Sally Hansen salon effects

Filtered by age: 19-24
Sally Hansen salon effects

3.4

on 1/15/2015 3:26:00 AM

Love. These. They are adorable, perfect for doing nails in a hurry, no dry time, stay for almost 2 weeks, and they have so many choices.

on 10/29/2014 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Ok I LOVE these. I find I have to put clear nail polish on first then put the sticker down and file away they extra then seal them with clear polish. I find that the packages don't keep the unused strips very well. I only get one set of strips out of the box. Which at 10$ a box is a lot. HOWEVER, when I find them at Dollar Tree, I buy all of them! At a dollar a box it cant be beat. Look at dollar tree first!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got these Sally Hansen nail strips on sale for $2.50. They're usually in the $10 range so i've never used them before because I'm addicted to painting my nails. So being so cheap, i thought "why not"
I'm not sure what they were called but they were a shiny black with a few sparkles. I love black nail polish so I was really excited to use them.
I took off my polish, filed my nails, and then buffed them out a bit. I followed the instructions %100, and ended up only being able to use 5 of the strips. The rest of them were all stuck to the plastic piece that you're supposed to peel off, and it was impossible to peel it off of the plastic. I don't know if maybe my hands were too warm or what, but I only managed to do one hand and then I ran out of usable strips. I went back to the drugstore to get another box and they had none left of the kind I used. I am very disappointed. I also found it very hard to properly place them on my nails, I have very long nails so getting the strips to be even on both sides of my nails was extremely difficult. I can't see myself buying these again, even on sale. I'll stick to painting my nails.

on 1/5/2014 7:04:00 PM

I nearly just had a fit trying to apply the "French Mani" version of these. I have tried a few other patterns which actually did last about a week each and looked great. The French ones however, did not live up to my expectations. I just spent about an hour trying to apply these and they are uneven and fit my nails awkwardly. I feel like for 10.99 CAD I could have spent the same and gotten numerous applications of white and nude colour polishes and done a better job myself. Also, I ended up with an obsene amount of garbage at the end- definitely do not recommend if you have small children or pets around because the pieces of garbage are small and easy to miss while cleaning up.

on 10/29/2013 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for at least 2 years now and it has been great, it has lasted up to two weeks on my nails in the past even with working in a supermarket and using my hands a lot. I find it really easy to apply and I cut the strips in half so I can use the set twice rather than once.

I have always loved them but lately I have found some inconsistencies with it, for example, last week on Sunday night, I applied one set and it last right through until Friday which is with working full time (in Childcare so lots of use of the hands), no top coat, no repairs. Then on Saturday I decided would change it and bought another set, they lasted a day and a half, I had lost three nails worth of strips by the end of Sunday afternoon and this was when I was out shopping. this has happened to me a few times now. The designs with a white background seem to be the ones that don't last for me.

Never the less, I will probably try it a few more times, or at least until I run out of designs before I give up on them, they are good most of the time. One last thing, it would be great if they sold the designs without a file and a cuticle stick as if I am buying them in lots I don't need more than one of each item.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've seen so many people rave about this product in real life and on youtube. I just CANNOT use them! They fit awkwardly on some of my nails, and sometimes the strips aren't sticky. These strips DO smell like nail polish so it's obvious that they ARE REAL nail polish, but other than that, I don't really see the significance of this product. Some people love it and some hate it, so I recommend just trying so you can see for yourself

I HATE THIS STUFF!

I purchased the set in Lust-rous, a pretty black with gold and silver chunky sparkles. Application was easy, and the manual was great. It was also wonderful that it came with a cuticle pusher and a nail file (although it was made somewhat cheaply.)

Soon enough, in a matter of 12 hours these chipped. On the box, it says that they last 10 days, and I think that claim is waaaaaay off. By the third day, all of my nails chipped.

These are also super uncomfortable on the nails. When I brush my fingers through my hair, the wax strips almost get like caught in my hair? I don't really know how to describe it, but it feels super uncomfortable and I was itching to get them off as soon as possible.

I tried to take them off with my amazing nail polish remover (it takes off almost EVERYTHING) but the nail polish wouldn't budge. I was frustrated-- how can a product chip so easily but then be so hard to remove? I finally used some aluminum foil and soaked the nails with remover but still there was a lot of residue left. I had to take three showers for all of it to come off of my nails. My nails were in awful condition--dry, brittle, and weak.

For $10, I reccomend going to the store and buying a good OPI or Essie. I feel so stupid for wasting my money on these. Will NEVER repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

They're okay enough, I guess. What I really dislike about these is that they're hard to get flat against the nail if you have longer nails, like I do. It's very hard to get it not to wrinkle for me. I've only ever used the lace patterns, so the wrinkles don't show unless I'm looking for it, but considering that it is pretty expensive (I paid about nine bucks, for one use!) and it would definitely show up in a different pattern, I'm a little unhappy about it. I would buy them again though, this little kink just bothers me a lot.

on 5/31/2013 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the French Mani strips for my high school graduation and they worked out really well! I had trouble getting the tips right at first, but once I got the hang of it it was a breeze. I've used Sally Hansen strips before and I find that the trick for me is to stretch the strip slightly over my nail before I lay it down. It helped it adhere better to my nails and get rid of any bubbles underneath. Otherwise I followed the instructions exactly. Another thing-- make sure you file your nails really well beforehand. The clear strips tend to emphasize the ridges. I applied two coats of my essie topcoat and so far it has lasted 8 days with no chips. I even played sports with them on for two days! Highly recommend these!!

on 5/16/2013 8:29:00 PM

A lot of people giving negative reviews did not use these properly in my opinion. First of all, wait several hours before doing any chores/dishes/showers! This IS nail polish, it HAS to set on your nails, it isn't magically perfect within an hour, seriously, wtf now! Haha I love them. I put them on and do not put my hands in water for at least 3-4 hours and also I put a top coat on and they last a few weeks, perfect! Worth the money. Easy to apply once you get the hang of it!

Popular Polishes