Boom! by Cindy Joseph- Boomstick Color

Boom! by Cindy Joseph- Boomstick Color
Boom! by Cindy Joseph- Boomstick ColorBoom! by Cindy Joseph- Boomstick Color

3.0

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Acrylates/Stearyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Canola Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Polyethylene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ozokerite, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tridecyl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vanillin, Neopentyl Glycol/Dicaprylate Dicaprate, (May Contain): Mica (77019), Titanium Dioxide , Iron Oxides , Bismuth Oxychloride , Carmine , Manganese Violet , Blue 1 Lake , Orange 5 , Orange 5 Lake , Red 6 , Red 7 Lake , Red 21 , Red 21 Lake , Red 22 Lake , Red 27 , Red 27 Lake , Red 28 Lake , Red 30 Lake , Red 33 Lake , Red 36 , Red 40 Lake , Yellow 5 Lake , Yellow 6 Lake , Yellow 10 Lake

on 2/17/2017 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Well, I just got my broomstick color in the mail and I couldn't wait to use it. I was a little surprised by the color, I was
told this was a bronzer so the burgundy threw me off.

Basically this product is not for the 55 and over crowd, don't be fooled. It is very greasy and if you are in menopause, that's the last thing you want. Being greasy and sweaty is not attractive. I am also black with medium to dark skin toned. this is not for my skin tone either. as a blush it is too dark and greasy, it looks awful on my forehead, just greasy and for my lips it's ok but not practical to use because of it's shape.

For the price and use of this product, you can certainly do a lot better. I won't repurchase. If this lady were smart, she would have included samples of the others. I read that the glimmer is good, but I refuse to spend another $27 (plus an outrageous $8.35 for shipping) to try it. Not worth the risk.

on 12/15/2016 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this product along with the Boomstick glimmer everyday for the past 6 months and I love it! Really makes my features pop from looking plain to great. I use it as Cindy Joseph recommends. I don't find the product greasy at all. I like using it after moisturizing my dry skin in the morning. Great using without makeup or using after a Bb cream.

I love this product! It is easy to apply. It gives just enough color for a polished look in under 5 minutes. My skin is dry so I have not experienced the oiliness others have talked about. I love just the flush of color. It looks very natural. I am glad it doesn't have any artificial scent as I have very sensitive skin so it would cause a reaction. I keep a set in my travel kit as it is easy to apply and you can do it in the airplane without tying up the bathroom!

The Glowstick is a great moisturizer for the face, around the eyes and even the cuticles of your hands. I enjoy the light shimmer of the Gimmer stick on the eyelids and upper cheeks, The Color stick works on everyone I think. I get more compliments on how good I look wearing Boomsilk than I do with full face make up!

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Adds healthy looking flush to skin - as Cindy advises, at the hairline, sides of neck, as a blush, and (my favorite) as lip color. My skin is very reactive and I was afraid the color was too red, but it calms down and imparts a lovely flush.

It isn't for everyone: if you're someone who cannot imagine going out without foundation/setting powder/etc. etc. this is not for you. But for minimalists like me who want something to help me look healthy, this and Boomstick Glimmer are great finds.

Not cheap, but not bad when you consider the cost of other brands of dual lip color/blush.

on 7/11/2016 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My women's club decided to test different makeup and moisturizers for fun. Most of us are over 45. Of the 19 products we tested, BOOM products came in dead last. Comments: Greasy, expensive, smelly. I personally smelled like a "fry cook" from the excessive "organic" olive oil in the products I tested. So Who came in FIRST and SECOND? Some Burt's Bees and Andalou products- reasonable prices and soft skin!!

on 7/8/2016 3:59:00 PM

This is a great product for this 62 yr old who usually doesn't wear makeup. It adds a nice color to my face. I've been using it for about 6 months and I love it.

on 6/19/2016 11:39:00 AM

I feel like I've been had. Everything about this product is greasy. I ordered the Boom Cotton, because the product boasts to be non greasy. Well, it was. I used it at night and woke up in the morning with greasy hair and pillow case.

The Color stick is great for a lip stick, but on the cheeks doesn't last the morning.

WIth the Glow stick, I"m still not quite sure what that does.

And finally, the Glimmer stick. To apply this to the eyes puts to much of a pull on the eyelid.

The product has a great marketing scheme to target the vanity of aging woman. It is over priced and I feel like this impulse buy has the greatest buyers remorse I've ever experienced. Sorry Cindy Joseph. Your excitement about your product is unwarranted.

on 6/2/2016 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HAD to try this!! Love the idea of makeup for my age group (I'm same age as Cindy) However the Love affair ends there. The makeup is in a very cheap container and very small. Especially considering. the price.

My first review of this was not good so I am editing it. Despite my initial reaction to this makeup I am wearing it alot!! I like the finish and the glow it gives my skin. I wear it over my foundation.

on 5/18/2016 4:18:00 PM

I got the trio, plus Boomsilk. Ix-nay on Boomsilk--it is way too heavy and greasy for my facial skin. I got awful milia from it. I used it on my feet instead.

Trio:

Boomstick Glo--same product as Boomsilk but in a stick. Since Boomsilk isn't suitable for my facial skin, I ended up using it as lip balm. The stick is too wide for my lips so I dab it on with a finger, which isn't very hygienic. It's quite expensive for a lip balm.

Boomstick Glimmer--I actually like this and use it on my eyes, top of cheekbones and collarbones. If you don't use much you get a nice subtle pearlescent glow.

Boomstick Color--I don't think there is any such thing as a universally flattering lip and cheek color. That burgundy/wine color just isn't for me. I think it probably looks best on people who are "winters". On me it is too dark, and the idea of using it by the eyes makes me shake my head. When I tried it I looked like I had eczema. If this came in a rose color, I would think about giving it a try, but that current color isn't a good one on me. Someone wrote in another review on MUA that Burt's Bees Raisin (or was it Fig?) is very similar to Boomstick Color, easier to apply to lips because the size of the tube, and it's cheaper. I have to agree!

I like the idea of these, because I am a real minimalist about makeup, but the only one that I would repurchase is Boomstick Glimmer.

on 4/27/2016 7:35:00 PM

I got the Boomstick color and the Boomstick glimmer. The reddish color of the color stick is very nice on me. I don't find it greasy like other people have mentioned but I am in my late 40's and my skin is getting dry. I don't use it as often as I thought I would however . I find the color fades relatively quickly through the course of a day. The wide applicator is not ideal for putting the product on your lips (sometimes I use a finger) and it isn't that flattering on my eyes. It's definitely nice for travel and for days when you want to look natural. I am a bit on the fence about buying it again.

Some of the reviewers think this product is expensive but I recently got a color stick from an Organic skin care company that was $35, even more expensive.