Sally Hansen salon effects

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Sally Hansen salon effects

3.8

on 7/9/2014 1:06:00 AM

I bought a few packs of these for friends & my sister as gift fillers this year because they looked so cute. On my way back from a road trip, I decided to treat myself to some for a change and bought the It Girl pink. FYI, I have good nails & followed all instructions to a T. They barely held on (the stick ons) & were very awkward to shape. The ones I managed to get on looked crinkled and like stickers. I'll try a patterned one in the future but defo not the matte colours! I ruined my manicure for nothing.

on 1/5/2014 7:04:00 PM

I nearly just had a fit trying to apply the "French Mani" version of these. I have tried a few other patterns which actually did last about a week each and looked great. The French ones however, did not live up to my expectations. I just spent about an hour trying to apply these and they are uneven and fit my nails awkwardly. I feel like for 10.99 CAD I could have spent the same and gotten numerous applications of white and nude colour polishes and done a better job myself. Also, I ended up with an obsene amount of garbage at the end- definitely do not recommend if you have small children or pets around because the pieces of garbage are small and easy to miss while cleaning up.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love these. I use them on my toenails and they last until they grow out. My toes are small and I keep the nails pretty short, so I can often use the same strip for, say, both big toes, both little toes...you get the picture. The easiest way to get them down to the right length is to apply the polish-sticker to your toe and then use nail scissors to cut right around the end of your toenail, and just file the little bit that's left. Also, I just a glass file and not the paper one that comes with the kit.

on 4/11/2013 11:04:00 PM

I LOVE THESE! I always pick at my nails and nail polish doesnt last very long on my nails. I swim lots and the chlorine usually ruins it. I have gotten them in girl flower, cut it out, and teal with it, but I really want to try blue jeans. They last so long, and because I love the patterns so much i don't pick at them! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these and will definitely repurchase them again and again

on 2/23/2013 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I want to start off by saying that I think this product is a bit overpriced. I got it as a gift and was glad that I did, because I was always curious but didn't want to shell out 10 bucks+ to buy it myself. I found the process fairly easy to get used to after the first couple nails. I was very meticulous in making sure that each nail polish sticky was completely flat with the stick before filing off the excess. I didn't even think to cut them in half (but I will definitely be doing that next time!) for two manicures instead of just one. I have long nail beds, and most of the stickies were just about the right size for my nails. For the ones that were a bit too big, I used the cuticle stick that came with it to carefully cut off the excess parts around the side of my nail that touched my skin. I then added three coats of clear top coat to set it. My SIL suggested I wait at least an hour before touching anything, and after a few minutes of being semi-careless, I understood why. I now have a few spots on the very tips of my nails where it rubbed off. It still looks really good though (and way better than I could ever do myself). Definitely not a product for perfectionists who can't deal with a few little creases or bumps. I would recommend this product to anyone who is awful at putting on nail polish like I am and is willing to spend 10 bucks or more on 1-2 manicures.

on 11/26/2012 2:31:00 PM

I'm on the fence with these. I decided to give them a try, but thought they were pretty pricey so I purchased a box on ebay for way cheaper than what they go for in store. It only took a nail or two to really get the hang of applying them. And the finished product was actually pretty cute. I got the houndstooth pattern because I'm an Alabama fan. I put them on my toenails because I figured on my fingernails would be overkill. I could do more than one toe from one strip because the strips are so long, so I had a lot of leftovers. I put the leftovers back in their hard plastic package, then in the small bag they came in, then a ziploc bag. Today I pulled out the leftovers to do my toenails once again, and they're all dried out and unusable. I know it says they dry out once opened, but you would think in that much plastic, they would keep. If S.H. can find a way to keep these from drying out once opened (because let's face it, even if I had done all finger and toe nails, there would still be leftovers) then I'd probably buy them again. But until then, this won't be a repurchase. I'm really glad I didn't pay full price for these.

on 9/25/2012 12:10:00 AM

Love these strips!!
Piggy-backing on what others have said:
1) there is a learning curve. Follow the directions EXACTLY the first time to get a feel for them. THEN, put a topcoat on.
2) after you've got the hang of it, you can open 1 pack of the strips -8 in a pack- and cut some in half and get a full hand out of 1 pack. So, TWO manicures per box. Make sure you put the second pack in a Ziploc.
3) after you've got it down, a base coat is a must. Orly Bonder for me, but there's no room for error when you start placing a strip with Bonder. Bonder makes them STAY.

I love the fun designs. Especially the one that looks like denim. Really fun but not wild. I buy them at Five Below for $3 a box, so $1.50 per mani is a steal.

on 9/22/2012 4:38:00 PM

I saw this at wal-mart and decided to try them for my first day of school. I got the pink and brown plaid. they went on very easily and adhered well to my nail. it was a struggle to file the excess strip off of my nail. surprisingly, they did stay on my nails for quite a long time, with only minimal peeling. but the real struggle was when i wanted to remove them after a week. The packiging says "removes easily with nail polish remover." what a joke. It took me five to ten minutes of intense scrubbing to remove the sticker from my thumb. i spent over an hour removing the stickers.
Overall, this is a nice product, and is worth your money if you don't plan on removing it. I, for one, will not be buying this product again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've tried three different 'shades' in the Salon Effects line, and I have to say I really like them! They're easy to apply and last until I take them off. The first ones I tried, I literally wore for two weeks, and I only took it off because I got bored with it. I'm not easy with my nails either. My job requires that I wash my hands multiple times a day with anti-bacterial soap and use sanitizer, so my manicures usually don't last. The one downside I can think of is that it's about $10/pop for these babies. and while it's totally worth it if you need your polish to last and last (like going on vacation or something), I can't justify spending that kind of money every time I do my nails. I can spend even $8 on Essie or OPI and get countless manis out of one bottle, so these are a once in awhile treat for me.

I really liked this product: I got the pink sparkly one. I wanted it because I love sparkly nails but I have the way glitter polishes damage your nails and are so difficult to get off. However, I also got a broken nail way above the white part of the nail so I was looking for something to "hold" my nails together. This seems to be working well for me on that (combined with some nail glue). I love the way these look.
Anyway, this was my first time using it and my technique for application definitely needs some work. I think once you get the hang of it things will go better. Since this was the first time I has some immediate chipping on the ends and a few days out some near the cuticles (where I accidentally went over onto the cuticle with the strip). I am sure this would not have happened if I had used the cuticle stick to "seal" the strip onto my nail. I did not swipe my nails with NP remover immediately before applying because I had just removed nail polish before I cleaned up my cuticles and hadn't washed or added anything to my hands - so I did also skip that step. Overall, I am happy with the results but I think they are a little expensive since there's only one manicure per-box. To me, this does not compete with my own weekly DIY manicures and pedis at home - even with my expensive nail polish since cost per wear is less. But, for a novelty thing or a special occasion they're awesome. (Still cheaper than the salon.)