Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 50 Sensitive Skin

Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 50 Sensitive Skin
Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 50 Sensitive Skin

3.6

Active: Titanium Dioxide (5%), Zinc Oxide (3%), Other: Water, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Dimethicone, Silica, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Alumina, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, PEG-75 Stearate, Pentylene Glycol, Bisabolol, Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Chlorphenesin, Aluminum Stearate, Disodium EDTA, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Ceteth-20, Steareth-20, Dipropylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysorbate-60, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether Benzoate, BHT

on 7/5/2017 9:53:00 PM

I have extremely sensitive and acne prone skin, so finding an spf has been a many years long daunting task. I think this is finally the one. I've been wearing it for four days and it has not broken me out yet. Normally I will get breakouts after one use of a product that does not agree with me, sometimes after only a few hours. I've used this for a day at the beach and was not burned, granted I also used a mineral powder sunscreen on top of it that day just in case. The product is white and has a runny consistency, it smells like sunscreen but it's not obnoxious and it doesn't bother me, I am very pleased that it doesn't smell like perfume, that would just be irritating to my skin. After application my face doesn't turn red, which it usually does with most facial moisturizers, however I do feel a slight temporary burning sensation occasionally, but that may be because I use differin gel for acne and it can sensitize the skin. Either way I will continue to use it as I have to use spf, and all others break me out. I also don't notice any pooling, or patches, or dryness, paleness or anything else other reviewers complained about. It feels just like a silky lotion on my skin and sinks in quickly, it's not matte but i have very oily skin in general so I don't expect a lotion to leave me matte. I also wear this under makeup with no issues. I would recommend it to anyone with acne who thinks they can't use sunscreen.

on 6/24/2017 11:09:00 AM

I used this for a long time because I really like how Neutrogena seems to typically be a great brand for people with sensitive skin and acne, but it's caused me some grief and I'm finally giving up on it. It leaves a white residue in streaks all over my skin, and feels really greasy at first. For me it did absorb a bit, but eventually it just feels powdery and uncomfortable. The biggest problem I've had with it is the fact that nearly every time I use it, I feel itchy on my face, and see little bumps appear. I've checked the ingredients, and it's all stuff I've had in other skin care products that I do fine with, so I can't imagine I could be allergic to a sensitive skin formula, but somehow it just doesn't work for me. So disappointed.

I was so happy to find this sunscreen. I was contemplating buying Neutrogena's pure and free sunscreen with mineral SPF 50 online (because you can't find it anywhere else), but then saw this and the formula is nearly identical. I like it because the white cast is minimal (I have olive skin tone), it dries semi-matte, and it works exceptionally well under foundation. I use Loreal true match foundation which dries matte, which works well over this to reduce shine completely. The Loreal true match also has titanium dioxide in it for extra sun protection which I need for melasma issues. The tube of this is fairly small, but it's worth it for me. I'll continue to purchase.

on 5/29/2016 9:00:00 AM

Don't like this one.It goes on ok, but after about half an hour it looks all white and patchy which makes me feel that I'm not protected.It dosen't absorb at all, it just sits on the top of the skin.This definitely leaves a white cast. I wouldn't leave the house looking like this.It's not too bad under make up, but on it's own it's a mess.I don't understand how it is spf 50 , as my Paula's Choice mineral sunscreen has higher zinc oxide and is only rated 30.I'll use this up, but I would never buy this again.Back to Paula's Choice.It's hard to get a good mineral sunscreen and this certainly isn't one of them.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I bought this because it was spf 50 and labeled for sensitive skin. I found it to be a greasy lotion that left my face shiny, like really shiny. Hello, acne breakouts. I went back to Cerave spf 50 for face.

on 2/25/2016 8:03:00 AM

I really wanted to love this moisturizer. I have very sensitive, acne prone skin. I bought this moisturizer because I read amazing reviews and thought I'd give it a try. unfortunately, anytime I've used this lotion it leaves my face very red and blotchy and I wake up with break outs in the morning. Also, this product does not moisturize at all; I have since switched to using it as a hand lotion and it does not moisturize AT ALL. No wonder it didn't work for my face. If you're someone with sensitive, acne prone skin - I would highly recommend using Complex 15 Daily Face Cream. Its about $6 at Walmart and it works amazingly for my sensitive skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I use Retin-A and Duac (benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin) topically for my acne, and so I really need a good sunscreen. I was previously using Olay Sensitive moisturizer-suncreen spf15, which didn't sting my face (a lot of sunscreens do w/ Duac), but I wanted a higher spf sunscreen, and after recently finding out about PPD ratings, I found my Olay moisturizer too low in spf rating, but this Neutrogena healthy defense sensitive one was too low as well (spf=9-ish), AND it stung my face. This moisturizer goes on white and clings to the dry patches of skin on your face, so it looks like you caked on foundation. All throughout the day. flaky and uncool looking. can barely blend it in right. I'd recommend looking elsewhere if you have sun-sensitized skin, dry skin, and/or combination skin. There's plenty of formulas out there that can blend better and won't cling to your dry-patches.

on 11/2/2015 1:16:00 PM

UPDATE 8/13/16: I keep coming back to this somehow! It is a great moisturizer and has some nice priming abilities and a good finish. I do wish it had antioxidants and that it felt a little less heavy. I'm also not 100% sold on the SPF. It seems to me that I am freckling more than I used too. ORIGINAL REVIEW: I wanted to love this. It got good reviews here and at Paula's Choice. It's an all-physical sunscreen, which is what I've tried to stick with due to issues with Avobenzone and Oxybenzone. It's nicely hydrating so no need for additional moisturizer. It's not bad but I'm definitely not in love. Not sure yet if I will keep it for days when I'm outside all the time but I don't see using it every day. I find it rather heavy and mask-like and, if I wear it a couple of days in a row, I start to get irritation and congested pores around my nose, where I'm prone to perioral dermatitis. I'm having much better results with Olay Complete SPF30 more sensitive skin, which should give me adequate coverage for everyday wear, especially heading into winter in the Great Lakes area.

on 6/9/2015 5:15:00 AM

This is a fantastic drugstore find for dry, sensitive skins. Truly feels like skincare; goes on smoothly, leaving my skin plump and hydrated like a cream would. Does not cling to dry patches or flakes, a rarity with physical sunscreens, which is a testament to how great the formula is! Only leaves a minimal white cast on my olive skin, which is also rare. The finish isn't matte or dull, but rather satiny and brightening, like a hydrating primer. No fragrance, soothing, gentle, non-drying and easy to remove. Because of the low cost, I apply this very liberally which makes me feel well protected. I don't have one bad thing to say about it, I'm hooked!

on 4/3/2015 4:37:00 PM

I thought I would try this because I really need the high SPF, it seems to have gotten good reviews, and it is 1/3 of the price of the moisturizer I had been using. Frankly, I don't know how anyone can say this doesn't leave a white cast. I am super pale, an N/NW10-15, and the white cast is extremely noticeable even on me. I used a tiny amount on my nose, rubbed it in gently but vigorously, and even in a regular mirror without magnification, the white cast was. . .as obvious as the nose on my face. Makeup goes on streaky over it. It is just nightmarishly bad.