Boom! by Cindy Joseph- Boomstick Color

Boom! by Cindy Joseph- Boomstick Color
Boom! by Cindy Joseph- Boomstick ColorBoom! by Cindy Joseph- Boomstick Color

3.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Acrylates/Stearyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Canola Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Polyethylene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ozokerite, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tridecyl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vanillin, Neopentyl Glycol/Dicaprylate Dicaprate, (May Contain): Mica (77019), Titanium Dioxide , Iron Oxides , Bismuth Oxychloride , Carmine , Manganese Violet , Blue 1 Lake , Orange 5 , Orange 5 Lake , Red 6 , Red 7 Lake , Red 21 , Red 21 Lake , Red 22 Lake , Red 27 , Red 27 Lake , Red 28 Lake , Red 30 Lake , Red 33 Lake , Red 36 , Red 40 Lake , Yellow 5 Lake , Yellow 6 Lake , Yellow 10 Lake

Skip it. Don’t believe the hype. Glad I didn’t invest in the whole “system.” I’m really in love with Cindy Joseph’s whole ethos and message... less so with the products. This is basically a sheer wine lip balm that doesn’t look any more or less “natural” than similar items. Yes, you can put it all over your face, but that doesn’t mean you’d want to unless you have dry skin. I’m 46 but still quite oily, and this stuff just makes me look red & shiny. Putting it on my forehead makes me look weirdly sunburned. And it’s oil-based and sheer... so it slides off the face in about 10 minutes.

I far prefer my $3 Wet & Wild blush stick, which I use on my cheeks and lips over a light coat of foundation. That’s my daily minimal-makeup look and it works far better with my skin type. Bottom line... if you’re old enough to want a pro-aging product, you’re old enough to recognize that no beauty product is magical and that cheap stuff is just fine.

69y/o woman. Light and pale skin w age spots. I rely on cheek and lip color to look alive and vibrant. I purchased the boom silk cream and the trio. The glo stick is so emollient that the color and glimmer stick colors slide right off. In ten minutes I look pale and without vibrancy. So " natural" that I look like I did nothing to prepare for the day. I'm thinking that a woman w lots of her own skin tone might feel differently, but I feel it doesn't last and I look tired.

The silk is a pleasant cream and ingredients seem of good quality but nothing special. A big investment w limited payoff for me. I wanted to fall in love w these products but instead I wish I could return them.

I like the philosophy behind the Boom! line (that aging can be embraced and women can still be beautiful and sexy), but the products are less than the business hype. The product is pricey, but it lasts so long that it ends up being a decent bargain. Boomstick Color is a chubby stick with a flat top that goes on a bit greasy; it's a sheer, dark wine color and can be blended in for a natural look. That look lasts about 40-minutes at best on my cheeks and about 40-seconds on my lips. The company addresses the staying power of Boomstick Color by stating if they put more pigment in, it would look "cosmetic... fake", and - I kid you not - "It is designed to be used three or four times a day." I've also noticed that Boom! blog comments tend to be overly glowing and sound like advertisements (as do a couple of reviews here on MA) and have discovered that many of the commenters have only 1 or 2 Disqus comments under their belts, and they are always just about Boom! Bottom line, it's not a bad product, but I think there is some misleading in advertising (I thought they were all made in HI, but just learned Boomstick Color and Boomstick Glimmer are made in NY) and producing a good product is taking a back seat to a successful business plan.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For me, someone who will be 57 in a few days, this is the best find ever. My husband was always commenting that the make-up I wore (Lancome, Pur, Benefit), it made me look older. He could see the pores (no matter what kind of primer I used) and how the make up sunk into my wrinkles. So I find BOOM and he said...you look different, like you just got home from the gym. I was sold then. Easy to apply, simple, quick, barely takes up space. No more clown look. This is my new brand. Plus I love the Boomsilk moisturizer. Try it on your flip flop feet, miraculous. This product makes me look younger, more natural plus my skin is not irritated. Easy peasy! Highly recommend!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

J'adore ce produit. Je suis d'un certain âge et j'ai essayé plusieurs produits (foundation). Je détestais l'effet. Mes rides paraissaient plus évidentes et j'avais l'air beaucoup plus vieille.
J'ai donc essayé Boom et j'ai l'air en santé et je me sens bien dans ma peau. Pour profiter de ce look nous devons faire des retouches au cour de la journée. Mais avec tous les autres produits nous devons faire aussi des retouches. Je recommande ce produit aux femmes de 50 ans et plus. Il est magnifique.

on 9/5/2017 2:34:00 PM

I waited 3 weeks to receive this product. I tracked it's progress from NY to London, it first went to Japan, then to Australia, where it stayed for 8 days. Not sure why this had to happen, very annoying. Tried it for the first time today and what I really hoped wouldn't happen, did. I am very sensitive to anything on my eyes, I know this product is supposed to be all natural, but I've still got red, puffy eyes from wearing it today. I love the look of all 3 sticks, it's nice and glossy, and when I first put it on, I loved it, but through the day my eyes became more and more sore. I will hopefully be able to use the sticks everywhere but my eyelids, but I did want to simplify my makeup and this seemed the perfect solution. I will have to return to Clinique for any eye shadow colour. The packaging is basic to say the least. Very ordinary, I thought the sticks were silver plastic, but they're white. If I didn't have such sensitive eyes I would absolutely love this stuff.

on 4/6/2017 11:03:00 PM

This product is so bad I can't imagine how it could be much worse. I was shocked that it had a three lipstick rating. I buy a lot of makeup and I have never bought makeup and felt like I was duped or tricked until Boom. Even the worse drug store product is better than this stuff. All three sticks were so wet with olive oil they were unless. Calling it greasy is unfair to grease. This stuff is oily and wet and slides off the face. The cool red tone looks good on nobody and is far from a universal color. They lie in their advertisements and use celebrities names without permission. Beware of good reviews because these people lie and cheat in their advertising. The packaging is really cheap and ugly- not that it matters with the product being such a complete loss. This product is junk. It doesn't get any worse than this stuff. Do your research.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally, with this product line I found a skincare and complimentary, natural makeup line combined that compliments and also soothes my sensitive and paraben allergic skin. I purchased the complete line and I am thrilled! I found additional uses, as well!

I found when I apply either the remaining bit of Cotton or Skin product, from what is on my palms after applying to skin, to my freshly shampooed hair, the results are gorgeous, with hair that is non-frizz and with my soft, full natural curls. These are each lovely, we'll made, and safe ingredients products all around. I I'll purchase them again in the future.

Also, the Boomstick Color, Glimmer and Glow product tubes are great sizes, and excellent design. Excellent for travel. It would be awesome for smaller TRAVEL similar sizes (tube, pot, etc.) for the other four products. Hint, hint. ;)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wanted to love Cindy Joseph's products but have to admit I was pretty disappointed. First off, the packaging is very cheap. Just getting these sticks to close properly takes work. The flimsy plastic would be bad enough but having to work so hard to get it to snap closed is downright irritating. If you don't close it properly, the product will dry out and be useless. The second issue I have with this color stick is that it's actually too large to apply nicely to the lips. You can't follow the shape of your lips at all. It gives the lips a thin swipe of color that's very sheer. It has zero staying power. It's not buildable either so you can't work with it to get a look you want. Frankly, if chapstick had color it would be 10x better than what you get with this product. I'm sorry to have to give this such a poor review. Ido think there is a need for make up for older skin and make up needs but this does not fill that void.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product! Read through some other reviews and its almost as though we are talking about two different products. I have no problem closing the tube, just swivel it down, put cap on and click it on a hard surface... not a big deal. I use this as my "go to" when I'm in a real hurry.... swipe in on upper cheek bones (yes, it goes on darker than I would want anyone to see me..but it fades to a natural look in just a few minutes) - put excess from fingers across upper forehead (thought this was 'dumb' when I first saw her directions), but it works... just makes a nice glow up there.... and on my lips... I'm WAY too old for big bold really red lipstick... and this is perfect... yeah, it doesn't last that long, but neither do most regular lipsticks I use either... -- and a swipe on my eyelids...again, this is not my full fledged makeup routine.... its the "oh lordy, I need to run out to the stores and I don't have time to do a real makeup routine" - this makes me look pretty good... again, I really like this product. I will be ordering another really soon because I want one to carry and one to have at home.