Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent
Don't understand what all the fuss is about

3.3

on 9/17/2017 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

After years of hearing about this stuff I finally bought a can. Wow! It works wonderfully well! I don't like washing my hair more than twice a week if I'm able so this product helps me do that in a pinch. This stuff is especially helpful as a refresher for oily hair on hot summer days. The low price asking and the little amount needed is a great bargain. I am concerned though that something in this MAY, but I'm not quite sure yet, have caused my scalp to react because washing my hair the day after using this I had a ton off hair loss when washing my hair in the shower. I'll have to try it out again one more time, ya know for science(!), to make sure as it might just have been stress. The Blush scent is nice and not too flowery or fruity. Good product!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Even though I have blonde in my hair my roots are a deep brunette shade so I normally gravitate towards the colored one from batiste. My local Wal-Mart was out and even though I'm not much for strong scents the pink packaging drew me to this one. I bought two bottles since the brunette one usually runs out very fast and I figured if this one worked out I had a back up. I use dry shampoo at night after my showers when I'm done blow drying my hair since at night I can sweat a lot which can result in greasy roots. It helps create volume in my hair and take care of any grease throughout the night. I was getting ready really fast today and was so worried as this particular batiste looked like I had dumped a bunch of baby powder in my hair. I quickly threw my head upside down, shook my fingers through my head and came out with volume that was soft to the touch with no white cast. The colored one feels grittier while smelling like chocolate. This one felt so much more lightweight while smelling really sweet and fresh. I have tried so many other dry shampoos that left major white casts and made my hair feel crunchy and matted like I had just sprayed so much hairspray in. Can't live without batiste in my daily routine.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is amazing! I have super oily hair and I don't like to wash my hair everyday. This stuff is the bomb for anyone! I'm not a big fan of floral scents but I love the smell of this! I got a travel size of it and I want to get the full size sometime.

on 2/25/2016 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Much like the original version of this dry shampoo, it did absolutely nothing for my hair except give it a strange powdery look and a waxy, powdery feel. I swear I follow the instructions exactly, but it always turns out the same. I really want to find a dry shampoo that works for my hair, but I'm beginning to think the Batiste ones aren't the way to go. Oh, and this one smelt way too strong too - it overpowered my perfume and smelt really synthetic.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm trying to not wash my hair everyday, because I've heard it's better for your hair.I'm still taking a shower with a cap on my hair though. Well, I'm now on my second day of no washing, and my hair doesn't look oily at all, but it does feel stiff from styling, and using hair spray. So, I found this at Tj Maxx, and after hearing good things about it on youtube, decided it was worth picking up for 5.99.

I can see how it works for some people, and it certainly adds volume! But I feel like I have 80's hair going on right now. And it was really hard to brush the white out. It changed my hair color from red to a light strawberry red, but I can still see a bit of greyish, pinkish stuff in my hair. I don't mind the light floral scent at all, and it's weird to me how that even bothered anyone really. Maybe, my nose is just perfume tolerant in general though.

I was okay with this stuff for the first two hours, and thought I could deal with 80's hair, but now my hair feels itchy and badly dry. Even my back feels itchy where some of it went down my shirt. I guess I didn't need this stuff after all. I think just using a bit of dusting powder or baby powder on my roots would probably do the exact same thing to my hair. I'm not going to re-buy this, and I might even take it back. I think this stuff might work very well on extremely dirty/oily hair, and maybe my hair just isn't there yet. I'm not sure, but I don't like it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The drugstore was out of the Original and Fresh scented Batiste so I decided to try this one. It's too strongly scented for me. It's a heavy sweet floral scent that doesn't seem to fade at all. If I put it in my hair, I can smell it all day.

As for performance, it makes my dark hair a bit chalky and matte looking. It woks as well as KMS Hairplay in my super fine, long hair, and is much less expensive. So while the product is not perfect, it's great to have in a pinch when I don't have time to wash my hair but it's looking a little lank and greasy.

on 1/23/2015 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Batiste Dry Shampoo is amazing. I had previously used Treseme and this it a far superior product. Batiste sprays from the can easily and evenly and I have yet to have any issues with the nozzle clogging. Just spray, massage, and brush for clean, refreshed hair. This absorbs oil quite well, has a great floral scent, and adds volume. I have somewhat dark hair, around level 5 and this did leave a slight cast to my hair it was very light and not noticeable. I paid about $7-8USD for this so it moderately priced. Great product to keep in a bag or desk drawer at work if you get oily during the day and need to revive your hair.

on 12/27/2014 2:14:00 PM

I like this product very much! Fresh cherry blossom scent that is not too overwhelming. I use it on the 2nd day after my hairwash so that I only need to wash every other day, it absorbs away oil fairly well and gives volume. I haven't had the problem of white hair root (I have black hair) and I find this product blends really well. I just spray enough to the root, let the powder sit for a minute, blend, then spray lightly to my hair overall. 1 bottle lasts me 2 months and half.

The only downside is that I find the price a little too high (10.99$ CAD regular price, 6.99$ on sale)
I also tried the scent in Sassy and Wild: the shampoo effect is equally good but I didn't like the smell, wayyy to strong in my opinion

I am English and I think the British packaging is preferable/prettier.

This has a nicer, sweeter scent than the original. Really quite pleasant.

I can very rarely have my hair washed as I have a chronic illness where I need to lie flat most the time. This does actually help my hair look less greasy.

It seems to work much better if you do several sprays and spray it all round on the underneath layers.

Definitely a good pproduct in my opinion if you use it in this way. My hait is REALLY greasy sometimes (Far more than a few days without washing) and it helps a bit for a few days even in these circumstances. It gves a nice shine too, but not overly shiny.

It is meant as a sort of touch up betwern washes really, so sometimes the day after, despite thoroughly rubbing it in and brushing through my hair my scalp retains some of the powder.

Best thing is its easy to apply and smells nice and you can get it in a few different sizes (in UK anyway).

on 11/19/2013 4:50:00 PM

I use Batiste dry shampoos regularly. This is not my favorite scent - it's a little too flowery for me. But I'll use it before LOTS of other brands of dry shampoo. I just prefer other Batiste scents.

Top Rated Dry Shampoo