Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent
Don't understand what all the fuss is about

So I have wanted a good dry shampoo for some time now. I tried Tresemme's but it sucked so bad. My roots get very oily, and my scalp also develops odor quite quickly. Batiste not only neutralized the oiliness, but it eliminated the odor and added volume to my roots! I have nothing bad to say about this product. The blush scent also smells nice. HG!
*******As for the white residue, simply rub your hair until the white fades completely or brush it with a boar bristled brush! Do not spray the can too close to your hair; the point is for the product to grab onto the hair evenly! I have black hair, and the white residue was not a problem because I'm always able to rub it off.*******

on 11/24/2011 8:35:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a nice smelling DS, however I have to use so much of it! It's cheap to start with (between $7-10 AU), BUT I was finding that I had to repurchase after every few uses, which makes it SO EXPENSIVE!!. On the positive side, it smells nice, works to remove oliy roots, and looks natural.(no white or powdery cast once hair been brushed a couple of times)

I wouldn't purchase again given the cost per use, and have since found my HG Fudge Dry Shampoo, which is around $15-17 AU, but lasts 3-4 weeks with multiple uses, so in comparison is way cheaper than Batise DS, which doesn't last me a week. Fudge dry shampoo works better than Batise and feels like it's cleaning my hair rather than just reoving oil, but I guess Batise offers better variety given the many fragrances and the brunette option too. I've used 'blush' and 'diva' and both smell lovely.

Anyway, I give this 3 as it does get rid of oily roots and smell nice, but the price per use is a HUGE downfall.

Here's a summary of the dry shampoos I've tried (and wouldn't buy again as long as my HG Fudge DS is around lol). Cedel's DS is top of this list of memorable ones as it was so HORRIBLE. I gor the one in the purple can and it smells disgusting (chemical smell that made me gag), and leaves a horrible white and unnaural cast (my mum and friend both noticed how weird my hair looked and they never normally say anything), so I threw it out after two uses. Lee Staddord's Poker Straight DS at least smells ok, but given the price (maybe $16-18 AU) and the fact that I also needed heaps of it to do the job, I wouldn't buy again (especially given my Fudge HG). Klorane was the first DS I used, and it was ok for the purpose, and smells ok, but I had to use quite a lot (it retails for around $12-15 AU).

In summary, if the fragrances on offer from Batise outway the unbelievably high cost per use, or you have brunette hair (they have a DS for brunette hair, but I haven't tried it, maybe Batise is the brand to try. If on the other hand you want an inexpensive cost per use DS that works just as well if not better than Batise, that cleans hair, looks natural and smells nice, try Fudge DS (it got a bad rating as 3 out of 5 reviews are bad- but give it a go).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this stuff! I have dark hair so I found a lot of dry shampoos showed up in my hair and looked like dandruff! I wasted some cash on the Oscar Blandi dry shampoo (super over priced!) before I heard about this.

I know some will find fault with the smell...I like the smell, I found the lemon original scent a little too strong, and this one fades more quickly. This seriously can take my hair from disgusting, sweaty and oily to picture perfect, and I have fine hair! It's super cheap and a can lasts forever, I love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

HG! This stuff is a GODSEND and very well be the only reason I'm able to make it to work on time on most days. I have a lot of fine hair that gets greasy if I don't wash it every day and the Batiste has spared me the luxury of going an extra day without washing/blow drying.

It works just like hairspray, you just spray your roots to absorb the oil and comb/brush as usual. This is a powder spray so it can turn your hair whitish if you get a little over zealous or too close but it goes away easily if you brush it out. There are a few scents available, Tropical, Original, Diva, Blush, etc. but I like Blush the best since it smells like a regular hair product, the others are a little over powering, especially the Diva. I purchase mine at Ulta but I've seen the Original Scent at Harmon Discount, Emiliani Beauty Supply, and Sally Beauty, the CVS stores near me do not carry it (NJ). It's about $6-7 anywhere I've seen it. One can lasts me about a month.

This is the first dry shampoo I have ever tried. I loved it. It has a strong smell which I was initially very turned off by, but it dissipates quickly. I didn't have any problem with white residue even though my hair is dark brown.

I spray this on my roots, wait a few mins then comb it out, as directed. I was amazed at how soft and clean it made my hair, with such little effort. Lots of volume, and did I say soft?

Definitely worth it if you are short on time and can't wash your hair normally. Will buy again! I don't even feel the need to try any other scents or brands!

This is only my second try at dry shampoo but so far I do like it. I have brown hair but it's very highlighted, when my hair is greasy it shows at the roots, for sure.

This takes away nearly all of the greasiness and although it has a scent it isn't cloying and it doesn't shout, "I didn't wash my hair!!!" like some dry shampoos... Ahem, suave.

So, for a mid range priced product, I think it was around $7 ay Ulta I say go for it.

on 10/27/2012 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The packaging and name makes it seem this will be a sweet scent. Its not that way but a rather strong smell like old fashioned hair products. Its "scent prohibitive" for me, so I can't use it.

The roots of my hair are not oily after I spray this product in, it also adds volume so thats a plus.. the only problem I have with this is the product is used up really fast, I only get about 12 uses out of it before its completely gone.

I couldn't get past the smell of this product.
I tried it in the store and the scent was too strong. If you get headaches or migraines from strong scents, don't buy this...
It smelled like flowery baby powder... But it was so strong! I made me slightly nauseated...
I feel like this scent will compete with my regular perfume.

on 7/25/2013 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like the smell and it's not too strong. This product does well on volume and making my hair look less greasy, but my hair feels kind of clay like afterwards. I have to wash it out at the end of the day. It's okay to use though, as long as I wash it out after

Top Rated Dry Shampoo