milia from it. I used it on my feet instead.

Trio:

Boomstick Glo--same product as Boomsilk but in a stick. Since Boomsilk isn't suitable for my facial skin, I ended up using it as lip balm. The stick is too wide for my lips so I dab it on with a finger, which isn't very hygienic. It's quite expensive for a lip balm.

Boomstick Glimmer--I actually like this and use it on my eyes, top of cheekbones and collarbones. If you don't use much you get a nice subtle pearlescent glow.

Boomstick Color--I don't think there is any such thing as a universally flattering lip and cheek color. That burgundy/wine color just isn't for me. I think it probably looks best on people who are "winters". On me it is too dark, and the idea of using it by the eyes makes me shake my head. When I tried it I looked like I had eczema. If this came in a rose color, I would think about giving it a try, but that current color isn't a good one on me. Someone wrote in another review on MUA that Burt's Bees Raisin (or was it Fig?) is very similar to Boomstick Color, easier to apply to lips because the size of the tube, and it's cheaper. I have to agree!

I like the idea of these, because I am a real minimalist about makeup, but the only one that I would repurchase is Boomstick Glimmer.

on 4/27/2016 7:35:00 PM

I got the Boomstick color and the Boomstick glimmer. The reddish color of the color stick is very nice on me. I don't find it greasy like other people have mentioned but I am in my late 40's and my skin is getting dry. I don't use it as often as I thought I would however . I find the color fades relatively quickly through the course of a day. The wide applicator is not ideal for putting the product on your lips (sometimes I use a finger) and it isn't that flattering on my eyes. It's definitely nice for travel and for days when you want to look natural. I am a bit on the fence about buying it again.

Some of the reviewers think this product is expensive but I recently got a color stick from an Organic skin care company that was $35, even more expensive.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This review is for BOOMSILK. It's nice but I smell like olive oil. Beeswax scent would be better. The whole product line is GREASY too. I suppose that's why it's such a good moisturizer. Overall I like the concept of pro aging products that are simple to use and deal with the dry thin skin that comes after menopause.

on 3/24/2016 2:13:00 PM

I'm glad I don't give much credence to negative reviews I have realistic expectations when I purchase a product and I realize before I buy, the product simply may not work for me. This is the way I approached my purchase of Boom Stick.
1. I received my order a week. I figure this is because I live in close proximity to the area from where the product shipped.
2. The product size was exactly what I expected after watching the video.
3. while it does seem a little pricey, one has to remember it is made in small batches. That said, it makes sense it would be more expensive. Ingredients in small batches always cost more..
4. I am 56 years old the the product worked very well for me.
I am pleased with my product.

on 3/23/2016 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is for people who don't want to wear makeup, but who want a healthy glow. It's also, imo, for older drier skin. I am well over 40, tired of cakey makeup (haven't found anything - expensive or drugstore that doesn't cake on the older skin), tired of accentuating crows feet, tired of looking like Bette Davis in Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, tired of products irritating my roseacea...So I used this because I wanted moisture without sparkles. I wanted natural ingredients. I wanted to have a healthy glow (that can mean shiny - and shiny is not bad over 40) and I wanted a bronzer effect without looking orange, and not via a powder...because powder cakes on my older skin thank you, and guess what?? BOOMSTICK delivered. I love it. I bought the trio and I use them all. I am a makeup minimalist -that doesn't mean I don't go without a stitch on...I still use a little concealer on my inner eye darkness...but I no longer put layers of dry foundation and powder on my face. The less I put on those wrinkles the better - BoomColor goes on nicely without any dumb sparkles in it, I get my contouring nicely done in a pleasant rose shade. I end up with a nice natural but finished look - BUT...this IS for minimalists. This is for people detoxing off of heavy foundations and powders. It is oddly liberating to use so few products. And to embrace and enhance your skin instead of covering it up. I have dry skin, and moisture is what I needed - so while others talk about "greasy" effects - this has been a godsend for me. Of course I wish it was cheaper - but have purchased it again since my initial buy. I love it.

on 3/15/2016 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't know why I bought this, but I'm an idiot. A rather dark burgandy shade of lip/cheek color. Does not give aging skin a color lift. Tiny tube which does not show product weight. Too expensive for the size and usefulness. You have to buy online and wait several weeks for delivery. I unsubmitted my daily email from her even before the product arrived. It was ridiculous how many emails I received in a short amount of time.

Hope I am smarter next time.

Popular Blush Products