J. Lo Love and Glamour EDP

3.1

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I smell the fresh patchouli... but I actually smell like expensive, clean soap IT'S AMAZING!! I never thought patchouli could smell expensive and clean and wonderful, anyone would love this! I smell it and I'm like "wow I smell so pure... holy shiit! is that patchouli?!" Grace Kelly would wear this patchouli and she's not a dirty hippie!!

on 7/23/2013 12:48:00 PM

This is a pleasant fragrance, sweet, warm and feminine, but not something that I would rush out to buy again. I can smell an almost plastic kind of scent after a while and it is this that puts me off repurchasing. I can't smell any jasmine in it, which is good since I can't stand jasmine but I also can't smell many of the other notes listed with the exception of the amber.

The bottle is pretty (although not to my taste) but other than that this is mostly an unremarkable generic "celebrity" fragrance. I wouldn't buy it but if given to me as a gift then I would still wear it.

Description from the Fragrantica website: "Composition opens with notes of Italian mandarin, guava and nectarine pulp. A heart incorporates water lily, coconut orchid, orange blossom absolute and jasmine petals, while a base finishes with sandalwood, sensual musk and amber".

To Read all 8 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/28/2012 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I really like this a lot. Like the reviewer below me, I can't understand why others don't like this. It is so fresh, clean, citrusy and flowery at the same time. It's pretty strong on me and a little goes a long way. I'm older but I do love young scents so this fits the bill.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I think its pretty laughable how I'm the only one who likes this product. Idk what it is about this stuff but I enjoy it! And I get compliments everywhere I go: from several coworkers, random people when I'm out shopping, friends and family, it's been a big hit so far!
I got it for Christmas and I'm almost half-way through the bottle. I use it almost daily, and I ADORE the packaging of the woman's figure. It's very sexy and easy to hold when applying.
Now, I will admit... this perfume is very youthful and the scent pay-off isn't the best in the world (doesn't last all day in other words). But since I'm only 21, I feel like I can get away with a young, fruity & florally, nostril arousing scent. I make the argument that this perfume is better than any Victoria Secret perfume I've bought or tested for the same price.
I think for ladies in their teens and 20's it's appropriate and fun! Give it a try!

on 11/5/2011 2:37:00 AM

Yuck - sorry, this one disappoints. I can't rate the price except to say that it's wasted on me. The bottle came in a dual gift pack with a 5 inch bottle of Glow (which I bought it for). For $35 I feel that's an alright price for just the Glow in that size (I wanted that size exactly).

I tried this because I always think, how bad could it be? Yuck - the first notes and for a long time afterward all I could smell was a sour dishcloth masked over with bug spray. Now that it's been of for about 20 minutes it just smells like cheap, sharp smelling cologne, very remininscent of what you'd find in the regular drug store shelves or the type that I find Avon commonly puts out.

I will be giving this one away - maybe it will do better on some other skins.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

First off, the name "Love and Glamour" is totally not what the juice represents. This is NOT red-carpet at all! That's false advertisement and a waste of money! JLO knows she could have done better than this. It's a fresh, summery citrus with ZERO staying power. It's lighter than most body mists/splashes so why would this be called an EDP? Really? I bought it unsniffed at a discount chain so I didn't lose much money but I wanted something new and different for summer. Since I like Glow and Miami Glow, I thought this would fall along those lines but it was a BIG let down. It actually smells identical to Bath and Body Works Into The Wild which is a dupe of their Orange Sapphire. Oh well, I'll just use it for lazy Sundays lounging around the house when I need a light scent. I must say, I do LOVE how the bottle feels in my hand. It's a smooth glass silhouette of a curvy lady.

on 3/9/2011 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a lovely scent. Its floral without being fake smelling, and it lasts fairly well. However, it is one of those generic scents that usually come with the territory of celebrity scents. This one, like all the other celebrity fragrances, are designed to appeal to the masses, and if you're in doubt, I recommend this one. It's one of those ones that appeals to everyone, so you won't have anyone walking past you saying "ew I hate her perfume" but it doesn't have a wow factor either.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

LOVE AND GLAMOUR is pure sweet citrus for the first five minutes or so: I can't pick out the mandarin, guava or nectarine, it's all one long sweet-but-fresh note. Sometimes I can catch a hint of coconut water, but it's very mild and comes and goes.

The jasmine is sheer and is almost hidden by the lingering citrus. In fact ALL of the florals appear underdeveloped in this fragrance, so the only other floral I can place with any certainty is the orange blossom. Sometimes when I wear this I think I can make out a hint of waterlily, but I can't be sure that I'm just imagining it because I know that it's meant to be there.

The base is a big letdown for me; The sandalwood is so strong that it completely drowns out everything else, except for a breeze of musk. Jennifer Lopez has said in the press that she asked for more sandalwood to be added to make the fragrance sexier, but I don't find it sexy at all - it makes everything flat and one dimensional.

Official scent notes: Italian mandarin, guava, nectarine pulp, water lily, coconut, orchid, orange blossom absolute, jasmine petals, sandalwood, sensual musk and amber.

There's nothing that I dislike this fragrance and will continue to use my bottle as it was a gift, but it's not something I'd buy for myself, as it is just like every other generic fragrance out there.

I think that if you enjoy Jennifer's Glow fragrance you'll like this too, as the soft florals and skin musk are similar to it; it seems very clean, almost soapy to me, rather then the Hollywood glam image the makers were hoping for. If you're looking for a gift for someone who wears any of the other Jennifer Lopez perfumes this would be a safe choice. It's too mild to be disagreeable and isn't something that smells 'young' or 'old'.

Popular Fragrances