Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55 Helioplex

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

2.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased before reading any of the reviews and now that I have I felt very scared to try this as I have super greasy, acne prone skin. I have the shade Natural Ivory that ended up working really well with my yellow skin despite the reviews stating that it leans very cool toned. The coverage is a light medium but evens out my skin time beautifully and covers all of my redness. It went on with the included sponge pretty streaky as the formula is super creamy but after some careful blending it sunk into the skin really well. Using my regular primer combination, powder of choice and setting spray this lasted really well without getting overly greasy or really patchy although as with any foundation touch ups are a must. This does have a strong sunscreen smell but doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I wouldn't wear this in photos though as the high sunscreen amount will cause major flashback. For a day to day look that is easy to throw on and actually evens the skintone this is a gem in the drugstore.

Awful product! Incredibly greasy on my skin,overpriced,settled into pores,transfers like crazy,settled into lines and did absolutely nothing to improve my skin. I only gave it one lippie because the shade, Classic Ivory matched good. However that isn't enough to rate well and if I could give this mess a zero, I would.

I actually just got this product. Freaking love it. I have an oily T-zone and dry cheeks. It works out for my skin. I avoid applying on my forehead, but I sometimes do by accident. I haven't broken out yet:-) I recommend neutrogena for teenagers like myself:-)
I do think it's a bit overpriced however I love the packaging.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Horrible product dried my skin out especially under my eyes. Broke me put in some places. Horrible. Love only the coverage

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I decided to experiment and instead of continuing with the usual Healthy Skin Enhancer I always get, I wanted to try out the Compact Makeup's new texture, more opaque coverage, and higher SPF.

Firstly, I was pleasantly surprised with the tone of Nude 40, I had just put on a tan after moving back to Florida and was worried about darker foundations having a pink undertone, but Nude 40 has just the right amount of yellow for my olive skin. Secondly, the opacity and longevity of the color was also spot on, considering I was aiming for this to be an apply once-in-the-morning-then-go type of thing. As for the SPF? It's hard to make an immediate opinion on this since you'd probably need a UV camera to properly assess whether you've gotten more sun damage or not but I'll give the benefit of the doubt about the SPF 55 working better than the SPF 20 Healthy Skin Enhancer. It doesn't really matter unless you're outside for more than 20min at a time I believe, so if you're just flitting between work, car, restaurant, etc it's not a big deal.

So why the low rating? Ugh, just the texture and the way it reacts with my skin. I was already skeptical about the paste medium and how it would do on my oily skin, but I willingly went into this. I have pore issues on my nose and cheek area under my eyes, and let me tell you as it went on, it seemed satiny and smooth. However after about half an hour every little pore seemed to have a minuscule, skin colored "flake" from the foundation. Really hid the pores in the same way holding a tree branch in front of you works as camouflage. I also got really shiny -not- in the angelically dewy way, but Florida humidity is a little difficult to beat, and I'm too lazy to worry about touch ups or blotting paper so I'll let that slide. I've also developed a couple hard black heads/break outs from this switch and I know Neutrogena likes to be comedogenic so that's been confusing (mind you, I use an exfoliating scrub every morning and night).

Considering everything, I'd recommend this to someone with perfectly moisture balanced, marble-smooth skin. So if you know how to get your skin to that level and just need the color coverage and sun protection, buy it! I'm weary about recommending this for older skin because of the way it "flakes" out of the pores, it might flake in wrinkles and end up exaggerating them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

Wonderful texture, melts on your skin, SPF 55 is great, especially if you have rosacea, like me. Shade 60 Natural Beige works very well with my Pantone summer skin. So I give it 5 stars for doing what is supposed to do: protect you from the sun, not exacerbate acne, and provide moderate coverage without drying or being excessively oily. It combines well with powder if you like a more matte look. Make sure your skin is smooth, not flaky because it will get trapped in the flakes, however it does not get trapped in pores, and does not accentuate them..
However, I took 3 stars off the packaging because the plastic compact hinge broke, and I was reduced to using a plastic band to keep it together. Messy, though. Also, I never used the sponge, used my fingers instead.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

First off - as is typical for Neutrogena foundations/base make-up for me, there isn't a shade available that matches my yellow-toned NC20 skin. I tried #20 Natural Ivory, #30 Buff and #40 Nude. Natural Ivory is ok but a bit too pink/light, Buff and Nude are too peach and oxidise too dark.

Other than that, I found this thick, drying, yet greasy. It smells strongly of sunscreen which I don't really like but could deal with if the product was good. But it's not. It's difficult to blend and looks so gross and cakey. Feels super heavy and unnatural. It's like applying wax and Elmer's glue to your face. No thanks. Returned. I'm not even sure what skin type this could work for, if any.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

i purchased this in the color natural beige 60 for about 15$ at Walmart which is very overpriced for this product that barely even last and is poorly made. (or at least for my skin) When you open the compact there is a mirror and then under the mirror is a foam applicator. Looking from the outside of the compact it looks very creamy and smooth but when i opened it looked the complete opposite. I don't know if it was just mine or all of them are like this but it looks like it has little chunks of something in it and no matter how much you rub it around inside they stay chunky however when you rub it in on your skin these small "chunks" disappear. I bought this product because i was going on vacation to the beach and i wanted a makeup with spf in it so that when i go out to eat or anywhere i wont get sunburnt more, i noticed i started getting acne and after wearing this foundation for a while it would get streaky and come off in some areas and my face would be SUPER shiny. however i thought this was just because i was near the beach and it was because of the sun BUT when i got home i tried it again and it did the same thing. It also made my skin more dry making it look more cakey. i really do hate this product and feel as though cheaper products could have done a far more better job than this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This had no lasting power, was streaky when applied with the sponge it comes with, and really clogged my pores. The most unfortunate thing was that I hit pan after only two weeks of using it, and it was something like $14 or $15. I was so disgusted I just threw it in the garbage. Never again.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

This is a terrible product. It does not blend very well, it feels heavy, but it isn't moisturizing. It applies streaky with the sponge given, and it wasn't any better with my fingers or a brush. The coverage was good, I'll give it that. It covered my redness for the whole day, but I felt like I wore a mask on my face. That must've been the reason why my cheeks were bright red and burning when I took off the foundation a couple of hours later. I would not recommend this for sensitive skin. I thought my sensitive skin was gone since I haven't had a flare up or terrible irritation with really anything, but winter must have something to do with it. My face was so irritated for a week. I thought I broke out, but it was just a reaction. I give it two lippies because I did like the coverage, but everything else is awful. The funny thing is that now I'm using the Neutrogena Gentle skin cleanser and skin cream which completely cleared my redness and irritation in one day. Oh the irony.