Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent
Don't understand what all the fuss is about

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Batiste Blush is my favorite scent for dry shampoo. I can't believe I haven't written a review for it before. It's in a very appealing can (I liked the old,too). I can find it lots of places for excellent prices ($4.50-$6 for a large can. It smells soft & floral, as the Blush name would imply. Not overwhelming in the least in the fragrance. I have medium to dark brown hair & it barely shows once it's blended in. I just spritz a few times, let it sit, & massage my head w/a towel or paper towel. I brush through it, too. It adds body & voids the hair of oils & odors. It works equally well if I let it sit for a few seconds or a few minutes. My hair feels smooth & soft w/no icky residue & no straw like feeling or itch. I've tried other brands (Dove, Suave, & Herbal Essence) but always returned to the Batiste brand. I also love the Tropical scent by Batiste. I've even used this on 3rd Day hair in a pinch w/fantastic results.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I'm trying to not wash my hair everyday, because I've heard it's better for your hair.I'm still taking a shower with a cap on my hair though. Well, I'm now on my second day of no washing, and my hair doesn't look oily at all, but it does feel stiff from styling, and using hair spray. So, I found this at Tj Maxx, and after hearing good things about it on youtube, decided it was worth picking up for 5.99.

I can see how it works for some people, and it certainly adds volume! But I feel like I have 80's hair going on right now. And it was really hard to brush the white out. It changed my hair color from red to a light strawberry red, but I can still see a bit of greyish, pinkish stuff in my hair. I don't mind the light floral scent at all, and it's weird to me how that even bothered anyone really. Maybe, my nose is just perfume tolerant in general though.

I was okay with this stuff for the first two hours, and thought I could deal with 80's hair, but now my hair feels itchy and badly dry. Even my back feels itchy where some of it went down my shirt. I guess I didn't need this stuff after all. I think just using a bit of dusting powder or baby powder on my roots would probably do the exact same thing to my hair. I'm not going to re-buy this, and I might even take it back. I think this stuff might work very well on extremely dirty/oily hair, and maybe my hair just isn't there yet. I'm not sure, but I don't like it.

on 12/17/2013 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I am on my 6th can of this dry shampoo already and i don't know why I haven't done a review on this yet!

I wash my hair every other day and since I have oily roots, I need something to maintain my hair looking shine free and voluminous for a day. I lift my roots up, shake up the can and spray some onto my hair. I let that sit for about a few minutes so that it can soak up the oil, shake my hair to give some volume and brush out any remaining white cast with my fingers and I am done!

I have black hair and it does give some white cast but it is nothing too extreme that my fingers can't fix. This cost SGD$15.90 in Singapore for the large can. It lasts about 1 and half months before I need to get a new one.

Of all the scents that I own (I have tried the tropical, original, cherries, and the limited edition lace one), I still prefer this blush scent because it smells a bit sweet and florally to me and I really like it! At the end of the day, I can still smell the scent is I give my hair a shake since there will still be dry shampoo at the end of the day.

I do not need to retouch with this dry shampoo and I am really impressed.

Will continue to repurchase this because it is one of my holy grails! Already on my 6th large can if I haven't mentioned it ;) LOVE THIS STUFF

on 11/13/2013 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

General Batiste Dry Shampoo Review: I've used several in the past (Oscar Blandi, Tresemme, Suave, Salan Grafix, Psssst!, corn starch...) & this is an OK one. To date, I've never had a REALLY bad experience with dry shampoos. Sure, the Blandi clogged up super fast (design/packaging problem), and I wouldn't buy the Tresemme one again, but they're all about the same.

I think that the Batiste Dry Shampoos are a bit over-hyped. The only advantage Batiste has over PSSSST! is the scent varieties. But if you like to wear perfume like me, or dislike fragrances, then you'll probably be better off with PSSST!, which is $2 cheaper in my area.

This scent: I really enjoy floral perfumes, but this isn't what I like. At least it's not cloying or unpleasant. I would just rather go for the original or fresh scent instead. Plus, the scent goes away fast.

on 3/17/2013 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Why do people love this? My hair is very oily and I thought I would give this a shot. Ok yes it worked but it also gave my dirty blonde hair a whitish tint in the front so I looked like I was graying. It made my hair feel like i had hair spray in it and as a result my hair did not move and swing like normal. If the wind blew I was left with some funky farrah faucet 70's do. It made my head itch and made my hair prone to breakage, I will be returning this and going back to daily washing, which is the only way to go.

on 1/5/2013 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the first dry shampoo I've tried so I can't compare it to other brands. I wash my hair daily but I have quite an oily scalp which means I get greasy hair quite easily. I'm blonde and oily hair makes it look dull and dirty. I also have a bad habit of running my fingers through my hair all day!
I think this is an amazing product! As soon a I spray it on my hair it feels cleaner and oil free. Its as if the oils and dirt in my hair are sprayed away. It doesn't feel like there is any product building up on your hair.
I'm not crazy about the smell though, which is why only 4 stars, but I know there are other scents available.

Top Rated Dry Shampoo