Sally Hansen salon effects

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Sally Hansen salon effects

3.8

on 1/15/2015 3:26:00 AM

Love. These. They are adorable, perfect for doing nails in a hurry, no dry time, stay for almost 2 weeks, and they have so many choices.

on 8/27/2014 12:42:00 AM

I have been using the French Mani w/ light pink tint. They last 2 wks on me. They are shiny, easy to apply, & I've had compliments. I keep nails pretty sporty/short. And I apply a Shiny Top coat. Love

on 7/9/2014 1:06:00 AM

I bought a few packs of these for friends & my sister as gift fillers this year because they looked so cute. On my way back from a road trip, I decided to treat myself to some for a change and bought the It Girl pink. FYI, I have good nails & followed all instructions to a T. They barely held on (the stick ons) & were very awkward to shape. The ones I managed to get on looked crinkled and like stickers. I'll try a patterned one in the future but defo not the matte colours! I ruined my manicure for nothing.

on 10/29/2013 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for at least 2 years now and it has been great, it has lasted up to two weeks on my nails in the past even with working in a supermarket and using my hands a lot. I find it really easy to apply and I cut the strips in half so I can use the set twice rather than once.

I have always loved them but lately I have found some inconsistencies with it, for example, last week on Sunday night, I applied one set and it last right through until Friday which is with working full time (in Childcare so lots of use of the hands), no top coat, no repairs. Then on Saturday I decided would change it and bought another set, they lasted a day and a half, I had lost three nails worth of strips by the end of Sunday afternoon and this was when I was out shopping. this has happened to me a few times now. The designs with a white background seem to be the ones that don't last for me.

Never the less, I will probably try it a few more times, or at least until I run out of designs before I give up on them, they are good most of the time. One last thing, it would be great if they sold the designs without a file and a cuticle stick as if I am buying them in lots I don't need more than one of each item.

on 7/2/2013 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I was stoked to try this product, but quickly found it would be a waste. It was difficult to cut the strips to fit my nails. I ended up tearing off the nail strip on some, so I had to carefully try to attach the remaining part to the nails. For the ones I managed to get it on in one piece, it was a challenge for me. Afterwards, it looked cheap and made my nails look huge (used the white one so that was probably why). It did not look smooth, and was totally noticeable as a sticker, not smooth and shiny polish. Furthermore, I hated this product because it chipped right away. So I tried to attach the excess pieces from the leftover nail strips to press it on. I recommend buying quick dry nail polish and adding a cheap top coat. At least when it chips then, you can swipe color over it.

on 5/31/2013 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the French Mani strips for my high school graduation and they worked out really well! I had trouble getting the tips right at first, but once I got the hang of it it was a breeze. I've used Sally Hansen strips before and I find that the trick for me is to stretch the strip slightly over my nail before I lay it down. It helped it adhere better to my nails and get rid of any bubbles underneath. Otherwise I followed the instructions exactly. Another thing-- make sure you file your nails really well beforehand. The clear strips tend to emphasize the ridges. I applied two coats of my essie topcoat and so far it has lasted 8 days with no chips. I even played sports with them on for two days! Highly recommend these!!

I purchased the French Manicure today--my first go-round with nail polish strips of any kind. I found the French manicure to be finicky to apply simply because it's hard to properly position the white "tip" portion properly. BTW, the French mani is a two step process, after applying the white tip you then size up your nails and apply the clear layer. I found they were fairly stretchy and appreciate the application tips from other gals who suggested cutting them in half! What a great idea! I'll also apply a top coat as recommended. I wish they would provide more size options in the package, however. I'm a tall lady with larger hands and nails so the largest strip barely fits across my thumb and the smallest one is way too tiny for anything. Having said all that, I would buy nail strips again (on sale only--they're pretty expensive). Pretty cool idea!

on 11/13/2012 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I want to start out by saying, if you are a perfectionist, these are NOT for you. Like most things, these take a lot of practice. My mom applied them to my right hand for me, and I applied them to my left hand - we both had a difficult time. Some pros are that they have various colors and patterns to choose from, decent wearing time (a week, give or take), double-ended stickers, depending on whether or not your nail bed is more round or square, and it includes a nail file, and orangewood stick. Some cons, however, are that these are almost impossible to get completely straight on your nail. It took me 4-5 times trying to set this in place, and if you messed up, it could potentially rip, or go on incorrectly causing ripples or bubbles. Fortunately, even after ripping a few of these, they were long enough that I could salvage the other half with a little bit of tweaking. After an hour of hard work, they were finally done and I am satisfied with the results. From an arm's length away, they look great, but upon closer examination, you can clearly see minor tears, and small edges of my nails that were too wide for the nail stickers. I may repurchase these in the future, but they were too much of a hassle to fully enjoy.

on 9/22/2012 4:38:00 PM

I saw this at wal-mart and decided to try them for my first day of school. I got the pink and brown plaid. they went on very easily and adhered well to my nail. it was a struggle to file the excess strip off of my nail. surprisingly, they did stay on my nails for quite a long time, with only minimal peeling. but the real struggle was when i wanted to remove them after a week. The packiging says "removes easily with nail polish remover." what a joke. It took me five to ten minutes of intense scrubbing to remove the sticker from my thumb. i spent over an hour removing the stickers.
Overall, this is a nice product, and is worth your money if you don't plan on removing it. I, for one, will not be buying this product again.

on 9/9/2012 9:31:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love these! I've used them at least 5 or 6 times, and trust me, with practice they get easier to apply. There are so many colours and designs to choose from. They last without any chips for about a week for me then they start chipping a lot but it's not a big deal.

Tip: When applying these, i use the rounded edge on the base of my nail because i tend to tear the perforated side. Also apply a good top coat so they stay on longer.

The only complaint I have about these is you can't really file of the excess. I usually fold the edge over and press down, rip off as much as I can, and then file what's left.

If you don't want to spend $8-$10 on these, other companies are catching onto the idea and you can find similar strips for $3-$5.

Popular Polishes