Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent
Don't understand what all the fuss is about

4.2

some points on this product, in no order
$9 CDN
I thought I had read that the original had a bad scent, and i also have had bad experiences with unpleasant smelling dry shampoos (furterer) so i spritzed this and thought it smelled nice enough.
cute vintage looking can.
used it on my dark brown hair and noticed no residue/powdery-ness.
my boyfriend said my hair smelled great.
seemed to work well too although i probably applied a bit too much (first time...) - could have been more conservative and just done my main roots
i think this might be a savior product for me. i'm desperately trying to grow my hair and the less often i have to wash it means the less often i have to heat style it.
i will update if my feelings change.

on 5/6/2011 10:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the only dry shampoo that I've liked so far. I like the smell, light, not to strong. I have auburn hair and it does not leave a horrid white chunks in my hair (yes, I mean you, tresemme). I'm still looking for an HG, this does not qualify. I spray about 1 ft. from my hair, short, quick bursts. Rub in with my fingers, wait a couple minutes, then brush out with a natural bristle hairbrush (per instructions). Let me finish by saying, the can is small, the can is small, THE CAN IS SMALL. I was very surprised that such a little can was around $7 at Ulta. Off to read the Suave dry shampoo reviews. Will continue to buy if I don't find anything better.

ps. the can is small.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't know how greasy other people's hair is, but mine only gets flat and a little oily in the afternoon of the second day after washing. You cannot go wrong with this stuff. It brushes into your hair so easily, and I have dark hair. Maybe some people are holding it too close and creating white patches. The scent is nice and an ok soft floral. I prefer the fresh version from Batiste. It smells really good. This is probably the best dry shampoo on the market, and I was using Oscar Blandi before it. Besides getting rid of oil, it creates texture and lifts at the roots. You have to section your hair the same way you would color it, but then spray and brush each section at a time. This is the only scent sold at my Sally Beauty, but I saw the Fresh version at Ulta.

So I have wanted a good dry shampoo for some time now. I tried Tresemme's but it sucked so bad. My roots get very oily, and my scalp also develops odor quite quickly. Batiste not only neutralized the oiliness, but it eliminated the odor and added volume to my roots! I have nothing bad to say about this product. The blush scent also smells nice. HG!
*******As for the white residue, simply rub your hair until the white fades completely or brush it with a boar bristled brush! Do not spray the can too close to your hair; the point is for the product to grab onto the hair evenly! I have black hair, and the white residue was not a problem because I'm always able to rub it off.*******

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

HG! This stuff is a GODSEND and very well be the only reason I'm able to make it to work on time on most days. I have a lot of fine hair that gets greasy if I don't wash it every day and the Batiste has spared me the luxury of going an extra day without washing/blow drying.

It works just like hairspray, you just spray your roots to absorb the oil and comb/brush as usual. This is a powder spray so it can turn your hair whitish if you get a little over zealous or too close but it goes away easily if you brush it out. There are a few scents available, Tropical, Original, Diva, Blush, etc. but I like Blush the best since it smells like a regular hair product, the others are a little over powering, especially the Diva. I purchase mine at Ulta but I've seen the Original Scent at Harmon Discount, Emiliani Beauty Supply, and Sally Beauty, the CVS stores near me do not carry it (NJ). It's about $6-7 anywhere I've seen it. One can lasts me about a month.

on 1/25/2012 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ugh, this is like my 3rd ammendment to this review. Here is my conclusion:
PROS:
- I love the smell, it is nostalgic to me.
- Adds body to my fine hair.
- Does leave it looking lighter in colour, which I enjoy because I am blonde.
- Looks cleaner and fresher.
- Saves me time in the am when I don't want to wash my hair.
CONS:
- Even if I try to spray only the roots, over time it makes my hair drier.
- Can make your hair feel gross, kinda like cotton candy.

So yeah, I guess the pros outweigh the cons and this is a keeper for me.

on 1/28/2012 4:48:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

The smell of this product is so strong and horrifying it bothered my asthma and I had to take my albuterol multiple times after wearing it.

Smells like a doctor's office and cheap perfume. BLECH.

In the trash and back to the original.

I think that it is a bit expensive considering this stuff probably runs out pretty fast.

But I have very oily hair, like I really need to wash it every day, and sometimes if I wash it in the early evening it will look greasy the next morning. Yuck.

My solution was corn starch, but that got everywhere, and made my hair all starchy and white and stiff. Gross.

This stuff is quite good. I sprayed it in my roots, fluffed it up, and my hair felt all shiny and smooth, and not oily, once I brushed it out.

Plus I like the smell. And I didn't get any white chalky residue. It isn't as good as a real shampoo and conditioner wash, but it is also a lot less of a hassle so it is great for those times where you are going out at night and don't want to wash your hair twice in one day, or if you shower at night and wake up with greasy hair like I do.

Makes my hair feel all smooth and fresh, especially with a comb out and iron over.

But, I definitely do not think it truly washes so if you sweat I would definitely take a regular shower. It is just good for those touchups when your body is clean but you don't want to wash your hair excessively.

This product isn't so easily available near me, and I do think it is kind of expensive, at 9 dollars for a can that probably won't last too long but it definitely helps my hair.

best dry shampoo ever. this seriously lets me get another 2-3 days without washing my hair. my hair feels light and fluffy after using this and never gets stiff feeling. i do have dark hair but as long as you brush it out good you shouldn't have an issue with a gray cast. how i use it is i'll section my hair off and spray the roots only, wait a few minutes until it gets a bit powdery and then brush it out. the smell is okay, it's better than the original scent. i usually order these in bulk on amazon which is a lot cheaper than paying $6-7 at sallys for one can. i find a can will usually last me a little over a month and i probably use it about 4x a week. i think that's pretty good since most dry shampoos seem to just disappear (my rockstar lasted about 2 weeks and it's twice the size of batiste).

on 10/27/2012 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The packaging and name makes it seem this will be a sweet scent. Its not that way but a rather strong smell like old fashioned hair products. Its "scent prohibitive" for me, so I can't use it.