Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent

Filtered by age: 36-43
Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush Scent
Don't understand what all the fuss is about

3.4

on 9/17/2017 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

After years of hearing about this stuff I finally bought a can. Wow! It works wonderfully well! I don't like washing my hair more than twice a week if I'm able so this product helps me do that in a pinch. This stuff is especially helpful as a refresher for oily hair on hot summer days. The low price asking and the little amount needed is a great bargain. I am concerned though that something in this MAY, but I'm not quite sure yet, have caused my scalp to react because washing my hair the day after using this I had a ton off hair loss when washing my hair in the shower. I'll have to try it out again one more time, ya know for science(!), to make sure as it might just have been stress. The Blush scent is nice and not too flowery or fruity. Good product!

on 2/25/2016 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Much like the original version of this dry shampoo, it did absolutely nothing for my hair except give it a strange powdery look and a waxy, powdery feel. I swear I follow the instructions exactly, but it always turns out the same. I really want to find a dry shampoo that works for my hair, but I'm beginning to think the Batiste ones aren't the way to go. Oh, and this one smelt way too strong too - it overpowered my perfume and smelt really synthetic.

A luxury item I afford myself to have because this stuff is exceptional! I don't normally buy high end hair care, but I found 3 of these on an endcap of a walgreens in their clearance bin. Score!! I am on the 2nd bottle (naturally I bought all 3!), I've tried Batiste Original & Fresh, I like them equally as well as Blush & I normally will buy 2-3 cans at a time, finances permitting, because I love the scents of all 3 & it just keeps me from getting bored TBH. Not only is this perfume for your hair, it soaks up excess oil, & gives great volume. I spray my hair w the Batiste, then I schrunch it into my curls & then blast it on cool w my hair dryer. I've tried some other dry shampoos (Tresemmé, Not Your Mothers, Suave, et. al) & whilst Batiste is over hyped, it is worthy of the hype & very deserving of the high praise. I am usually unloyal to brands, but I am loyal to Batiste. Without a doubt the best dry shampoo that's ever graced my head! It smells like Coty Airspun loose powder, like roses & old lady lipsticks, which may be a turn off to some, but I find the scent very classy & feminine, it smells like Coach Poppy too! The scent may linger in ur hair which isn't pleasant to some ppl, but hey to me it sure beats the smell of dirty, sweaty JUST SOUR hair! It's got multi purposes for me; not only does it make my hair look better, it makes it smell better, it will take out cigarette smoke, BO, sweat, just anything rank it will mask. I dislike [okay HATE!!!] the smell of sour hair so I apply this liberally, but no one has commented on how good (or maybe bad?!!) my hair smells. I only wash it twice a week, so Batiste is the answer from Above to my prayers!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this dry shampoo. It is the best spray version of dry shampoo I've ever used, but still doesn't come close to my HG Oscar Blandi powder when it comes to totally getting rid of greases. I do like the scent and it's fairly reasonably priced. I also love that it almost never clogs and doesn't run after only a few uses like some aerosol dry shampoos. The problems I have with it are 1) it makes my scalp itch like crazy so I look like a crazy person with lice whenever I use it; and 2) it doesn't really add much volume or get rid of greases all that well. Another issue is that it's tough to come by in the states so I have to order it on eBay - luckily it's still pretty economical as it is a drugstore product. If you're brunette, I would avoid it -- it works on my blonde hair but does have a whitening effect. So overall it's an OK product that I occasionally use in addition to powder but it's nothing to write home about.

This is only my second try at dry shampoo but so far I do like it. I have brown hair but it's very highlighted, when my hair is greasy it shows at the roots, for sure.

This takes away nearly all of the greasiness and although it has a scent it isn't cloying and it doesn't shout, "I didn't wash my hair!!!" like some dry shampoos... Ahem, suave.

So, for a mid range priced product, I think it was around $7 ay Ulta I say go for it.

This is the first dry shampoo I have ever tried. I loved it. It has a strong smell which I was initially very turned off by, but it dissipates quickly. I didn't have any problem with white residue even though my hair is dark brown.

I spray this on my roots, wait a few mins then comb it out, as directed. I was amazed at how soft and clean it made my hair, with such little effort. Lots of volume, and did I say soft?

Definitely worth it if you are short on time and can't wash your hair normally. Will buy again! I don't even feel the need to try any other scents or brands!

PROS: Works so well. I spray at roots only and then tap with my hands to sort of work in. Absorbs excess oil well. As long as I tap it where I've sprayed, it doesn't leave white powdery film like others do (my root area is med. brown.)

CONS: Smell is a weird floral, almost like flowers with a gas station bathroom deodorizer scent mixed in. Told you...weird. Hope I didn't offend anyone who likes that scent (or make you not like it anymore.) ;-) This does run out quick, so I buy at least two cans when I got to Sally's Beauty Supply. Does leave just the lightest film of powder, but when I tap it in, it goes away easily and quickly.

APPLICATION TIPS: I only spray at the roots cause that's where I need it. ;-)

ALTERNATES: I much prefer the original scent, or even the tropical. **Now Suave makes a dry spray shampoo, and it's the best I've tried.