Maybelline 24 Hour super stay

Maybelline 24 Hour super stay
image 1image 2image 3image 4

3.6

Lip color: Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-611/Dimethicone Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Lauroyl Lysine, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Propolysilsesquioxane, Alumina, Propylene Carbonate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Parfum/Fragrance, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Benzyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Paraffin, Tin Oxide, May Contain [ /-] Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 (CI 15850), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470) Moisturizer: Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ozokerite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum/Fragrance, May Contain [ /-] Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is the best lip stain I've found for staying power with no transfer. If I put on a thin layer and allow to dry fully there is no transfer at all (which is the main thing I want from lip colour).

It is very drying so I don't use it every day but the balm that comes with it makes it look and feel much better. It doesn't last 24 hours but I didn't believe it would anyway. On me it flakes away towards the inside of my lips (after a few hours or a meal). This wouldn't bother me if I could reapply another layer but if you do it flakes and transfers and just generally looks bad.

I will continue to buy this until I find something as good long lastinv but I'm definitely still looking for the perfect lip stain (or lipstick sealer).

on 3/16/2016 11:37:00 AM

I bought this in Very Cranberry. I will start by saying I LOVE the color. The texture was fine when I put it on, I didn't have the trouble some people had with flaking. With the gloss over it, it looked great. My disappointment is that it didn't last all day. Or even close to all day for me. Maybe a couple hours. So considering that was the differentiation point for this product, that was pretty disappointing. If I was buying a lipstick that I planned to reapply all day, I would be totally happy with this one because again, love the color! But it is definitely not a "24 hour color"

Update - I kept using this product and I paid attention to the other reviews and put it on thicker and with zero product on my lips and gave it ample time to dry. And now it lasts me through pretty much the whole work day, including a lunch time run, with only balm touch ups required. So I upped my overall rating to 4 lipsticks and would repurchase. I guess you just have to know the trick to using it!

To Read all 204 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have used this lip product for years. I believe the formula has been changed in the last few years because it is not as thick as it used to be. It can get thick if you apply too much or apply more than one coat of color and then it will pill up and flake but if you use a very thin coat and let it dry for about a full minute before topping it with the balm/gloss part it will wear very nicely.

The one thing I do have to point out is that different colors wear differently. I use Perpetual Plum and Won't Move Mauve, and as long as I apply a thin coat and do not apply more then one layer of color it lasts all day with only needing to reapply the balm part every few hours. But when I tried Unlimited Raisin and Berry Persistent I just could not get them on evenly and then they flaked and wore off patchy and dry looking even with the balm on top.

I have very dry lips and this color can make them even drier if I use too much of the color part and do not keep applying the balm part throughout the day. So using the included balm or another lip balm or gloss is necessary if your lips are dry. I have used other lip glosses on top like Rimmel Stay Glossy and this wore that same as if I had used the included balm. As long as the top coat is not oily it should not take the color off or make it bleed or flake.

If you are looking for a long wearing product and do not mind taking your time and applying it thinly and then letting it dry down for a minute this could be a great lip color for you.

This lipstick is perfect to me. I hate gloss - this actually goes on wet and quickly dries matte (so many products like this call themselves lipsticks and really they're glosses and never dry). The colors are heavily pigmented and they LAST. I swatched my friend's color on my hand and three days later it was still there, having withstood showers, dishwashing, handwashing etc. On the lips they last all day too - I can brush my teeth, eat, drink, sleep, drink from a water fountain, wipe my mouth, and kiss, and the lipstick is still there. I have two colors (timeless toffee and constantly cabernet) and they are both beautiful, heavily pigmented and long lasting. The ligher color (timeless toffee) lasts slightly longer than the darker one, probably because darker colors just show their fade faster. Timeless toffee has actually become a MLBB shade for me. The balm on the other end is good too, I put it on a couple of minutes after applying the color and it makes my lips look shiny and feel moisturized, but feels nothing like gloss and there's nothing sticky about it. Since I have a light brown color and a dark purple color, I'll be going for a red or a pink next. I fully intend to buy more colors and will replace the ones I have if I run out.

on 2/8/2016 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This to me is the perfect long wear "I don't have time to check on my lipstick every 15 minutes today" lipstick. Not once have it applied patchy, been problematic to apply in any way, or flaked. You need to really let the lipstick dry before you go over it with the balm though, I think that might be where some people go wrong with it. I had it in "Red passion", which really is a statement red, and "Plum seduction" which is a nice purple-ish pink. I just recently bought the "Rose dust" which is a gorgeous "my lips but better" shade, and both the packaging and the formula seems to have been changed a bit since I bought the initial two. This one I think is even longer wearing! I've only swatched it once and wore it out for a couple of hours once, but judging from how hard I had to work to get it off, I'd say it was gonna stay on for a long, long time. (I didn't have any oil based makeup remover available, I think I would've struggled less with getting it off with that.) Another difference was that I didn't need to re-apply the balm as much. I feel like I mostly needed it to lock the lipstick/stain in, and then if I wanted to reapply for shine. With the older formula, my lips would feel dry and in need of reapplying the balm after a while, but with this new one I could've easily skipped reapplying the balm and had a matte lip if I wanted.

A very good budget buy for the days you want to look fab with as little effort as possible! Also my go to lipstick when I'm going out, since it requires so little care. It also eliminates any lipstick disaster in the making once you've had a little bit (too much) to drink..

on 1/20/2016 3:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This lip stain STAYS ON!!! The pigment holds up through drinking, eating, kissing...EVERYTHING I do with my lips.
I've awakened after a night out with still pretty color on my mouth.

on 11/29/2015 8:44:00 PM

This stuff is a new HG product for me. I have embraced the red lip craze, but hate how my lipstick with feather, bleed, and migrate EVERYWHERE, turn everything red, and quickly disappear. Even with a great lipliner, blotting and dabbing like crazy, it never fails, my lipstick is gone and smeared quickly. I read about this stuff, read how to apply, and decided to give it a shot. I bought this in All Day Cherry, a great true blue-red.

When applying, make sure your lips are exfoliated and free from any other product. Try to stretch them out as flat as you can while applying. Like the outer edge of your lip first, and fill in. Then wait for it to dry (about 2 minutes). The drying part is the most critical. Don't purse your lips or move them around. Wait till the tacky sensation is over, then cover them with the balm. Done! You can eat, drink, whatever, all day, and have lipstick IN PLACE. It's unbelievable. If your lips feel dry, reapply the balm. Don't layer more color on, because then it will get flaky. If you want to put more color on, remove the color left on your lips first, and start over.

This stuff is incredible. I can eat and drink all day and still have perfectly red, amazing lips. LOVE THIS.

on 11/20/2015 10:37:00 PM

The bad reviews I've seen on this product I've noticed were mostly because of improper use. I used to wear this product ALL day with nearly no wear. Once you apply the color you must let it DRY COMPLETELY before applying the balm that coats the color and do NOT reapply, you don't even need to! I will say that if you reapply, you're screwed. Reapplying will cause the product to patch and flake off because it does dry to a more mattified finished after a bit of time.

on 10/12/2015 2:46:00 AM

I bought this product about 3 months ago in a darker vampy shade. When I first began to use it, the product applied nicely. I did have to apply a bit of a thicker layer of lipstick because a thin layer left it looking transparent. Now when I try to use the product it immediately turns to a patchy mess. No amount of lipstick can make the colour seem full and opaque. The brush removes any source of colour once I go over an area to try to apply more because of the patchiness. Product flakes off immediately at just the touch of my finger even after 20 minutes. The same thing happened with my other shades. Would not repurchase and I am certainly looking for a new brand to use.

on 9/3/2015 12:14:00 PM

I am allergic to many lip products, so was really glad to find this. It's the only lip product I've used for the last 5 years, and it lasts almost all day for me.
I would like to find a more matte brown-mauve color, since the one I like, "Constant Cocoa", has some frost/sparkle. I apply it at the beginning of my makeup routine and only use the balm at the end, letting the color dry/set completely. Often, I never even use the balm, since the stickiness stops after about 10 minutes or so for me.