Sally Hansen salon effects

Sally Hansen salon effects

3.6

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Wasn't real sure about these when I saw them at Wal-Mart, but thought, WTH? They are SO easy and fun!! They're a slightly stretchy vinyl that adheres to your clean nails. Make sure you follow the directions and you can't go wrong. They're very easy. When I was wearing the Houndstooth checked design, I had a lady stop me IN TRAFFIC for me to tell her who did my nails. "I did!" Lots of fun patterns, glitters, bright funky colors. The directions didn't specify to use a top coat but I find if I use The Rock top coat, it stays put longer. Also put them on my toes tonight. Can't wait til sandal weather to show off all the cute designs!!

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

UPDATE 1/16/11...these def last 10+ days. I applied on the 4th and they held up well. I'd say the tips of my nails show the wear of the polish strips but the edges never came up and they worn very well. I'm impressed.
I stumbled upon these in Walmart aka Wallyworld while browsing the makeup aisles. I've had Minx done and those were pretty expensive but I love the idea of no drying time and no chipping. I was a lil iffy about purchasing these cuz I've seen the ones at walgreens and they seem kinda cheap. I wanted to try the ones from Sephora but they're always sold out of the patterns I like plus they're $15. I got two sets of these, one in leopard called Kitty kitty and another in Collide-O-scope, a mix of colors. They were $8.50 each. Seemed kinda high for Sally Hansen and walmart but I figured I could return if anything.

Just applied the Leopard ones earlier and have already received many compliments. Plus they were pretty easy to apply. I will have to update on how they wear. Supposedly they last up to 10 days but even Minx don't last that long. Especially at the edges, they start to come up.

I guess the only negative is the tiny nail file/buffer that comes in each package. The nail file doesn't do much nor does the buffer so I used my own.

Will upload a pic (from blackberry) of my leopard nails =)

on 1/4/2011 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I am kinda on the fence about this product being trendy.. I waited for my local walgreens to get it in as it was a BOGO offered last week so I got a rain check for this week and purchased 6 diff colors or patterns.. now I like the product immensly but am disheartened that it will prob get played out quick and I sort of like being on the cutting edge.. sigh I guess thats the price of 'fame' .. ugh.
the price is right though way less than Sephora/Minx type product which did hold up and wear well but slightly more than Sally Beauty GLAM nails which chipped n shred w/i a day.. So yeh I'll play w/ salon effects alittle longer and see how they truly wear.. cuz right now I do Luv them and their ease of use or what may soon become over-use as I like to change my nail color alot!

on 1/5/2011 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

love them.. so much easier to use than i thought! i have them in wild child and booty camp. they are pricey but cheaper than minx or an airbrush.i use them to cover my awful nail ridges and they look nice. i will not use all the time as i feel they are over the top (i only like patterned ones since i already own so much polish) i like the idea to use them on your toes. :) i paid $10 at cvs but they were buy one, get one 50% off so it is not too bad.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

These are so easy and look great! i bought these yesterday at CVS for $10, a little expensive for a one-time use product but seeing as these just came out last month, will surely go on sale. Also, I don't mind the cost as it is not something i would do often or it would lose it's specialty. I have never had Minx nails so I can't comment on quality similarity but I've always liked the look so when i stumbled upon these I thought, why not?! i got the leopard print, which is a shimmery gold base with brown spots and it looks SO nice on, not tacky or cheap at all! It took me about 20 minutes total, to push my cuticles back, buff, and file nails (comes with the needed tools) and apply. It was actually easier than I thought, and the sizes were perfect for me. I started with the second smallest on my pinky nail and used the four next sizes on each finger. For a few fingers the nail was slightly wider than the sticker, but once I placed the edge right at my cuticle I stretched it a little as instructed and then ran over the edges with the wooden stick as instructed and they stretched to the perfect size. Peeling them off and reapplying once or twice if the alignment is messed up was not a problem. More than 36 hours later mine look perfect with no chips! I think the key is to really run over the entire nail with the stick and seal it in place. I also had no problem with filing them to the correct length. After you press on the sticker and seal it, you bend the excess over the nail and crease it on the edge, then file with the soft side of the included filer until it cuts it. This only took a few seconds on each and didn't create any rips or tears like I thought it might. Another perk is because it comes with 16 strips, if you do happen to mess up a few there is extra and you can easily cut one, or after sealing it carefully tear the excess off with the file. Super fun, and honestly although they say they last up to 10 days, I'm not sure I would even want mine on that long, a weekend of leopard nails is probably enough for me!

on 1/18/2011 11:07:00 PM

LOVE THIS!! It's easy to use and looks really cool. Not sure how long it's going to last...just put it on a couple of days ago and I had to touch up already. I got rock star--a multi-colored glitter. Like it so much I just picked up the houndstooth, black and white flowers and multi-colored flowers. I wanted the leopard but it was sold out at two stores. I'm thinking this will be so cute on toes with sandals in the spring and summer. It's a little pricey for one manicure. I paid $8.50 at Wal-mart but it was $10 at CVS. Almost completely sold out at CVS though! Will definitely use this again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

this product is amazing i got it in the 320 kitty, kitty pattern it took around 10 to put them and all 10 fingers since this was my first time using them the minute i put them on i fell in love there was so manny designs to chose from for only $10 i would deffentally recomend using these they are fast, cheap, and look amazing

These nail polish strips are AMAZING!!! I don't polish my nails often because if I don't smudge them before they even dry, even with a top coat my name brand polish chips in a day or two. With these strips, there is no drying time and they really do last. No base coat, 2 color coats, and top coats, just peel and smooth down; super easy. After showering, shampooing my hair, washing dishes, digging for things in my purse, typing, and living my life for 7 days I am only taking these off because my nails are growing from the cuticle. There has been minimal chipping and at day 7 I'd rate them a 9/10 which is normally how my nails would look after 1 day. I followed the directions and swiped with polish remover and buffed prior to applying these and there was no lifting. Since they are a drugstore brand you can definitely catch these on a BOGO sale like I did. Minx who? Chic Prints who? LOVE THESE!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love these! I just applied the strips for the first time about ten minutes ago and I fell in love. I used the hounds tooth pattern (called Check It Out) and the application was a breeze, though the sizing was off on some of the strips -which was very easy to remedy. I will definitely be repurchasing even though they do run a little pricey.

on 1/30/2011 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was really surprised by these. I got them in Misbehaved, a light gold with a black diamond grid over it. It definitely took longer to apply than regular nail polish but it was pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I did it while watching tv. I thought they came out really great and I got a lot of compliments. I didn't think for a second that they'd actually last 10 days. Normal nail polish last 3 days max (with great base coats and top coats) before it starts chipping like crazy. I took them off at day 7 because I wanted a change but they definitely could have lasted a few more days. I was not soft on them either. I did a lot of cleaning, showering, and other hands on stuff.

I would totally buy these again and I think they'd be great for going on vacation when you want something to last and look nice. The price is a little more than I'd want to spend for a weekly manicure so they'd probably only be for special occasions.

Popular Polishes