Sally Hansen salon effects

Sally Hansen salon effects

3.1

on 9/10/2014 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Here's how I use these awesome polish strips: I put down a coat of Orly Bonder before applying and a top coat after. I love to use these as accent nails or tip with polish (try Kitty Kitty with a vampy red, or I Love Lacey with a black tip!). Also, I can use one set for a manicure and pedicure because I have small nails and cut them in half (or thirds for toes).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do like these a lot as a cheaper alternative to a salon gel manicure. I also love a lot of the nail art patterns these come in. The first time I tried applying them I got about 8 out of 10 nails looking perfect but with practice these became far easier to apply. The only disappointment I've had with these is with the design Tattoo Much, the application went on fine but the pattern looked far different on my nails then it did in the advertisement. Overall Id say these are a good choice for a fun and funky nail look. My best tip for application would be to really clean your nails thoroughly with a strong nail polish remover first to remove any dirt or moisture. The drier you nails are the better adhesion you will get. I've done this every time I've used these strips and have not had any problems with peeling, chipping or bubbling. My nails have looked perfect for a least a week to 10 days!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love these. I use them on my toenails and they last until they grow out. My toes are small and I keep the nails pretty short, so I can often use the same strip for, say, both big toes, both little toes...you get the picture. The easiest way to get them down to the right length is to apply the polish-sticker to your toe and then use nail scissors to cut right around the end of your toenail, and just file the little bit that's left. Also, I just a glass file and not the paper one that comes with the kit.

on 4/11/2013 11:04:00 PM

I LOVE THESE! I always pick at my nails and nail polish doesnt last very long on my nails. I swim lots and the chlorine usually ruins it. I have gotten them in girl flower, cut it out, and teal with it, but I really want to try blue jeans. They last so long, and because I love the patterns so much i don't pick at them! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these and will definitely repurchase them again and again

on 2/23/2013 7:00:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I want to start off by saying that I think this product is a bit overpriced. I got it as a gift and was glad that I did, because I was always curious but didn't want to shell out 10 bucks+ to buy it myself. I found the process fairly easy to get used to after the first couple nails. I was very meticulous in making sure that each nail polish sticky was completely flat with the stick before filing off the excess. I didn't even think to cut them in half (but I will definitely be doing that next time!) for two manicures instead of just one. I have long nail beds, and most of the stickies were just about the right size for my nails. For the ones that were a bit too big, I used the cuticle stick that came with it to carefully cut off the excess parts around the side of my nail that touched my skin. I then added three coats of clear top coat to set it. My SIL suggested I wait at least an hour before touching anything, and after a few minutes of being semi-careless, I understood why. I now have a few spots on the very tips of my nails where it rubbed off. It still looks really good though (and way better than I could ever do myself). Definitely not a product for perfectionists who can't deal with a few little creases or bumps. I would recommend this product to anyone who is awful at putting on nail polish like I am and is willing to spend 10 bucks or more on 1-2 manicures.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought the new French Mani kit. I keep my nails short, so I had a hard time putting on the tips without it looking pretty ridiculous, and the color strips hardly stick! I've used one of the regular kits before and didn't have that problem.

on 9/20/2012 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I like these polish strips a lot. I have a hard time getting anything to stay on my nails. Regular nailpolish (high or low end) usually lasts 1-2 days on me before I get a chip or two. I've even had acrylics and silk wraps pop off the same day they were applied. With some tweaking, I can keep these strips looking good for at least a week on my fingernails and a month on my toes!

The first time I used these, I followed the directions exactly. I had some lifting around the edges of my nails, which caused some chipping/peeling. When I apply them now, I only use half of them, because I have sort nails. I prep my nails by using a fine grit nail file to rough up the surface a bit, then I wipe each nail with np remover to remove the dust. I use regular scissors and start by cutting all of the stickers in half. Then I trim them around the sides to fit each sticker to each nail perfectly. Then I peel the backing off and stick them on, then remove the clear film. You have to make sure to rub the sticker over the entire nail and make sure it's completely adhered and flat. I then use a huge orange stick tool from Sallys to go around the tops of my nails and detach the excess sticker that is longer than my nail. I finish by using a glossy, fast drying top coat like Seche Vite.

Once you open these, they will dry out if you just put them back in the box. When I have some left over now, I seal them back up in their inner package using tape so I can use the extras later for accent nails. I think the price is slightly high, but can get several uses out of them, so that helps. Overall, I think they're fun and I like how long lasting they are. I will repurchase. I do wish they came in more solid colors, although I find the busy prints to be more forgiving (like if they're not cut perfectly).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These are a mixed bag, but I continue to buy them.

Pros:

-Last forever without chipping.
-"Cool" designs.
-Quick and easy to apply with no dry time (I have 4 kids so no dry time is huge for me!)
-Can do two people at once as long as you don't have dragon nails.

Cons:

-So hard to remove. You have to soak your nails in remover which is no bueno.
-Need some "classy" designs. A lot of them are punk or silly.
-Requires some practice to apply.
-Everyone will stop you to talk about them, which gets annoying.

Tips:

-Buff nails, esp. at the base. If you have any ridges near the base, the stickers won't adhere there and will catch your hair, etc.
-Really press down at the base and edges with the orange stick.
-Really do a final swipe with nail polish remover just before applying. A dot of grease will prevent adhering.
-Get a friend and use 1 pack for both of you. They are way too long and they give you 16 strips, so if you file off the excess carefully, you can get 20 nails out of 1 pack of 16 strips.
-Get a nail polish remover jar with the sponge inside to remove them.
-Apply regular top coat every other day to keep them looking nice.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

These stink. They chip, they look cheap on my nails...you can TELL they're fake. And that's NOT the goal. People will say "Oh they're SO CUTE!" Trust me. They are trying to not hurt your feelings.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Awful is what i got to say about these. I ahve tried them more than once hoping it would work for me and thinking it was me just not applying them correctly. But oh no these are just horrible. They look pretty but are a big huge pain to put on and they shredy bubble up they are just awful

Popular Polishes