Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent
Don't understand what all the fuss is about

3.6

on 11/24/2011 8:35:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a nice smelling DS, however I have to use so much of it! It's cheap to start with (between $7-10 AU), BUT I was finding that I had to repurchase after every few uses, which makes it SO EXPENSIVE!!. On the positive side, it smells nice, works to remove oliy roots, and looks natural.(no white or powdery cast once hair been brushed a couple of times)

I wouldn't purchase again given the cost per use, and have since found my HG Fudge Dry Shampoo, which is around $15-17 AU, but lasts 3-4 weeks with multiple uses, so in comparison is way cheaper than Batise DS, which doesn't last me a week. Fudge dry shampoo works better than Batise and feels like it's cleaning my hair rather than just reoving oil, but I guess Batise offers better variety given the many fragrances and the brunette option too. I've used 'blush' and 'diva' and both smell lovely.

Anyway, I give this 3 as it does get rid of oily roots and smell nice, but the price per use is a HUGE downfall.

Here's a summary of the dry shampoos I've tried (and wouldn't buy again as long as my HG Fudge DS is around lol). Cedel's DS is top of this list of memorable ones as it was so HORRIBLE. I gor the one in the purple can and it smells disgusting (chemical smell that made me gag), and leaves a horrible white and unnaural cast (my mum and friend both noticed how weird my hair looked and they never normally say anything), so I threw it out after two uses. Lee Staddord's Poker Straight DS at least smells ok, but given the price (maybe $16-18 AU) and the fact that I also needed heaps of it to do the job, I wouldn't buy again (especially given my Fudge HG). Klorane was the first DS I used, and it was ok for the purpose, and smells ok, but I had to use quite a lot (it retails for around $12-15 AU).

In summary, if the fragrances on offer from Batise outway the unbelievably high cost per use, or you have brunette hair (they have a DS for brunette hair, but I haven't tried it, maybe Batise is the brand to try. If on the other hand you want an inexpensive cost per use DS that works just as well if not better than Batise, that cleans hair, looks natural and smells nice, try Fudge DS (it got a bad rating as 3 out of 5 reviews are bad- but give it a go).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

HG! This stuff is a GODSEND and very well be the only reason I'm able to make it to work on time on most days. I have a lot of fine hair that gets greasy if I don't wash it every day and the Batiste has spared me the luxury of going an extra day without washing/blow drying.

It works just like hairspray, you just spray your roots to absorb the oil and comb/brush as usual. This is a powder spray so it can turn your hair whitish if you get a little over zealous or too close but it goes away easily if you brush it out. There are a few scents available, Tropical, Original, Diva, Blush, etc. but I like Blush the best since it smells like a regular hair product, the others are a little over powering, especially the Diva. I purchase mine at Ulta but I've seen the Original Scent at Harmon Discount, Emiliani Beauty Supply, and Sally Beauty, the CVS stores near me do not carry it (NJ). It's about $6-7 anywhere I've seen it. One can lasts me about a month.

on 10/27/2012 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The packaging and name makes it seem this will be a sweet scent. Its not that way but a rather strong smell like old fashioned hair products. Its "scent prohibitive" for me, so I can't use it.

on 12/28/2012 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have already repurchased this dry shampoo because it's the one I've liked the best so far. I've tried a couple other brands and this one is defnitely better. The price isn't too bad either. I have bought this at ulta and also at marshalls at a cheaper price. So I would definitely say check out a marshalls or tj maxx if you have one near. The smell is sweet and floral. Nothing too harsh and it doesn't smell all chemical like some dry shampoos I've tried. My hair is dark brown and I spritz this in my hair, wait a minute or two, then run clean hands or a brush through my hair to evenly distribute and make sure there's no white showing in my hair. My hair doesn't feel greasy hours later, but at the end of the day it does get a little after using this. The scent lingers in my hair also. I do wash my hair every other day at times, but most of the time its every day. I use this on fresly washed hair also to add some volume and it works great.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this dry shampoo. It is the best spray version of dry shampoo I've ever used, but still doesn't come close to my HG Oscar Blandi powder when it comes to totally getting rid of greases. I do like the scent and it's fairly reasonably priced. I also love that it almost never clogs and doesn't run after only a few uses like some aerosol dry shampoos. The problems I have with it are 1) it makes my scalp itch like crazy so I look like a crazy person with lice whenever I use it; and 2) it doesn't really add much volume or get rid of greases all that well. Another issue is that it's tough to come by in the states so I have to order it on eBay - luckily it's still pretty economical as it is a drugstore product. If you're brunette, I would avoid it -- it works on my blonde hair but does have a whitening effect. So overall it's an OK product that I occasionally use in addition to powder but it's nothing to write home about.

on 1/23/2015 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Batiste Dry Shampoo is amazing. I had previously used Treseme and this it a far superior product. Batiste sprays from the can easily and evenly and I have yet to have any issues with the nozzle clogging. Just spray, massage, and brush for clean, refreshed hair. This absorbs oil quite well, has a great floral scent, and adds volume. I have somewhat dark hair, around level 5 and this did leave a slight cast to my hair it was very light and not noticeable. I paid about $7-8USD for this so it moderately priced. Great product to keep in a bag or desk drawer at work if you get oily during the day and need to revive your hair.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The drugstore was out of the Original and Fresh scented Batiste so I decided to try this one. It's too strongly scented for me. It's a heavy sweet floral scent that doesn't seem to fade at all. If I put it in my hair, I can smell it all day.

As for performance, it makes my dark hair a bit chalky and matte looking. It woks as well as KMS Hairplay in my super fine, long hair, and is much less expensive. So while the product is not perfect, it's great to have in a pinch when I don't have time to wash my hair but it's looking a little lank and greasy.

on 7/20/2015 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

The Batiste dry shampoo in Blush scent is the best dry shampoo I've ever tried. It gives great volume, doesn't make my head itch, soaks up all the oilies and doesn't make my red hair white or grey. Plus, it's cheap and it smells nice. Excellent stuff.

on 12/14/2015 7:52:00 PM

Inexpensive, works great, widely available ... I would repurchase. Sometimes my hair is just blah & needs a little help:). It's fine and gets greasy quickly(if I wash the night before it's slightly oily when I wake up) and a quick spray of this in the AM works wonderfully 2 make my hair look like I just washed it. This Blush scent is very similar to Michael Kors EDP (my fav) but it's not that long lasting so it probably won't clash with any other scents you're wearing

on 2/25/2016 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Much like the original version of this dry shampoo, it did absolutely nothing for my hair except give it a strange powdery look and a waxy, powdery feel. I swear I follow the instructions exactly, but it always turns out the same. I really want to find a dry shampoo that works for my hair, but I'm beginning to think the Batiste ones aren't the way to go. Oh, and this one smelt way too strong too - it overpowered my perfume and smelt really synthetic.