Josie Maran Cosmetics Protect Daily Sun Protection Argan Oil infused Sunscreen

No Image

3.9

Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Hexadecene Copolymer, Decy Oeate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isopropyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Organic Argan Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Capryl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Camellia Sinesis Leaf Extract, Organic Aloe Barbadnesis (Aloe) Leaf Extract, Organic Chamomilla Recutina (Matricaria) Extract, Organic Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Oil, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Natural Fragrance (Apricot Oil).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I would recommend this more for dry skin types. I am oily and definitely won't be repurchasing. I wanted to find a more hydrating mineral sunscreen since my skin is dried out from topical skincare, but my oil production through out the day made this unwearable. This will not fully dry down on me...ever. The argan oil in it is what's causing that. If your skin fully absorbs argan, go for it. But if you're like me and it just sits on top of your skin - stay away. It's not a bad sunscreen by any means but that is a deal breaker.

For a mineral sunscreen this really has minimal whitecast. Any slight whitecast there is can easily be blended in. Also unique to it being mineral is the hydrating properties. Did I find it too greasy? Yes, but on the bright side it did in fact add moisture. I got some of the sunscreen on my chronically dry lips and felt them getting softer. Additionally my go-to foundation is quite matte and sometimes hard to apply. Having this sunscreen under it allowed the foundation to glide onto my skin much better.

Ive had so many tell me they could never wear the full recommended 1/4th tsp amount of this because it would feel "disgusting". If you can't wear the recommended "serving size"... it's not the right sunscreen for you. Move along. The consistency is medium-thick. Personally I found it super easy to blend so that posed no problems.

The price point really isn't as bad as some complain about. Yes it's expensive, but the size of the bottles are decent and sunscreen is the #1 preventative aging product. I can find cheap chemical exfoliators/cleansers/moisturizers but I'm not going to play around with UV damage.

I won't repurchase but again, I'd recommend this sunscreen to those with dry skin. YMMV.

on 1/19/2016 6:59:00 PM

I never ever go out without sunscreen and in my pursuit of trying to find more natural alternatives for my skin care I found this. It does go on white but it disappears quickly. I put it on and wait a bit before putting on foundation. I can even wear this in hot humid weather with no problems though I'm not sure if this would be the best choice for oily skin. My skin is normal to dry.

Two hours later, and this still hasn't sunk into my skin. I put it on my face, neck and chest and it's still sitting there. Makeup was near impossible to put on over it. If I had perfect skin and needed no covering up but just wanted a "glow" this would be ideal. Hence the 2 stars. It smells nice but feels like a heavy night time moisturizer. Not a daily screen for use under makeup.

on 2/3/2013 6:32:00 PM

This sunscreen made me break out really bad! I will use the rest of the bottle on my body, but I will not put this on my face again!

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I have really mixed feelings about this product. I love that it's low on the sketchy chemicals and has a high SPF, and while there are cheaper sunscreens out there, I don't think the price of this one is outrageous. However, I found it a little heavy/greasy (though I don't think it broke me out). But maybe I'll give it another shot now that my skin has started to shift to the dry side of combination rather than the oily side.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I purchased the trial size of this from Sephora for around $14 usd, based on the positive reviews here. I will be returning it as I found the melon scent overpowering and I didn't like the way it felt a bit greasy on my face.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this sunscreen last year for my preschooler son who has eczema. He's a darker complected little guy, and I noticed right away that this oil doesn't leave a grey cast on his skin like other chem-free stuff we've tried. I never used the stuff because it's an oil and I'm super oily and because I don't like the scent.

However, I grabbed this sunscreen out of the drawer last week and put it on under my makeup because I was in a hurry and it was the closest thing at hand. To my amazement, it didn't make the makeup slide off of me, even though I didn't use a primer. I noticed a little extra oiliness, but nothing more than I've had with other sunscreens meant for the face. No breakouts, either. I'm still not wild about the scent, but it doesn't last long. I've started using this product every day on my neck, and use foundation with SPF on my face. On weekends, though, this is what's going on my face under makeup. Will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've bought several of Josie's makeup products but with the exception of argan oil, this is the first time I've tried her skincare. Sephora has a set for $20 that comes with 0.5 z each of this sunscreen and the cleansing oil. I find the oil to be a little too oily for my combo/oily skin, but the sunscreen is fantastic. I've used Eucerin Daily Protection SPF 30 for a couple of years, but wanted to try something with higher SPF since I'm super super pale and very red. (Yes, I know the increase in protection after 30 is minuscule, but I don't care. Try being as pink-faced as I am and you'll take all the help you can get.) Also, even on my chalky skin Eucerin leaves a white cast. Amazingly, the Josie Maran does not leave any trace of white on my skin because it just absorbs immediately. Because this contains argan oil, I was hesitant to try it in case it was too oily, but it didn't break me out or feel like an oil slick even hours later. I know that $32.00 is a lot of money for 2 ounces, but I'm going to get the full size when I run out. It's so hard to even find a light moisturizer with an SPF that high that it's worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. I'm very picky about sunscreen, as my skin is very sensitive to all sorts of things: silicones, chemical sunscreens, mineral oil, parabens, you name it. I like that this product is hydrating in addition to providing me with sun protection, and the physical block is gentle on my skin. I wouldn't say I'm particularly oily, but I am prone to blemishes, and this is one of the few sun protection products I've tried that hasn't caused me any problems. I'm on my third bottle.
Speaking of bottles, it comes in a pump bottle made of tinted glass, which is a really great way of keeping the product from getting contaminated by water, light and bacteria. Thumbs up for the packaging.
It doesn't leave a white cast, nor does it grease me up. I have no trouble putting makeup on over it (and I don't have to worry about anything in my makeup messing with the sun protection factor, as I would with a chemical sunscreen).
I would highly recommend this.

on 2/7/2012 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have very high maintenance skin where my cheeks are super dry and super oily t zone. So I would always have to use two different moisturizers. I went to sephora and asked them for a moisturizer with spf and the lady recommended this product. I was skeptical about it might not be moisturizing enough for my cheeks. She told me to buy the travel size one, and try it out. Well I did and finish the whole bottle.... and went back to buy the regular size one. It was hydrating enough for my crazy dry cheeks and didn't make me break out. I'm on my 2nd bottle. I also like it bc of the ingredients. It has zinc oxide which is a physical sunscreen where instead of absorbing the light into your skin, this reflects off the light off of your skin. I tried to use chemical sunscreen on my face before and it would always sting my face where I had to go and wash it off right away. I felt as if my skin was getting burn. So love this product. Def continue to repurchase.