Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55 Helioplex

Filtered by hair type : Straight

2.4

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased before reading any of the reviews and now that I have I felt very scared to try this as I have super greasy, acne prone skin. I have the shade Natural Ivory that ended up working really well with my yellow skin despite the reviews stating that it leans very cool toned. The coverage is a light medium but evens out my skin time beautifully and covers all of my redness. It went on with the included sponge pretty streaky as the formula is super creamy but after some careful blending it sunk into the skin really well. Using my regular primer combination, powder of choice and setting spray this lasted really well without getting overly greasy or really patchy although as with any foundation touch ups are a must. This does have a strong sunscreen smell but doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I wouldn't wear this in photos though as the high sunscreen amount will cause major flashback. For a day to day look that is easy to throw on and actually evens the skintone this is a gem in the drugstore.

I love this hidden gem. It applies smoothly and flawlessly Thanks to the H/plex. I have great skin and this only enhances it even more. The H/plex fills in any wrinkles and softens fine lines, I really love this addition to the Foundation. I do not use a powder with this as it provides a demi-glow to my skin. I use Hula bronzer and Chanel Glossimer in Unity. Looks beautiful and I am happy with this foundation. Rite Aid $10.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I came across this product at Walgreen's yesterday. It was on sale for $10 and I liked the idea of Helioplex which my derm recommended highly. I've applied the product both ways, with my fingers and using the sponge that comes with it. I like its lightness, the fact that it covers quite well without feeling thick, it has only the slightest bit of shimmer to it which is great for my "mature" skin and best of all, the 30 (Buff) matches my skin tone exactly which is a very rare thing! Plus the price is incredible. I have a number of far more expensive foundations, but this is my new favorite. Yes, I'd buy it again, absolutely.

I love this because it provides medium coverage that I need in the summer and a bit of moisture for my combination skin. It does transfer, but I found that it has staying power as long as you don't touch your face. (I also use Lancome's Teint Indole on days when my skin is super oily.)

Pros: good for combination skin, better sun protection, no fragrance, sheer to medium coverage
Con's: don't like the packaging (ugly), small amount of product for price, color range is limited

Application:
I apply toner to my face (Algenist), and sunblock (Replenix Sheer Physical Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 50 Plus) and let it dry. (I also reviewed Replenix.) Then I apply a minimal amount of the foundation with my fingers, gently spreading it out on my face. I apply a bit more in some areas that aren't prone to creasing. You can smooth it into your pores with a bit of moisture, which other reviewers pointed out. This was a game changer for me! I mist my face with toner and gently smooth out the coverage with my fingers. Doing this will sheer out the coverage a bit. Sometimes I use a finishing power (nyx HD) I am about nc25/30 and wear Nude (which is a bit more warm) Buff matches my skin tone. Ulta has the entire color line while some drug stores only carry a few colors in store.

About my skin:
My skin is combination: oily (to very oily) skin that tends to have a dry surface. I have small areas of larger pores. My skin is generally break out free. I use foundation to cover minor uneven skin tone and make my complexion more warm toned.

This is what I use when I'm in a hurry in the morning. I like that it is easy to apply, even though the coverage is more like a tint than a foundation. I do have somewhat oily skin and I'll blot during the day, but the foundation seems to wear well. It feels moist going on and takes some time to feel dry, but it works for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this because I am an SPF freak, although I never depend on my foundation for sole protection, and despite the SPF 55 factor, I wouldn't with this - you'd have to apply TONS of it. As other reviewers noted, it seemed to disappear. It did the same on me. My skin is freckly, sensitive, and dry, so I like creme foundations with a dewy finish and was pleased that this didn't leave a powdery finish, but it did seem to disappear. I'll carry it around in my bag in the summer for touchups and extra protection, but I would definitely still apply sunscreen underneath.

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I wanted this to work badly, but unfortunately, this foundation left me looking like I put lard on my face after only 2 hours. =( I liked the fact that it has a high spf to it and the finish was a natural dewy look but too bad its no good for oily skin. I bought this at Rite Aid (while I was visiting the US) for $13.99 and bought it in the shade Natural Beige (60) (around NC30-35 at the moment) but it was slightly too dark. I think 50 was a bit too pink and 40 may have been a touch too light.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

This is a terrible product. It does not blend very well, it feels heavy, but it isn't moisturizing. It applies streaky with the sponge given, and it wasn't any better with my fingers or a brush. The coverage was good, I'll give it that. It covered my redness for the whole day, but I felt like I wore a mask on my face. That must've been the reason why my cheeks were bright red and burning when I took off the foundation a couple of hours later. I would not recommend this for sensitive skin. I thought my sensitive skin was gone since I haven't had a flare up or terrible irritation with really anything, but winter must have something to do with it. My face was so irritated for a week. I thought I broke out, but it was just a reaction. I give it two lippies because I did like the coverage, but everything else is awful. The funny thing is that now I'm using the Neutrogena Gentle skin cleanser and skin cream which completely cleared my redness and irritation in one day. Oh the irony.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Was on a hunt for makeup for winter for my dry skin. Thought to try this. I'm about nc 40/42 and picked up shade natural beige 60 (a bit too light). Maybe fresh beige 70 or even 80 would've been better. I have dry skin and thought a cream foundation would be best for winter, but nope not this. I like the liquid version and since I was out, thought I would try this one. This will accentuate dry patches, is not long lasting, but it is lightweight. Good uva-uvb protection, but not really good for medium-full coverage. Packaging is nice, just wish this would've worked for me or just as good as the liquid version...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So I've been using this for about a week & I think it's a pretty good product. You can tell it's meant for drier skins, but powder foundations didn't seem to have enough coverage for me & I wanted to try something new. When applying, it can look streaky but you can smooth it out. Surprisingly, it gave a lot of coverage, especially on my blemishes. Your face starts out looking dewy, but after a while, because I have oily skin & the weather is warm, it starts getting oily. I would recommend a light powder to set the oilier parts of your face. I got this at Target & it matches my skin pretty well, it feels extremely light and hasn't irritated my skin yet. I will be using this for a while :).
EDIT: Still loving this product! I have acne scars in addition to acne :/ & it covers it well. Only thing is that my skin looks paler than my body in pictures; maybe its the SPF?
EDIT2: I don't use Neutrogena foundations anymore. I find they make my skin too oily and they're actually pretty pink to me. Oh well, trials and errors.