Boom! by Cindy Joseph- Boomstick Color

Boom! by Cindy Joseph- Boomstick Color
Boom! by Cindy Joseph- Boomstick ColorBoom! by Cindy Joseph- Boomstick Color

3.2

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Acrylates/Stearyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Octyldodecanol, Canola Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Polyethylene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ozokerite, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tridecyl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vanillin, Neopentyl Glycol/Dicaprylate Dicaprate, (May Contain): Mica (77019), Titanium Dioxide , Iron Oxides , Bismuth Oxychloride , Carmine , Manganese Violet , Blue 1 Lake , Orange 5 , Orange 5 Lake , Red 6 , Red 7 Lake , Red 21 , Red 21 Lake , Red 22 Lake , Red 27 , Red 27 Lake , Red 28 Lake , Red 30 Lake , Red 33 Lake , Red 36 , Red 40 Lake , Yellow 5 Lake , Yellow 6 Lake , Yellow 10 Lake

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

J'adore ce produit. Je suis d'un certain âge et j'ai essayé plusieurs produits (foundation). Je détestais l'effet. Mes rides paraissaient plus évidentes et j'avais l'air beaucoup plus vieille.
J'ai donc essayé Boom et j'ai l'air en santé et je me sens bien dans ma peau. Pour profiter de ce look nous devons faire des retouches au cour de la journée. Mais avec tous les autres produits nous devons faire aussi des retouches. Je recommande ce produit aux femmes de 50 ans et plus. Il est magnifique.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For me, someone who will be 57 in a few days, this is the best find ever. My husband was always commenting that the make-up I wore (Lancome, Pur, Benefit), it made me look older. He could see the pores (no matter what kind of primer I used) and how the make up sunk into my wrinkles. So I find BOOM and he said...you look different, like you just got home from the gym. I was sold then. Easy to apply, simple, quick, barely takes up space. No more clown look. This is my new brand. Plus I love the Boomsilk moisturizer. Try it on your flip flop feet, miraculous. This product makes me look younger, more natural plus my skin is not irritated. Easy peasy! Highly recommend!!

I like the philosophy behind the Boom! line (that aging can be embraced and women can still be beautiful and sexy), but the products are less than the business hype. The product is pricey, but it lasts so long that it ends up being a decent bargain. Boomstick Color is a chubby stick with a flat top that goes on a bit greasy; it's a sheer, dark wine color and can be blended in for a natural look. That look lasts about 40-minutes at best on my cheeks and about 40-seconds on my lips. The company addresses the staying power of Boomstick Color by stating if they put more pigment in, it would look "cosmetic... fake", and - I kid you not - "It is designed to be used three or four times a day." I've also noticed that Boom! blog comments tend to be overly glowing and sound like advertisements (as do a couple of reviews here on MA) and have discovered that many of the commenters have only 1 or 2 Disqus comments under their belts, and they are always just about Boom! Bottom line, it's not a bad product, but I think there is some misleading in advertising (I thought they were all made in HI, but just learned Boomstick Color and Boomstick Glimmer are made in NY) and producing a good product is taking a back seat to a successful business plan.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product! Read through some other reviews and its almost as though we are talking about two different products. I have no problem closing the tube, just swivel it down, put cap on and click it on a hard surface... not a big deal. I use this as my "go to" when I'm in a real hurry.... swipe in on upper cheek bones (yes, it goes on darker than I would want anyone to see me..but it fades to a natural look in just a few minutes) - put excess from fingers across upper forehead (thought this was 'dumb' when I first saw her directions), but it works... just makes a nice glow up there.... and on my lips... I'm WAY too old for big bold really red lipstick... and this is perfect... yeah, it doesn't last that long, but neither do most regular lipsticks I use either... -- and a swipe on my eyelids...again, this is not my full fledged makeup routine.... its the "oh lordy, I need to run out to the stores and I don't have time to do a real makeup routine" - this makes me look pretty good... again, I really like this product. I will be ordering another really soon because I want one to carry and one to have at home.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wanted to love Cindy Joseph's products but have to admit I was pretty disappointed. First off, the packaging is very cheap. Just getting these sticks to close properly takes work. The flimsy plastic would be bad enough but having to work so hard to get it to snap closed is downright irritating. If you don't close it properly, the product will dry out and be useless. The second issue I have with this color stick is that it's actually too large to apply nicely to the lips. You can't follow the shape of your lips at all. It gives the lips a thin swipe of color that's very sheer. It has zero staying power. It's not buildable either so you can't work with it to get a look you want. Frankly, if chapstick had color it would be 10x better than what you get with this product. I'm sorry to have to give this such a poor review. Ido think there is a need for make up for older skin and make up needs but this does not fill that void.

on 4/6/2017 11:03:00 PM

This product is so bad I can't imagine how it could be much worse. I was shocked that it had a three lipstick rating. I buy a lot of makeup and I have never bought makeup and felt like I was duped or tricked until Boom. Even the worse drug store product is better than this stuff. All three sticks were so wet with olive oil they were unless. Calling it greasy is unfair to grease. This stuff is oily and wet and slides off the face. The cool red tone looks good on nobody and is far from a universal color. They lie in their advertisements and use celebrities names without permission. Beware of good reviews because these people lie and cheat in their advertising. The packaging is really cheap and ugly- not that it matters with the product being such a complete loss. This product is junk. It doesn't get any worse than this stuff. Do your research.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally, with this product line I found a skincare and complimentary, natural makeup line combined that compliments and also soothes my sensitive and paraben allergic skin. I purchased the complete line and I am thrilled! I found additional uses, as well!

I found when I apply either the remaining bit of Cotton or Skin product, from what is on my palms after applying to skin, to my freshly shampooed hair, the results are gorgeous, with hair that is non-frizz and with my soft, full natural curls. These are each lovely, we'll made, and safe ingredients products all around. I I'll purchase them again in the future.

Also, the Boomstick Color, Glimmer and Glow product tubes are great sizes, and excellent design. Excellent for travel. It would be awesome for smaller TRAVEL similar sizes (tube, pot, etc.) for the other four products. Hint, hint. ;)

I love these products by Cindy Joseph! As an older woman I have very dry skin and found the emollient blush to be perfect for me. I also use it as a lip gloss. Recently I have had a serious bout of illness and when I was better and able to use makeup again, I chose the Boom products because they were so easy to put on. I didn't expect it but I received several comments along the line of "I can tell you are feeling better because your color is good, Clare," I didn't want to explain that it was due to my new makeup. If I didn't wear Boom Color, I received no comments.
The price is a little high but for me a little bit of product goes a long way so I didn't mind paying more.
I look forward to trying more of these products when I have a chance to order them.

on 3/18/2017 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been using this for about a year, and find it so natural looking, simple and easy to use that I will probably never go back to other blushes. While listed as blush here, it is meant to be treated more like a bronzer - applied to cheeks, forehead, jawline, lips and upper eyelids...wherever the sun would touch. The color is sheer, so I carry it with me and can touch up at any time.

on 2/17/2017 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Well, I just got my broomstick color in the mail and I couldn't wait to use it. I was a little surprised by the color, I was
told this was a bronzer so the burgundy threw me off.

Basically this product is not for the 55 and over crowd, don't be fooled. It is very greasy and if you are in menopause, that's the last thing you want. Being greasy and sweaty is not attractive. I am also black with medium to dark skin toned. this is not for my skin tone either. as a blush it is too dark and greasy, it looks awful on my forehead, just greasy and for my lips it's ok but not practical to use because of it's shape.

For the price and use of this product, you can certainly do a lot better. I won't repurchase. If this lady were smart, she would have included samples of the others. I read that the glimmer is good, but I refuse to spend another $27 (plus an outrageous $8.35 for shipping) to try it. Not worth the risk.

Popular Blush Products