BOOM! By Cindy Joseph Boomstick Color

BOOM! By Cindy Joseph Boomstick Color
Boomstick ColorBoomstick Color

3.1

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Acrylates/Stearyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Canola Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Polyethylene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ozokerite, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tridecyl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vanillin, Neopentyl Glycol/Dicaprylate Dicaprate, (May Contain): Mica (77019), Titanium Dioxide , Iron Oxides , Bismuth Oxychloride , Carmine , Manganese Violet , Blue 1 Lake , Orange 5 , Orange 5 Lake , Red 6 , Red 7 Lake , Red 21 , Red 21 Lake , Red 22 Lake , Red 27 , Red 27 Lake , Red 28 Lake , Red 30 Lake , Red 33 Lake , Red 36 , Red 40 Lake , Yellow 5 Lake , Yellow 6 Lake , Yellow 10 Lake

I was stunned when i received my boom stick its alittle bigger than a lipstick. The concept of using one color for cheeks and lips are a great one if only it stayed on your skin its too greasy and I have to keep reapplying. The price was out to lunch for what you received. They assured me it will last but geesh I paid in american dollars so with the purchase and shipping I paid approximately 80 canadian. Our dollar isnt doing well oh well. lol..anyways I was looking forward to a decent size. I was stunned. Its slighting bigger than a lipstick and even if I didnt have to pay such a huge price for shipping...30 dollars to send a small a tad bigger than a lipstick size container. I said come on that is robbery. They refunded me 4 dollars. So I would never buy this again. Ever.

on 9/28/2018 9:20:00 AM

Like some other reviewers, I really, really wanted to love this product but was disappointed. I have fair, olive skin that’s in pretty good shape for my age (I’ll be 50 next year). The color stick was shockingly dark. Although it did glide on very sheerly as promised, the color was still too dark and garish, at least for my skin. Also, applying the products (I purchased all 3 sticks and the Boomsilk), I found left my face very red from the application and the blending, even though the product was butter soft. If you go back and watch all the infomercials again, you can actually see that they portray the products fairly accurately, but my expectations were perhaps unrealistic? They also straight out tell you that reapplication is necessary, and I expected that, but again, the product seems to evaporate from the skin very quickly, leaving me looking bare faced after an hour or so.
I will not repurchase this line. I wish there was a “Fenty” style breakthrough for the older age groups!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have dry skin and don't wear makeup often. I do wear mascara almost daily. These sticks are probably best for people who don't wear much makeup. They suit me, however there is zero "coverage".

on 5/27/2018 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I fell sucker and finally broke down and bought the boom stick , and the fact is this is nothing’s but a dark violet or plum stain, that could look like a vampire mouth and the color is actually too dark for a older face, I looked like I had a breathing problem as my lips were too purple. I would not recommend this product as we all know girls that we look better with a lighter prettier color then this stuff, on the cheeks it can look like bruising , really wasted my money as Clinique chubby stick in peony is similar, but more flattering on lips and cheeks.

on 3/14/2018 8:31:00 PM

I really love the idea behind Cindy Joseph's BOOM line. It's about time that makeup / beauty companies start paying attention to what works for us 50 and 60-somethings. It cracks me up when I see ads for wrinkle creams, etc., showing a glowing nubile young thing. Am I supposed to be impressed because her face is wrinkle-free and firm? Am I supposed to rush out and buy the product, believing that I too will have skin like hers if I just use the product line? Ridiculous. There are a lot of us Baby Boomers out there, and we are still young enough that we want to make the most of whatever beauty we've been able to hold on to. Every product line, and its advertisement campaigns, are centered around women in their 20's and 30's, and to be honest it's not all that hard to look good when you still have collagen in your face, the sun has not yet wreaked havoc on your skin, and gravity has not done its dastardly deed on your overall appearance. I do believe, as Cindy does, that for our age group less is best. I find that the more products I put on my face, the more my wrinkles and flaws become obvious. Forget all this countouring, highlighting, and attempting to create illusions with makeup. It does not work on older faces. With that said, I wanted to really LOVE this product. I was willing to pay the $27 price tag, as long as I felt it was a good value. I do love the color, and yes it does look very nice and natural on my skin tone. However, it does NOT last long. And I was really shocked and disappointed at how little product you actually get in your stick. Fully extended, it is only 1 inch. That's not a whole lot, especially if you are going to use it on your lips, as well as your cheeks, forehead, and decollete. It's a shame, because the color is really nice. A wine color with just a tinge of brown perhaps. It's nice. But for the amount of times I have to reapply (it is not long lasting), I don't see me making this purchase very often, or not at all. I will check out other drug store brands like Wet N Wild and NYX to see if they have a blush stick of a similar shade. I was going to try some of her other products in the line, but I think I will continue looking for something more affordable. Yes, for some, $27 for a tiny little stick of blush is not a lot of money; but for me, it's not really sustainable on my tight budget.

on 1/10/2018 3:19:00 AM

I bought the 3 Boomsticks and the Boomsilk about a year ago. I only want to spend a few minutes on makeup and want a natural look. The Boomsilk was too greasy and shiny for my face but works okay on my hands. I don't ever use the highlighter unless I am going for a made-up look because I don't wear eye shadow or want to look glittery. The clear stick works really well around and under my eyes to minimize fine lines. The color stick gives me a natural looking bit of color on my pale cheeks. I have been using it most days for almost a year and still have some in the tube. I just swipe some on and blend with my fingers. I am looking for less expensive options for the 2 items I am using, but otherwise would probably repurchase. I agree with others about the packaging issues -- very difficult to get the caps on the sticks to stay on so I do not trust to carry in my purse. Also, kind of basic white plastic, but not a big deal for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I absolutely adore the Boomsilk cream, I just bought my second large jar, the first one lasted a year and a half. You only need a pea sized amount for your face. I have extremely sensitive skin, and when I smooth this on, I can feel my skin saying thank you, it is so pure, and feels so healing! It is basically made of olive oil and honey, with honey components, with no fragrance, colors, chemicals, or additives. I use the Kiss My Face sensitive skin SPF under it during the day, and sometimes a tinted moisturizer on top, just to cover the large pores. I am always getting compliments on my skin, people are shocked when they hear my age. I think the price is extremely reasonable when you compare it to brands like Estee Lauder, $58 for a half pound of pure cream, vs. $50 for 1.7 oz. I also love the trio, I use the color for my cheeks, temples, sides of neck and bottom of neck, and the glimmer for my cheekbones, tip of nose, and a dot on the chin. The glo is the Boomsilk with more beeswax, so you can carry it with you. I used to have oily skin, but now, in my 60's, it's on the dry side, so it soaks up the Boomsilk, and you can use it anywhere on your body that you feel dry spots. Cindy has a wonderful video on youtube about her makeup routine.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I am olive complexion and this color is horrible on me. To say it matches all color types is not true fact. I have tried it several times and I look kind of sick in the color. It is kind of a mauve color and just not very flattering and it does not stay on. It is very expensive also for what you get. I buy this stuff and think well maybe its just me, bc I read some reviews that gals love it.. But on here have read where those reviews may not all be from regular people like us.. I have tried and tried this color to be sure but ya know other people asked me if I felt good because my color didn't look good. Thanks Boom. I like the philosophy behind Cindy but we need to feel good about ourselves on the inside not because of some expensive makeup line. I find all her products greasy. I did however reorder thee sticks for my 8 yr old granddaughters b/d because she loved the fact it came from bees. She loves it and loves the sticks, but for me its a thumbs down.

on 10/25/2017 5:16:00 PM

Received my Boom Stick Color in a cute, small stick form. I am a bit surprised at the size of the stick ($33) for the amount of product.
I do like the color, and usually use it for lipcolor instead of blush. I already have a pink complexion, so added color is unneccesary for me. For the price, I think I could've done just as well if I'd gone to ULTA or any drugstore.
Sorry, Cindy.

Skip it. Don’t believe the hype. Glad I didn’t invest in the whole “system.” I’m really in love with Cindy Joseph’s whole ethos and message... less so with the products. This is basically a sheer wine lip balm that doesn’t look any more or less “natural” than similar items. Yes, you can put it all over your face, but that doesn’t mean you’d want to unless you have dry skin. I’m 46 but still quite oily, and this stuff just makes me look red & shiny. Putting it on my forehead makes me look weirdly sunburned. And it’s oil-based and sheer... so it slides off the face in about 10 minutes.

I far prefer my $3 Wet & Wild blush stick, which I use on my cheeks and lips over a light coat of foundation. That’s my daily minimal-makeup look and it works far better with my skin type. Bottom line... if you’re old enough to want a pro-aging product, you’re old enough to recognize that no beauty product is magical and that cheap stuff is just fine.

Popular Blush Products