Sally Hansen salon effects

Sally Hansen salon effects

3.7

on 10/29/2014 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Ok I LOVE these. I find I have to put clear nail polish on first then put the sticker down and file away they extra then seal them with clear polish. I find that the packages don't keep the unused strips very well. I only get one set of strips out of the box. Which at 10$ a box is a lot. HOWEVER, when I find them at Dollar Tree, I buy all of them! At a dollar a box it cant be beat. Look at dollar tree first!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to love these, unfortunately, I did not! Target's having a huge clearance sale on the Avril Lavigne designs and with the $1 off coupons on Coupons.com, they were $3.98 each. Thinking that I was going to love them, I picked up 7 different designs. As soon as I got home, I opened up Crowd Surfer, and I applied them as instructed and put on Seche Vite top coat to seal it. It looked awesome, but within a few hours, the polish started lifting at my cuticles and whenever I would pull my hair back, my hair would get caught in the middle and snag my hair. I removed the polish the same night and returned all of them the next day. I don't know if they were all bad, but Target doesn't have a good return policy and I wanted to make sure I got my money back. These suckers originally cost $10-12, I can't imagine paying that much.

on 7/12/2012 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great new way to glam up your nails. Here are my pros and cons:

PROS:
* lasts forever if you use a decent top coat (maybe base coat too?)
* No chipping for me - but I don't get chips with regular polish either
* great individual look (so many designs available)
* cut them in half to reduce number used (see my caution below)

CONS:
* REALLY hard to remove - use the sponge dip style remover
* people will ask you about them - be prepared for this
* for a great look, you have to be quite exact with application
* keep the unused ones in plastic wrap (see CAUTION below)

CAUTION: I cut some of the 'nails' in half intending to use them later. When I went back to wanting to use those, they would not stick! There's a reason why they're hermetically sealed. So use one of the two packages with a friend. Or try sealing tightly with plastic wrap, as maybe they don't like being exposed to air?

My PROS and CONS are pretty even. But I'm looking at this product as a pro, due to its uniqueness. Just remember that you have to take a fair bit of time to put these on and have them look good, in addition to needing a good amount of time when you want to take them off.

UPDATE - Feb. 8, 2013 : Lippies removed from 4 to 1, and I wish I could have given this product a big fat ZERO!

I am staying as far away from this product as I can, and suggest you do as well. The 'concept' is great, but until Sally Hansen (and other companies that now have this product out) find a way for you to remove these 'nail tapes' easily and gently, I will never use them again. My nails were very damaged from everything I had to do to get these 'nail tapes' off. I suffered with a number of ridges on my nails and my nails took a very long time for them to grow out to a point where there looked good with nothing on them. Be forewarned.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Take note of these tips:
- Buy these on eBay! I got 5 packs for just $5 from an eBay seller.
- Cut the strips in half to get two manicures in one pack.

on 9/27/2011 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Please - Sally Hansen - if you ever read this - DO NOT EVER DISCONTINUE THIS PRODUCT!

I am so absolutely in love with how quick these go on, the beautiful designs that are available, and how long they last! I can't get regular polish to stay on without a single chip for 2 weeks but this stuff with a topcoat, will stick around.

I make sure my nails and nailbed are completely cleaned before I put them on. . .then when I place them I hold them on for about 15 seconds and then flatten with the bamboo stick. They stay in place and cover the entire nail perfectly.

I just got the little skull and crossbones ones for Halloween and they're so much fun I couldn't help but put them on!

My only complaint is that they need to come in more colors.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

I love these things! They wear really well and look pretty awesome, if you're into nail art.
My trick is to seal the edge of these after I apply them, with a acetone. I just dip a small brush in acetone and then run it around all the edges of the sticker. Not just the free edge but also around the cuticle and the sides. Don't over do it, because it can melt them, since they are made of polish.
You can only do this with the glitters and the designs though, not with the solid colors. If you try to do it with the solids it will melt the pigment right away.
Also I apply a slow drying top coat on top of these to make them extra shinny and extend the wear. I prefer Nail Tek II Intensive Therapy. I apply it right after I put these on and then every couple of days after that.
With this I've been able to wear these for over a week with very little signs of wear. I only change them because the outgrowth is too obvious, after 9 or so days. Haven't had them chip, just a little tip wear.
Also, if you have short nails and are careful you can cut each of these in half and use one pack for a full mani. Once you open a pack you have to use these within a day, because they dry up.

on 3/5/2011 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE THESE!

First I must say YOU HAVE TO SWIPE YOUR NAILS WITH POLISH REMOVER BEFORE APPLYING!!! This is the most important step otherwise they will not stick. All of the oil (natural or not) has to be removed before applying them.

I bought the houndstooth pattern and am on day 11 of wearing these. I shower twice daily and do my regaular work around the house--dishes, laundry, etc., as well as washing my hands often at work. I'm really impressed with how long they've lasted. There is some wear now showing at the tips so I'll remove them soon but 11 days of wear is awesome!

I wish they were a little cheaper but they do save time.

Popular Polishes