Sally Hansen salon effects

Sally Hansen salon effects

3.2

on 4/17/2014 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

These are absolute crap! I tried these in Glitz Blitz and was so excited to have gold glitter nails. These strips smell like nail polish but wouldn't stay on my nail once I started filing. They're just too thick and the strip wouldn't stay on the corners of my nails. I tried again using base coat underneath because I read that this helped the strip stay on, but still, the corners would pop up and I knew they wouldn't stay on. What a waste of money.

on 3/27/2013 1:47:00 AM

Salon Effects " last up to 10 days" is false advertisement. I followed the directions accordingly to ensure the strips lasted as long as they claim on the package. It took me about an hour to apply the strips. Within the hour, I had dinner, washed the dishes and cleaned the kitchen, all of the strips have chipped/peeled off. It is possible that they can last up to 10 days if one does not do anything with their hands which is not realistic. I would not buy this product again.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Awful is what i got to say about these. I ahve tried them more than once hoping it would work for me and thinking it was me just not applying them correctly. But oh no these are just horrible. They look pretty but are a big huge pain to put on and they shredy bubble up they are just awful

on 11/28/2011 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Sucks sucks sucks. Half of them had dried out before the peel was off, and when I finally got the ones with some stick left on, (a colossal waste of time), they looked cheap. But it doesn't matter- I washed my hands later and 4 came off- I peeled the rest off." Lasts 10 days- just like normal polish"...really?!
Over $10 down the toilet. Needless to say, will not buy this waste of time and money again.

I was intrigued by the cute houndstooth pattern that a friend of mine kept showing up with on her nails, but I didn't think it would work as well on me.

I paint my nails at least once a week, so I'm no stranger to nail polish and how to make it look nice. I tried the champagne color called "raise a glass" and was disappointed in how it turned out. 90% of my dissatisfaction was not knowing how to place it correctly on the nail. I placed them overlapping the cuticle and used the sizes that were slightly too wide for the nail bed. Rookie mistakes.

So I went back for the Laced Up pattern. It is so cute! I can't stop admiring how adorable my nails are. I feel brave enough to try some other patterns now.

I haven't put a top coat on , so I don't know how long this will last (I'm a bit of a picker). The last ones, I picked mercilessly because I didn't like them, so now that I have a pattern I like, I plan on taking better care of it. Overall, I wish these were a bit cheaper, since you can only use them once, but I like the idea and the patterns.

on 6/24/2011 11:05:00 AM

I was a little skeptical of these. They reminded me of the sticker eyeshadow. I just didn't see how they'd possibly work. I bought them because they were on sale and I really liked the laced up design.

Pros: easy to use, multiple colors and designs to choose from, no smudging or worrying about your nails drying

Cons: at $9.50 they're about the same price as a bottle of nail polish and you can only use them once, not a big enough size selection to choose from (some of the strips don't go all the way to the edge of my nails), it's only day 2 and they're already peeling up a little. (this may also my fault...I rushed and applied them haphazardly. I did apply a top coat) *EDIT* it was definitely my fault. I applied them better the second time around. Took time to file them and used n/p remover. I'm on day 3 and no peeling.

I really like them and I would definitely use them a lot more if the above problems are resolved. I can honestly see these replacing nail polish for me.

I love these! I hate doing my nails and to me this is so much easier than regular polish. I find they stick best if you swipe your nails with polish remover right before you apply them. Once it's applied you have to make sure the area by your cuticles is pushed down or else it will lift up and chip off later. I finish mine with a coat of clear polish for a bit of shine and added protection against chipping.
These are pricey but if you get a pattern it's worth it because you would never be able to recreate these designs at home on your own. As far as staying power, I'm currently on day 4 with no chips and I work in an office all day (lots of typing) and cone home to a baby (lots of hand washing).
I've read a lot of reviews about the unused strips not lasting after being opened. I just so happened to leave an unused strip on my dresser and then the next dayvi didn't like the way one of my nails looked and I used the strip that had been sitting out for over 24 hours with no problems. Overall, big huge rave from me!

on 5/11/2011 12:29:00 AM

Was able to apply in under 10 minutes on the first try, and am on day 4 with no chip. Lots of compliments on the leopard print pattern and have survived a lot of hand washing and baby care creams! I'm super impressed with the ease of application and professional look. Going to try more ...they are fast, fun and no fumes around baby !

I just put these on last night in "Misbehavin'". I bought "Booty Camp" as well since they were BOGO 1/2 off at CVS and practically sold out. I am VERY impressed with these. I got them because a friend was wearing them and they looked adorable. I used a topcoat (Poshe) and I did some serious rough playing with my kids this morning with no chipping. I never bother polishing my nails any more because I have two kids under the age of three and polish doesn't last two days on me. Not worth my time. If I get a week out of these I'll never polish my nails again. I'll report back if they don' last.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have used this product in the pink camo and leopard print. Excellent staying power, easy to apply and comes off quickly with an acetone-based remover. The nail art strips are funky and cute, and the regular colors are quite pretty.'

The only bummer is that once the airtight package is open, you have to discard any strips you don't use as the sticky stuff that holds the strips to your nails dries out quickly. I'm not sure if putting the unused strips into an airtight bag or container would work or not, I haven't tried this.

Good value for the price!

EDIT: There are a couple of patterns/colors that don't work so well on my fingers, but work great on my toes!

Popular Polishes