MAC #316 Covered Lip Brush

MAC #316 Covered Lip Brush

4.2

Great design for a little lip brush - retractable and very good for applying lipstick to get a really good line which is how I use it, then fill in with color

on 12/21/2016 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I love this little lip brush because it is very versatile and it comes with a little top that keeps it hygienic and from getting lip products all over your bag. I use mine when my twist-out lip balm and lipstick has gotten too low to rub over my lips. There's always a lot left in the tube and this brush makes it easier to use every last bit of product. I also use the brush to apply red and darker lipsticks. It helps the color blend smoothly with no patchy areas on my lips. I clean the brush with a fragrance-free soap and warm water. I rinse the brush thoroughly and pat out the excess water before allowing it to dry on a paper towel or clean wash cloth.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I personally think that using a lip brush can really help lipstick stay on longer. I usually use it first, then apply a little more lipstick, from the tube, on top. However, this brush is too small and it takes way too long to apply. I also agree that the fit for the top is not great and quite loose. I think there are much better options out there, although, this one does look good.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a perfect lip brush for your handbag. It is small, and the retractable mechanism can be worked with one hand. As for the brush itself it is good, but other full size lip brushes could do just as good or better a job. The top rating is because you can bring one shot of portable lip colour without having to bring your lipstick, the small size and workability - makes your handbg less crowded.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I am not a fan of lip brushes in general. I like the more intense colour of application straight from the tube and my lips seems to have a very clear shape and outline which doesn't require a brush.

Having said that, I bought this for applying non-tube application or when a tube has lost it's shape. While the cover is useful to protect the brush and everything else and can be conveniently screwed onto the bottom of the brush, I find it way too narrow and long. It's absolutely impossible to clean on the inside, so even if my brush is clean, who knows what other dirt is getting wiped off from the inside of the cover?

on 8/11/2013 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really like this brush, it distributes my lipstick evenly and its not flimsy like other lip brushes I have tried. I like that it has a paddle shape as opposed to others. It's excellent!

on 2/8/2010 6:43:00 PM

I would not recommend this, at all. The biggest problem for me is that the cap is SO LOOSE! It falls off when I store it in my purse and it doesn't stay on when I put it on the opposite end of the pencil when it's in use. Secondly, it doesn't apply my lip colors on evenly. The only good thing about this brush is that it has a cap - and that is the *only* reason why I'm keeping this *for the time being*. I swapped for this, thankfully.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

i have 2 of these brushes. one i keep in my make up bag in my pocket book and i do not have the problem with the cover comin off. i love it for blending my lipstick with the lip liner. i also have the SE one i use at home and it works great also

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wouldn't recommended this brush.. The lid/cap of this brush is very loose. It just slips off whenever i put it in my makeup bag. And the application isn't great. Not worth the money.

on 12/28/2011 1:26:00 AM

Another winner from MAC. A very nifty, versatile little brush!

This is marketed as a lip brush, but I've found it to be the best brush EVER for applying gel eyeliner. It is precise and neat without creating a harsh line. I've found that gel eyeliner applied with a wet 316 creates big, beautiful eyes.

This brush has definitely earned HG status for me (Along with quite a few other MAC brushes!) I would certainly repurchase if the need arose.