Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent
Don't understand what all the fuss is about

on 10/29/2017 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Lets be honest - who has not heard of this brand before? Every since I got into styling my hair and using different products, Batiste has been mentioned again and again with mainly fabulous reviews. So, I recently started trying out different dry shampoos and decided to jump on the bandwagon and give this product a go. I was not disappointed at all.
I have naturally dark brown hair that tends to rock natural curls or straight locks if I feel like putting in the effort and like any person, washing my hair everyday is not possible. I went for the Blush version just because I was worried about the Brunette version being too light or too dark and Blush tends to be the one I see reviewed by people. First off, it took me a bit to get used to the scent since it does seem like it will be strong but when applied the scent softens a lot. To apply I typically will do this before I go to bed so the powders have time to work with the oils and because I am sometimes in too much of a rush in the mornings to remember to use it. So, I will first go to the areas where I notice my hair getting pretty oily and flat. I do make sure to shake the can quite a bit before I apply just to avoid having a white cast and then I spray it in the desired areas. Once that is done I will let it sit while I do another part of my evening routine and when I feel it has set enough, I will use my fingers or a brush to work it through. Aside from the occasional time, I don't experience much of a white cast and I don't look like someone who has dandruff which is always a plus especially with dark hair.
So, all in all, this is a pretty good product for the price point. I wish the can lasted longer but the product itself makes it worth the extra trips to the store. Also, if you are a dark haired person like me, as long as you shake the can and don't apply a thick layer of this, it will do wonders for your hair without making it look dirty.

This is my go-to dry shampoo! I prefer this scent to the original formula myself. I don't find it offensive at all, and it fades quickly. It's easy to spray, covers well, and soaks up any oil instantly! I do have to massage it in or else it makes my blonde hair look white. I could see it being a little too light for dark colored hair, but fine for blonde. By the end of the day I can get a little oily again, but this lasts the longest of any dry shampoo I've tried! They even carry it at Wal-Mart now which makes finding it much cheaper and easier.

I am English and I think the British packaging is preferable/prettier.

This has a nicer, sweeter scent than the original. Really quite pleasant.

I can very rarely have my hair washed as I have a chronic illness where I need to lie flat most the time. This does actually help my hair look less greasy.

It seems to work much better if you do several sprays and spray it all round on the underneath layers.

Definitely a good pproduct in my opinion if you use it in this way. My hait is REALLY greasy sometimes (Far more than a few days without washing) and it helps a bit for a few days even in these circumstances. It gves a nice shine too, but not overly shiny.

It is meant as a sort of touch up betwern washes really, so sometimes the day after, despite thoroughly rubbing it in and brushing through my hair my scalp retains some of the powder.

Best thing is its easy to apply and smells nice and you can get it in a few different sizes (in UK anyway).

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was really late in the game of trying this. I found mine at TJ Maxx for $5.99. So worth it. I have found I love this dry shampoo and prefer it over a few drugstore brands and one I found at Sally Beauty. This has a girly scent to it that I find really nice. This does have a long lasting fragrance, but it is not irritating at all. I have really oily roots that even after a wash I still have to use this. So I use this quite a bit and it does not fail me. I do a few shots of this, rub it in, and brush my hair. I can style my hair or I can flatiron my hair with no sticky residue left behind. I have been really impressed with how long one can has lasted me. I am most impressed though that this is a product I will be buying again especially at the $5.99 price point. This is a must use product for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hate it. I'd rather spend an extra pound and get a dry shampoo that isn't chalky and drying. I have a ton of fall out when brushing it through, it leaves a nasty colour to my light brown hair and the smell isn't very nice either. Received it for free from bzzagent and haaate it. Improved formula my bum! I'll stick to tressemme in the future.

on 5/13/2011 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really love this! I got mine at Sally's for about $7. I have to admit that I chose this one over the original one because of the pink can, it's adorable and sort of retro!
As for the product itself the smell is nice, it's not too strong and it doesn't stick with me throughout the day. It also makes my hair feel soft.
I asked my boyfriend if he thought my hair looked greasy or flat and he said that it looked like I'd washed it that day, so that's always good! All you have to do is make sure that you get all of the white residue massaged into your hair and you're good to go!