Sally Hansen salon effects

Sally Hansen salon effects

3.5

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Take note of these tips:
- Buy these on eBay! I got 5 packs for just $5 from an eBay seller.
- Cut the strips in half to get two manicures in one pack.

on 6/22/2011 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

it's a really cute concept/idea but it didn't work out for me quite like i hoped. i have naturally long nails but i just had a hard time getting them to fit properly from the base to the sides of my nails. then in some cases i smoothed it off the ends well but in some cases it was a little raggedy around the tips. i feel exposed nails cause breakage so i'm already thinking of taking this off tonight. only one of my nails look perfect. the others are pretty flawed in one form or another. i will say it might be user error. i spent 30-60 mins doing this. it wasn't as easy as i thought to apply. also they kind of snagged my natural hair the next morning when i was working in my hair.

on the positive side, i love the design i picked, the butterflies on white. i keep looking at my nails. i was thinking this might work better if someone else applied them to your nails. i suppose that defeats the do-it-yourself salon manicure premise but i do think it would help get them on better for me especially since i have long nails and fumbled around a bit. which also makes me think these might be better for someone with shorter nails although a couple of the pics posted are on long nail girls and they look nice.

basically regular polish is cheaper and not too cumbersome for me to apply so i'll probably just stick to plain nail polish in all the fabulous shades out there but i do want to find some cute butterflies because i love these on my nails.

Popular Polishes