Maybelline 24 Hour super stay

Maybelline 24 Hour super stay
24 Hour super stay24 Hour super stayMaybelline 24h liptintMaybeline SuperStay 24 hr color berry persistent

3.6

Lip color: Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-611/Dimethicone Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Lauroyl Lysine, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Propolysilsesquioxane, Alumina, Propylene Carbonate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Parfum/Fragrance, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Benzyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Paraffin, Tin Oxide, May Contain [ /-] Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 (CI 15850), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470) Moisturizer: Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ozokerite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum/Fragrance, May Contain [ /-] Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)

This is by far the worst lipstick I have ever used. I had high hopes after reading reviews and the 24 hour claim. I am glad I didn't waste much money on it. I applied just as directions state, first the lip color, then the balm. After sitting on my lips for a couple of minutes, the lipstick just caked in tiny balls all over my lips. Horrible stuff. Will never buy this again. VERY dissapointing for me.

on 12/13/2016 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. I am not a lipstick person, I think its so pretty, but I can't handle the high maintenance of it. I am a Carmex girl. So when I found this product I had to give it a try. I have loved every shade I've purchased, and even made an emergency run to the store to get a new one when I lost mine.

It stays on great, there have been times after a night out that I crashed without removing it and woke up with beautiful red lips. Just touch up with a little balm if your lips feel dry. I even use a dab of Carmex on the inner lip area to get that smooth feeling(addict!). But just a little, if you use a bunch all over the lip, it will pull the color out.

It dries super quick though, so you can't dink around getting it on. If it dries while you are still touching up it will get a little cakey. Just be quick about it and its fine though.

Comes off great with make up remover on a cotton ball or a make up remover cloth. Or if that's not handy, put on some Carmex and rub it in real good, then remove with a tissue.

I'm sold on this product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

What a complete and utter waste. For the record I love this TYPE of lipsticks. The super long wearing liquid lipsticks you have to seal with a balm or gloss. I use quite a few different brands of this type of product so I have plenty of products to compare it to. That being said this product is an epic fail
I purchased this in the color All Day Cherry and these were my observations:
1. The wand is too short. Much shorter than its competitors. Short enough that when applying it at different angles the handle/tube hits your face.
2. This product contains less actual product than some competitors.
3. The color is not very pigmented. It takes 3 applications to get an opaque color.
4. Applying 3 layers of said sheer color is asking for disaster.
5. The product takes FOREVER to dry compared to competitors.
6. There is a noticeable fruity scent to it..... not a fan.
7. Crumbles. Flakes. Balls up. Wears off within 3-4 hours.
I really have nothing good to say about this product. It was all around disappointing. Save your money and spend $2 more for its competitors. They perform better.

The only reason I wouldn't buy this product again is because I don't like any of the colours in the range and I am super-picky about what colours I like. I really split hairs on minor differences. My Mum let me use hers as she bought a colour too light for her. I don't know what colour it was called but she said it was the lightest Maybelline one they had. It definitely stayed all day on my hand and was difficult to wash off. On my lips though (which is the case with all of these types of products, no matter what brand) it stayed on much better than most normal lipsticks, and would have stayed all day if I hadn't eaten or drank anything. But depending on what you eat and drink and how, I guess, this can wear off after eating, though not completely and not every time. In my experience. I would buy it again if they had the perfect colour for me. The colour Mum let me borrow had a bit of sparkle in it, and I hate sparkle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a real fan of this lipstick. It stays on all day. After a meal I do a touchup if I need to go to a client..
The colour I use is red. I would like anouther shade of red and have tried oter types of lip stick.
All I have tried ar gone in a few hours.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

so many muaers love this. we are testing and will remove this in a second

on 8/31/2016 10:56:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I like the long-lasting lip colours and the Maybelline range is pretty good.

I like the handy fact that the lip colour and the balm are both together rather than separates like Lipfinity. I have 125 Natural Flush, a nice gentle nude/pink-ish/brown, and 510 Red Passion, a bright, yet light, red. The colour doesn't last as long as Lipfinity, but I can still get a decent 3-4 hours out of it.

on 8/20/2016 10:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So I bought this in Constantly Cabernet, shade 065. Let me start off by saying I absolutely ADORE this shade.
I wore it to a friends wedding and received compliments from just about everyone. Hot, stunning, amazing, are just a few of the words they used referring to this colour.

Application is easy. It applies wet but quickly turns matte.
When you apply the actual colour, it's wet and you have to wait till that dries. If you press your lips together after this it's quite sticky, but the colour stays put. Then you apply the balm on top and it makes it smooth again and locks the colour in place.

What I found though is you have to have NO PRODUCT on your lips before application. No chapstick to sothe your lips. Or it won't stay.

Also make sure you coat your lips well, because once you apply the balm you cannot reapply without it slipping or smudging off.

Wait till it dries well before coating with the balm.

And most importantly, COAT with the balm EVERYWHERE that you have applied the colour, INCLUDING & ESPECIALLY THE CORNERS of your mouth. One tiny spot without balm and it'll flake off after a bit.

I did notice after 5hours it started getting dry and if I reapplied the balm it would just crumble off onto the balm. So no 24hour stay.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is the best lip stain I've found for staying power with no transfer. If I put on a thin layer and allow to dry fully there is no transfer at all (which is the main thing I want from lip colour).

It is very drying so I don't use it every day but the balm that comes with it makes it look and feel much better. It doesn't last 24 hours but I didn't believe it would anyway. On me it flakes away towards the inside of my lips (after a few hours or a meal). This wouldn't bother me if I could reapply another layer but if you do it flakes and transfers and just generally looks bad.

I will continue to buy this until I find something as good long lastinv but I'm definitely still looking for the perfect lip stain (or lipstick sealer).

on 3/16/2016 11:37:00 AM

I bought this in Very Cranberry. I will start by saying I LOVE the color. The texture was fine when I put it on, I didn't have the trouble some people had with flaking. With the gloss over it, it looked great. My disappointment is that it didn't last all day. Or even close to all day for me. Maybe a couple hours. So considering that was the differentiation point for this product, that was pretty disappointing. If I was buying a lipstick that I planned to reapply all day, I would be totally happy with this one because again, love the color! But it is definitely not a "24 hour color"

Update - I kept using this product and I paid attention to the other reviews and put it on thicker and with zero product on my lips and gave it ample time to dry. And now it lasts me through pretty much the whole work day, including a lunch time run, with only balm touch ups required. So I upped my overall rating to 4 lipsticks and would repurchase. I guess you just have to know the trick to using it!

Popular Lipsticks