Sally Hansen salon effects

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Sally Hansen salon effects

3.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've seen so many people rave about this product in real life and on youtube. I just CANNOT use them! They fit awkwardly on some of my nails, and sometimes the strips aren't sticky. These strips DO smell like nail polish so it's obvious that they ARE REAL nail polish, but other than that, I don't really see the significance of this product. Some people love it and some hate it, so I recommend just trying so you can see for yourself

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to love these, unfortunately, I did not! Target's having a huge clearance sale on the Avril Lavigne designs and with the $1 off coupons on Coupons.com, they were $3.98 each. Thinking that I was going to love them, I picked up 7 different designs. As soon as I got home, I opened up Crowd Surfer, and I applied them as instructed and put on Seche Vite top coat to seal it. It looked awesome, but within a few hours, the polish started lifting at my cuticles and whenever I would pull my hair back, my hair would get caught in the middle and snag my hair. I removed the polish the same night and returned all of them the next day. I don't know if they were all bad, but Target doesn't have a good return policy and I wanted to make sure I got my money back. These suckers originally cost $10-12, I can't imagine paying that much.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I would buy these again ONLY if they were the opaque effects because for some reason, those are less...I guess "flimsy" is an appropriate word. When I tried the red and black plaid salon effects on my fingernails, I too had problems with the film misbehaving like saran wrap: wrinkling and peeling. The more I tried to smooth it out, the worse it looked.
I also purchased a limited edition Halloween version of the black skulls on white background. These films were thicker so they didnt fold and wrinkle like the the ones I put on my fingers. In fact, it took a bit of time but using manicure scissors, I cut these strips down to fit my toenails. Two weeks later and only one toe has shown any sign of wear around the edge.
Whether you are putting them on your toes or your fingers, they ARE kind of a pain to apply (no quick manicures here!) and the price should be half of what is charged.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

These sucked, in all honestly. I was looking for something to do my nails quickly, so I bought these, and was super surprised by how freakin expensive they are. And, they suck. I mean, I'm partially biased because my nails are really tiny and these nail strips are for people with bigger nails, and I don't mean my nails are short. They are long, they are just small, cause I have small hands. But even the application sucked. It was really hard to get the clear sticker off and put them on without bumps. It was sloppy, the product was cheap, and the price was too high. I will not be buying these again.

on 7/18/2011 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

They chip easily on me, are expensive, and i had some duds in my back (came out of the box with the adhesive dried out/ non sticky back). Not worth it.

on 7/15/2011 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

love these...enuff said... =)

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

I love these things! They wear really well and look pretty awesome, if you're into nail art.
My trick is to seal the edge of these after I apply them, with a acetone. I just dip a small brush in acetone and then run it around all the edges of the sticker. Not just the free edge but also around the cuticle and the sides. Don't over do it, because it can melt them, since they are made of polish.
You can only do this with the glitters and the designs though, not with the solid colors. If you try to do it with the solids it will melt the pigment right away.
Also I apply a slow drying top coat on top of these to make them extra shinny and extend the wear. I prefer Nail Tek II Intensive Therapy. I apply it right after I put these on and then every couple of days after that.
With this I've been able to wear these for over a week with very little signs of wear. I only change them because the outgrowth is too obvious, after 9 or so days. Haven't had them chip, just a little tip wear.
Also, if you have short nails and are careful you can cut each of these in half and use one pack for a full mani. Once you open a pack you have to use these within a day, because they dry up.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I tried these in the lace print. Application is really easy. So far I have had mine on for 6 days with minimal chipping. The only problem I have is that my nails are wide and some of the strips are not wide enough. So I have to fill in the ends of the nail with part of another strip. It still looks pretty good even though I had to do that. I think its a bit expensive for one use. They should have included enough for 2 uses. I would definitely repurchase again in the leopard and zebra print.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was so eager to try this I finally gave in and bought a box. I bought the lace effect since my store was all out of the zebra. Anyway, when I got home I looked up some youtube videos because I wanted to make sure I did it right. After watching a video I tried it myself and it was the easiest thing ever! I, like many other girls, cut my strips in half so I have enough for two times. They "glued" on perfectly and I have now been wearing them for 4 days and there's still no chips. I've received a lot of compliments and some even thought they were fake nails. I was very impressed and definitely wanna buy again.

**EDIT:
I tried using my left overs today and they did NOT work. I was so disappointed! :(( I guess the adhesive dried out. This definitely makes me dislike the price a lot more.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I wasn't sure about these because they look kind of tacky in the packaging and displays, but I purchased these at my local grocery store on sale for $5.99 in Bling It On and have to say I was impressed. They apply very easily and are not as tacky as I thought they would look. I love the glitter ones because good glitter nail polish is very hard to find. I've had many comments about how much people love my nail polish. I think if you cut them in half and have short nails you could definitely get two applications out of one packet. Pleasantly surprised on this one : ) will be trying other designs!

Popular Polishes