Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent

Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent
Don't understand what all the fuss is about

3.9

PROS: Works so well. I spray at roots only and then tap with my hands to sort of work in. Absorbs excess oil well. As long as I tap it where I've sprayed, it doesn't leave white powdery film like others do (my root area is med. brown.)

CONS: Smell is a weird floral, almost like flowers with a gas station bathroom deodorizer scent mixed in. Told you...weird. Hope I didn't offend anyone who likes that scent (or make you not like it anymore.) ;-) This does run out quick, so I buy at least two cans when I got to Sally's Beauty Supply. Does leave just the lightest film of powder, but when I tap it in, it goes away easily and quickly.

APPLICATION TIPS: I only spray at the roots cause that's where I need it. ;-)

ALTERNATES: I much prefer the original scent, or even the tropical. **Now Suave makes a dry spray shampoo, and it's the best I've tried.

some points on this product, in no order
$9 CDN
I thought I had read that the original had a bad scent, and i also have had bad experiences with unpleasant smelling dry shampoos (furterer) so i spritzed this and thought it smelled nice enough.
cute vintage looking can.
used it on my dark brown hair and noticed no residue/powdery-ness.
my boyfriend said my hair smelled great.
seemed to work well too although i probably applied a bit too much (first time...) - could have been more conservative and just done my main roots
i think this might be a savior product for me. i'm desperately trying to grow my hair and the less often i have to wash it means the less often i have to heat style it.
i will update if my feelings change.

on 5/6/2011 10:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the only dry shampoo that I've liked so far. I like the smell, light, not to strong. I have auburn hair and it does not leave a horrid white chunks in my hair (yes, I mean you, tresemme). I'm still looking for an HG, this does not qualify. I spray about 1 ft. from my hair, short, quick bursts. Rub in with my fingers, wait a couple minutes, then brush out with a natural bristle hairbrush (per instructions). Let me finish by saying, the can is small, the can is small, THE CAN IS SMALL. I was very surprised that such a little can was around $7 at Ulta. Off to read the Suave dry shampoo reviews. Will continue to buy if I don't find anything better.

ps. the can is small.

on 5/13/2011 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really love this! I got mine at Sally's for about $7. I have to admit that I chose this one over the original one because of the pink can, it's adorable and sort of retro!
As for the product itself the smell is nice, it's not too strong and it doesn't stick with me throughout the day. It also makes my hair feel soft.
I asked my boyfriend if he thought my hair looked greasy or flat and he said that it looked like I'd washed it that day, so that's always good! All you have to do is make sure that you get all of the white residue massaged into your hair and you're good to go!

I've always been a fan of the dry shampoo idea but couldn't find one I liked. I tried the powders and sprays, tinted and original, scented and non, etc. They left my hair feeling dirty and looking dull, if not white! I heard some buzz about Batiste and figured, why not? Picked up a can of Blush at Ulta for $8 and gave it a go. Whoopie!!! Not only does it smell good but it's really workable and doesn't leave a white cast or heaviness in my hair. How have I overlooked this magic in a can for so long? Not sure, but I do now my search for a dry shampoo is over :)

on 6/23/2011 4:29:00 PM

Doesn't work well for me at all! Maybe this is just an old can or I'm not shaking it well enough or something, but this product doesn't do its job for me. It leaves my hair just as greasy as before and leaves white powdery residue. As for the smell, it's fairly pleasant at first but then kind of gets to you after a while. If you're the kind of person who always has to deal with an oily scalp and greasy hair, I do not recommend this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't know how greasy other people's hair is, but mine only gets flat and a little oily in the afternoon of the second day after washing. You cannot go wrong with this stuff. It brushes into your hair so easily, and I have dark hair. Maybe some people are holding it too close and creating white patches. The scent is nice and an ok soft floral. I prefer the fresh version from Batiste. It smells really good. This is probably the best dry shampoo on the market, and I was using Oscar Blandi before it. Besides getting rid of oil, it creates texture and lifts at the roots. You have to section your hair the same way you would color it, but then spray and brush each section at a time. This is the only scent sold at my Sally Beauty, but I saw the Fresh version at Ulta.

So I have wanted a good dry shampoo for some time now. I tried Tresemme's but it sucked so bad. My roots get very oily, and my scalp also develops odor quite quickly. Batiste not only neutralized the oiliness, but it eliminated the odor and added volume to my roots! I have nothing bad to say about this product. The blush scent also smells nice. HG!
*******As for the white residue, simply rub your hair until the white fades completely or brush it with a boar bristled brush! Do not spray the can too close to your hair; the point is for the product to grab onto the hair evenly! I have black hair, and the white residue was not a problem because I'm always able to rub it off.*******

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far my favourite dry shampoo. I've been trying to find one that works for me, because I want to shampoo less to reduce damage and grow out my hair. A lot of them didn't seem to do anything, but this one really eliminates oil and doesn't leave any residue behind. It also has an amazing scent. I got a few cans of the travel-sized bottles from this Canadian beauty site ebeauty.ca (located here: http://bit.ly/qdVBWu) and it's great for when you have to go out straight after work. I also have bangs, which tend to get stringy and gross if I don't wash them every day, so this helps them look fresh all the time.

on 11/20/2011 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Good for freshing up in between washes, I also love the pink can! The scent is a bit floral and powdery, I like the scent but it lingers for quite a while so I would try it first to see if you like it. The Tropical one is nice as well that one smells like coconuts. The original one just smells fresh and citrusy and does not linger that long so that one is good if you sensitive to scents.