Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55 Helioplex

Filtered by eye Color : Green

2.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Genius, Neutrogena! I love this 2-in-1 product for everyday use -- saves me loads of time (and some $ too!). Stable SPF and foundation all in one, less greasy than 55 SPF alone, doesn't slip and slide all over your face, really lightweight. Edit 1/26/11 - Still loving this! I'm truly surprised and impressed with the coverage - doesn't sink into pores as I was expecting it to do, actually looks smooth and covers without looking heavy. I thought the best thing about this product was going to be the sun protection, but it actually is quite a nice performing daily foundation as well! I'm approx an NC 25 and I've been wearing the shade Nude (40). Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2.8%, Homosalate 8%, Octisalate 4%, Octocrylene 9%, Oxybenzone 4%...Inactive Ingredients: Isononyl isononanoate, silica, beeswax, mica, c-12-15 alkyl benzoate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, styrene/acrylates copolymer, polyethylene, diethylhexyl 2,6-napthalate, vp/hexadecene copolymer, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymere, dimethicone, acrylates/dimethicone copolymer, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, bisabolol, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, polymethyl methacylate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopheryl acetate, panthothenic acid, retinyl palimate, ascorbic acid. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

This has pretty much everything I want in a foundation-decent coverage, natural finish, doesn't break me out, and high, broad-spectrum, stable SPF. The only downside is that is can look slightly streaky when applied with the applicator, but when I apply with my fingers it's perfect. Will buy again.

First off I must say, this coverup is a bit expensive for the quality. Don't get me wrong, this makeup isn't trash by a long shot, but it really isn't that amazing. (Especially since I got it from Walmart for about 12 dollars.

Good Points:
Covers EXTREMELY WELL. You can't see anything under the places where you covered.
Looks good.
You can apply with your fingers.
Contains SPF.
Has an applying sponge.

Bad Points:
It burns a little when you put it on chapped skin. My upper skin right by my right eye is a bit pimply and chapped, and when I put on the cover up it does burn.
You have to put it on just right or it streaks.
Feels a bit heavy. /:

So bottom line, it's an ok cover up if you're on a pretty tight budget, HOWEVER if you can manage to spend a little more, there's definitely a better product out there.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I like the structure and ease of the compact, the fact that it has good UVA/UVB ingredients, and its natural finish. However, this does tend to exacerbate oilies midday and definitely sits in pores. Even though it is a sheer finish, it doesn't really absorb into skin well enough to sit well under loose powder. I noticed that it laid on skin midday and looked patchy especially in oily places and my pregnant winter skin is fairly dry right now. I could see the it in the pores, but that could also be that the colors are not neutral enough. So this won't be an option for the warmer months when the spf & powder will really be necessary. I am returning it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Greasy. And weird. I have very dry skin and yet this still makes me look like a greasball, and I happen to like a dewy look. Not a lot of coverage, and like someone else said, powder only takes down the shine for about three minutes. It also accentuates pores and dry skin. Not a fan of this one, needless to say.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I originally saw this at CVS and figured with how greatly it was packaged, it would be a good product (especially since it was a whole $14!). However, when I put it on, my skin looked the absolute same than before I put it on, except lighter and more streaky. Barely provided any coverage, even with insane amounts used. Makes skin feel smooth, but after a little while it feels a bit more greasy.. It looks a lot darker than it actually is. I bought it matching the exact color to my facial tones, but the actual color turned out being much, much lighter when applied. I will not buy this product again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is the worst garbage for those with oily skin. Stay away!

I don't know how anyone has made this work for them - it's some of the worst foundation I've ever used. Even with primer on, it just sits on top of my skin. And if I try to blend it, it just comes off altogether and leaves red patches on my face. I got this at a close out store in NYC and now I know why it was sent there, it's awful.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

If I could rate this a zero I would! No coverage, no lasting power, it feels heavy, turns orange. Eww. Overall horrible. Save your money!!

Pros:
Cannot think of any other than the sponge that does make application easy

Cons:
-Packaging - Weird packaging that flips open upside down
-BURNT my skin when applied - I did some research and saw this happened to other people using Neutrogena products with sunscreen due to an ingredient called Oxybenzone -Tried applying over a primer to see if it would not burn and the burning sensation was less but then my face looked like an oil slick
-Sat on top of skin and made pores look terrible by having product pool in pores

Would not recommend for anyone or buy again - This one needs to be taken off the shelves!

Popular Crème Foundations