Boom! by Cindy Joseph- Boomstick Color

Boom! by Cindy Joseph- Boomstick Color
Boom! by Cindy Joseph- Boomstick ColorBoom! by Cindy Joseph- Boomstick Color

3.1

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Acrylates/Stearyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Canola Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Polyethylene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ozokerite, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tridecyl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vanillin, Neopentyl Glycol/Dicaprylate Dicaprate, (May Contain): Mica (77019), Titanium Dioxide , Iron Oxides , Bismuth Oxychloride , Carmine , Manganese Violet , Blue 1 Lake , Orange 5 , Orange 5 Lake , Red 6 , Red 7 Lake , Red 21 , Red 21 Lake , Red 22 Lake , Red 27 , Red 27 Lake , Red 28 Lake , Red 30 Lake , Red 33 Lake , Red 36 , Red 40 Lake , Yellow 5 Lake , Yellow 6 Lake , Yellow 10 Lake

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wanted to love Cindy Joseph's products but have to admit I was pretty disappointed. First off, the packaging is very cheap. Just getting these sticks to close properly takes work. The flimsy plastic would be bad enough but having to work so hard to get it to snap closed is downright irritating. If you don't close it properly, the product will dry out and be useless. The second issue I have with this color stick is that it's actually too large to apply nicely to the lips. You can't follow the shape of your lips at all. It gives the lips a thin swipe of color that's very sheer. It has zero staying power. It's not buildable either so you can't work with it to get a look you want. Frankly, if chapstick had color it would be 10x better than what you get with this product. I'm sorry to have to give this such a poor review. Ido think there is a need for make up for older skin and make up needs but this does not fill that void.

on 4/6/2017 11:03:00 PM

This product is so bad I can't imagine how it could be much worse. I was shocked that it had a three lipstick rating. I buy a lot of makeup and I have never bought makeup and felt like I was duped or tricked until Boom. Even the worse drug store product is better than this stuff. All three sticks were so wet with olive oil they were unless. Calling it greasy is unfair to grease. This stuff is oily and wet and slides off the face. The cool red tone looks good on nobody and is far from a universal color. They lie in their advertisements and use celebrities names without permission. Beware of good reviews because these people lie and cheat in their advertising. The packaging is really cheap and ugly- not that it matters with the product being such a complete loss. This product is junk. It doesn't get any worse than this stuff. Do your research.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally, with this product line I found a skincare and complimentary, natural makeup line combined that compliments and also soothes my sensitive and paraben allergic skin. I purchased the complete line and I am thrilled! I found additional uses, as well!

I found when I apply either the remaining bit of Cotton or Skin product, from what is on my palms after applying to skin, to my freshly shampooed hair, the results are gorgeous, with hair that is non-frizz and with my soft, full natural curls. These are each lovely, we'll made, and safe ingredients products all around. I I'll purchase them again in the future.

Also, the Boomstick Color, Glimmer and Glow product tubes are great sizes, and excellent design. Excellent for travel. It would be awesome for smaller TRAVEL similar sizes (tube, pot, etc.) for the other four products. Hint, hint. ;)

I love these products by Cindy Joseph! As an older woman I have very dry skin and found the emollient blush to be perfect for me. I also use it as a lip gloss. Recently I have had a serious bout of illness and when I was better and able to use makeup again, I chose the Boom products because they were so easy to put on. I didn't expect it but I received several comments along the line of "I can tell you are feeling better because your color is good, Clare," I didn't want to explain that it was due to my new makeup. If I didn't wear Boom Color, I received no comments.
The price is a little high but for me a little bit of product goes a long way so I didn't mind paying more.
I look forward to trying more of these products when I have a chance to order them.

on 3/18/2017 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I've been using this for about a year, and find it so natural looking, simple and easy to use that I will probably never go back to other blushes. While listed as blush here, it is meant to be treated more like a bronzer - applied to cheeks, forehead, jawline, lips and upper eyelids...wherever the sun would touch. The color is sheer, so I carry it with me and can touch up at any time.

on 2/17/2017 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Well, I just got my broomstick color in the mail and I couldn't wait to use it. I was a little surprised by the color, I was
told this was a bronzer so the burgundy threw me off.

Basically this product is not for the 55 and over crowd, don't be fooled. It is very greasy and if you are in menopause, that's the last thing you want. Being greasy and sweaty is not attractive. I am also black with medium to dark skin toned. this is not for my skin tone either. as a blush it is too dark and greasy, it looks awful on my forehead, just greasy and for my lips it's ok but not practical to use because of it's shape.

For the price and use of this product, you can certainly do a lot better. I won't repurchase. If this lady were smart, she would have included samples of the others. I read that the glimmer is good, but I refuse to spend another $27 (plus an outrageous $8.35 for shipping) to try it. Not worth the risk.

on 12/15/2016 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this product along with the Boomstick glimmer everyday for the past 6 months and I love it! Really makes my features pop from looking plain to great. I use it as Cindy Joseph recommends. I don't find the product greasy at all. I like using it after moisturizing my dry skin in the morning. Great using without makeup or using after a Bb cream.

I love this product! It is easy to apply. It gives just enough color for a polished look in under 5 minutes. My skin is dry so I have not experienced the oiliness others have talked about. I love just the flush of color. It looks very natural. I am glad it doesn't have any artificial scent as I have very sensitive skin so it would cause a reaction. I keep a set in my travel kit as it is easy to apply and you can do it in the airplane without tying up the bathroom!

The Glowstick is a great moisturizer for the face, around the eyes and even the cuticles of your hands. I enjoy the light shimmer of the Gimmer stick on the eyelids and upper cheeks, The Color stick works on everyone I think. I get more compliments on how good I look wearing Boomsilk than I do with full face make up!

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Adds healthy looking flush to skin - as Cindy advises, at the hairline, sides of neck, as a blush, and (my favorite) as lip color. My skin is very reactive and I was afraid the color was too red, but it calms down and imparts a lovely flush.

It isn't for everyone: if you're someone who cannot imagine going out without foundation/setting powder/etc. etc. this is not for you. But for minimalists like me who want something to help me look healthy, this and Boomstick Glimmer are great finds.

Not cheap, but not bad when you consider the cost of other brands of dual lip color/blush.

on 7/11/2016 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My women's club decided to test different makeup and moisturizers for fun. Most of us are over 45. Of the 19 products we tested, BOOM products came in dead last. Comments: Greasy, expensive, smelly. I personally smelled like a "fry cook" from the excessive "organic" olive oil in the products I tested. So Who came in FIRST and SECOND? Some Burt's Bees and Andalou products- reasonable prices and soft skin!!