Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent
Don't understand what all the fuss is about

on 1/16/2013 11:14:00 AM

I have thin, fine, ashy-blonde hair. About six months ago, I moved from the West Coast to the East Coast and my hair has not adjusted well to the extremely hard water. Immediately after washing it, it looks lank and greasy--this is aggravated by my bangs! I've bought a shower water purifier, different shampoo, tried rinsing with ACV, all of which help but haven't resolved the problem. I bought this after reading reviews and hoping this would at least help my bangs. This stuff is great! I spray it in whenever my hair is looking a bit greasy, pat it down (I have wavy/curly hair, so I don't want to comb it) and away I go. I bought the Blush scent based on other reviews on MUA and I enjoy it. It's flowery and powdery but not overpowering, and lingers faintly after applying which I don't mind--however, I don't wear perfume, so I don't know if the scent would mix well with all perfumes. It took me awhile to find it (I ended up buying mine at Food Lion, a grocery store) but it was worth it. Look on the Batiste website for where to buy, because many of the big chains (Target, Walmart, Walgreens, beauty supply shops) don't have it.

I think that it is a bit expensive considering this stuff probably runs out pretty fast.

But I have very oily hair, like I really need to wash it every day, and sometimes if I wash it in the early evening it will look greasy the next morning. Yuck.

My solution was corn starch, but that got everywhere, and made my hair all starchy and white and stiff. Gross.

This stuff is quite good. I sprayed it in my roots, fluffed it up, and my hair felt all shiny and smooth, and not oily, once I brushed it out.

Plus I like the smell. And I didn't get any white chalky residue. It isn't as good as a real shampoo and conditioner wash, but it is also a lot less of a hassle so it is great for those times where you are going out at night and don't want to wash your hair twice in one day, or if you shower at night and wake up with greasy hair like I do.

Makes my hair feel all smooth and fresh, especially with a comb out and iron over.

But, I definitely do not think it truly washes so if you sweat I would definitely take a regular shower. It is just good for those touchups when your body is clean but you don't want to wash your hair excessively.

This product isn't so easily available near me, and I do think it is kind of expensive, at 9 dollars for a can that probably won't last too long but it definitely helps my hair.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far my favourite dry shampoo. I've been trying to find one that works for me, because I want to shampoo less to reduce damage and grow out my hair. A lot of them didn't seem to do anything, but this one really eliminates oil and doesn't leave any residue behind. It also has an amazing scent. I got a few cans of the travel-sized bottles from this Canadian beauty site ebeauty.ca (located here: http://bit.ly/qdVBWu) and it's great for when you have to go out straight after work. I also have bangs, which tend to get stringy and gross if I don't wash them every day, so this helps them look fresh all the time.

I've always been a fan of the dry shampoo idea but couldn't find one I liked. I tried the powders and sprays, tinted and original, scented and non, etc. They left my hair feeling dirty and looking dull, if not white! I heard some buzz about Batiste and figured, why not? Picked up a can of Blush at Ulta for $8 and gave it a go. Whoopie!!! Not only does it smell good but it's really workable and doesn't leave a white cast or heaviness in my hair. How have I overlooked this magic in a can for so long? Not sure, but I do now my search for a dry shampoo is over :)

Top Rated Dry Shampoo