Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent
Don't understand what all the fuss is about

3.6

on 10/29/2017 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Lets be honest - who has not heard of this brand before? Every since I got into styling my hair and using different products, Batiste has been mentioned again and again with mainly fabulous reviews. So, I recently started trying out different dry shampoos and decided to jump on the bandwagon and give this product a go. I was not disappointed at all.
I have naturally dark brown hair that tends to rock natural curls or straight locks if I feel like putting in the effort and like any person, washing my hair everyday is not possible. I went for the Blush version just because I was worried about the Brunette version being too light or too dark and Blush tends to be the one I see reviewed by people. First off, it took me a bit to get used to the scent since it does seem like it will be strong but when applied the scent softens a lot. To apply I typically will do this before I go to bed so the powders have time to work with the oils and because I am sometimes in too much of a rush in the mornings to remember to use it. So, I will first go to the areas where I notice my hair getting pretty oily and flat. I do make sure to shake the can quite a bit before I apply just to avoid having a white cast and then I spray it in the desired areas. Once that is done I will let it sit while I do another part of my evening routine and when I feel it has set enough, I will use my fingers or a brush to work it through. Aside from the occasional time, I don't experience much of a white cast and I don't look like someone who has dandruff which is always a plus especially with dark hair.
So, all in all, this is a pretty good product for the price point. I wish the can lasted longer but the product itself makes it worth the extra trips to the store. Also, if you are a dark haired person like me, as long as you shake the can and don't apply a thick layer of this, it will do wonders for your hair without making it look dirty.

on 9/17/2017 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

After years of hearing about this stuff I finally bought a can. Wow! It works wonderfully well! I don't like washing my hair more than twice a week if I'm able so this product helps me do that in a pinch. This stuff is especially helpful as a refresher for oily hair on hot summer days. The low price asking and the little amount needed is a great bargain. I am concerned though that something in this MAY, but I'm not quite sure yet, have caused my scalp to react because washing my hair the day after using this I had a ton off hair loss when washing my hair in the shower. I'll have to try it out again one more time, ya know for science(!), to make sure as it might just have been stress. The Blush scent is nice and not too flowery or fruity. Good product!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Even though I have blonde in my hair my roots are a deep brunette shade so I normally gravitate towards the colored one from batiste. My local Wal-Mart was out and even though I'm not much for strong scents the pink packaging drew me to this one. I bought two bottles since the brunette one usually runs out very fast and I figured if this one worked out I had a back up. I use dry shampoo at night after my showers when I'm done blow drying my hair since at night I can sweat a lot which can result in greasy roots. It helps create volume in my hair and take care of any grease throughout the night. I was getting ready really fast today and was so worried as this particular batiste looked like I had dumped a bunch of baby powder in my hair. I quickly threw my head upside down, shook my fingers through my head and came out with volume that was soft to the touch with no white cast. The colored one feels grittier while smelling like chocolate. This one felt so much more lightweight while smelling really sweet and fresh. I have tried so many other dry shampoos that left major white casts and made my hair feel crunchy and matted like I had just sprayed so much hairspray in. Can't live without batiste in my daily routine.

on 2/25/2016 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Much like the original version of this dry shampoo, it did absolutely nothing for my hair except give it a strange powdery look and a waxy, powdery feel. I swear I follow the instructions exactly, but it always turns out the same. I really want to find a dry shampoo that works for my hair, but I'm beginning to think the Batiste ones aren't the way to go. Oh, and this one smelt way too strong too - it overpowered my perfume and smelt really synthetic.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Batiste Blush is my favorite scent for dry shampoo. I can't believe I haven't written a review for it before. It's in a very appealing can (I liked the old,too). I can find it lots of places for excellent prices ($4.50-$6 for a large can. It smells soft & floral, as the Blush name would imply. Not overwhelming in the least in the fragrance. I have medium to dark brown hair & it barely shows once it's blended in. I just spritz a few times, let it sit, & massage my head w/a towel or paper towel. I brush through it, too. It adds body & voids the hair of oils & odors. It works equally well if I let it sit for a few seconds or a few minutes. My hair feels smooth & soft w/no icky residue & no straw like feeling or itch. I've tried other brands (Dove, Suave, & Herbal Essence) but always returned to the Batiste brand. I also love the Tropical scent by Batiste. I've even used this on 3rd Day hair in a pinch w/fantastic results.

on 7/20/2015 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

The Batiste dry shampoo in Blush scent is the best dry shampoo I've ever tried. It gives great volume, doesn't make my head itch, soaks up all the oilies and doesn't make my red hair white or grey. Plus, it's cheap and it smells nice. Excellent stuff.

This is my go-to dry shampoo! I prefer this scent to the original formula myself. I don't find it offensive at all, and it fades quickly. It's easy to spray, covers well, and soaks up any oil instantly! I do have to massage it in or else it makes my blonde hair look white. I could see it being a little too light for dark colored hair, but fine for blonde. By the end of the day I can get a little oily again, but this lasts the longest of any dry shampoo I've tried! They even carry it at Wal-Mart now which makes finding it much cheaper and easier.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm trying to not wash my hair everyday, because I've heard it's better for your hair.I'm still taking a shower with a cap on my hair though. Well, I'm now on my second day of no washing, and my hair doesn't look oily at all, but it does feel stiff from styling, and using hair spray. So, I found this at Tj Maxx, and after hearing good things about it on youtube, decided it was worth picking up for 5.99.

I can see how it works for some people, and it certainly adds volume! But I feel like I have 80's hair going on right now. And it was really hard to brush the white out. It changed my hair color from red to a light strawberry red, but I can still see a bit of greyish, pinkish stuff in my hair. I don't mind the light floral scent at all, and it's weird to me how that even bothered anyone really. Maybe, my nose is just perfume tolerant in general though.

I was okay with this stuff for the first two hours, and thought I could deal with 80's hair, but now my hair feels itchy and badly dry. Even my back feels itchy where some of it went down my shirt. I guess I didn't need this stuff after all. I think just using a bit of dusting powder or baby powder on my roots would probably do the exact same thing to my hair. I'm not going to re-buy this, and I might even take it back. I think this stuff might work very well on extremely dirty/oily hair, and maybe my hair just isn't there yet. I'm not sure, but I don't like it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The drugstore was out of the Original and Fresh scented Batiste so I decided to try this one. It's too strongly scented for me. It's a heavy sweet floral scent that doesn't seem to fade at all. If I put it in my hair, I can smell it all day.

As for performance, it makes my dark hair a bit chalky and matte looking. It woks as well as KMS Hairplay in my super fine, long hair, and is much less expensive. So while the product is not perfect, it's great to have in a pinch when I don't have time to wash my hair but it's looking a little lank and greasy.

on 12/17/2013 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I am on my 6th can of this dry shampoo already and i don't know why I haven't done a review on this yet!

I wash my hair every other day and since I have oily roots, I need something to maintain my hair looking shine free and voluminous for a day. I lift my roots up, shake up the can and spray some onto my hair. I let that sit for about a few minutes so that it can soak up the oil, shake my hair to give some volume and brush out any remaining white cast with my fingers and I am done!

I have black hair and it does give some white cast but it is nothing too extreme that my fingers can't fix. This cost SGD$15.90 in Singapore for the large can. It lasts about 1 and half months before I need to get a new one.

Of all the scents that I own (I have tried the tropical, original, cherries, and the limited edition lace one), I still prefer this blush scent because it smells a bit sweet and florally to me and I really like it! At the end of the day, I can still smell the scent is I give my hair a shake since there will still be dry shampoo at the end of the day.

I do not need to retouch with this dry shampoo and I am really impressed.

Will continue to repurchase this because it is one of my holy grails! Already on my 6th large can if I haven't mentioned it ;) LOVE THIS STUFF

Top Rated Dry Shampoo