Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55 Helioplex

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

2.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

Wonderful texture, melts on your skin, SPF 55 is great, especially if you have rosacea, like me. Shade 60 Natural Beige works very well with my Pantone summer skin. So I give it 5 stars for doing what is supposed to do: protect you from the sun, not exacerbate acne, and provide moderate coverage without drying or being excessively oily. It combines well with powder if you like a more matte look. Make sure your skin is smooth, not flaky because it will get trapped in the flakes, however it does not get trapped in pores, and does not accentuate them..
However, I took 3 stars off the packaging because the plastic compact hinge broke, and I was reduced to using a plastic band to keep it together. Messy, though. Also, I never used the sponge, used my fingers instead.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I want to like this, and the finish is nice, but it makes my skin feel like it burns. Will be returning it. :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is possibly the most horrible foundation I've I ever spent money on! It went on very streaky/cakey & after a few hours of wearing it my face looked and felt like an oil slick.. NEVER again

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I am surprised at all of the bad reviews of this product! I have very oily skin and I apply this SPARINGLY, as it is NOT buildable. I finish with a dust of Neutrogena shine control powder and I get a beautiful, smooth, natural finish that looks like I'm not even wearing any makeup. If you use too much, it will be a streaky mess. I just dab the sponge on the makeup creme and swipe once over my face and I'm done. I have to agree that the set-up of the compact makes no sense. It's like upside down. Other than that, I think it's a great product, but not really a "foundation." Also, the actual color is much lighter than it looks in the compact. I am NC25-30 and Nude-40 is perfect for me. UPDATE: I've decided this is too greasy for someone with oily skin like me. It just didn't last long enough and I was shiny less than an hour after applying it. I gave it to my Mom who has dry skin and it looks great on her and lasts all day..

Bought the lightest color and ended up looking not just slightly darker, but completely orange. So disappointed. Would not recommend, unless you like the oompa loompa look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Loved the SPF 55, but I just couldn't get the oily sheen off my face after using this product. Powder was only a temporary fix. I've got naturally-oily skin w/a history of acne. The "Natural Beige 60" color matched my NC42 skin tone well. This foundation didn't break me out, but I just don't have time to blot/powder every 30 min.

I'd recommend it to people w/naturally dry skin, as it's kind of greasy from the get-go.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

was looking for another creme foundation because the one i had was making me break out and picked this up. first things first, it's waaaay too light/yellow toned for my skin. i think this might've been because of the crappy in-store lighting. not so bad with a darker toned powder over it, though.
the pros are that it's very easy to blend and the finish is natural looking & very buildable. however, it has a tendency to sink into lines, and it drew tons of attention to some dry flaky patches on my cheeks that weren't visible at all before. i had to remove all my makeup and exfoliate the crap out of my face before i could get it to look okay...never really had that problem before with other foundations.

unless you have perfect skin with no issues like dryness or acne or wrinkles (in which case you wouldn't really need foundation anyways), i'd probably skip this foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So I've been using this for about a week & I think it's a pretty good product. You can tell it's meant for drier skins, but powder foundations didn't seem to have enough coverage for me & I wanted to try something new. When applying, it can look streaky but you can smooth it out. Surprisingly, it gave a lot of coverage, especially on my blemishes. Your face starts out looking dewy, but after a while, because I have oily skin & the weather is warm, it starts getting oily. I would recommend a light powder to set the oilier parts of your face. I got this at Target & it matches my skin pretty well, it feels extremely light and hasn't irritated my skin yet. I will be using this for a while :).
EDIT: Still loving this product! I have acne scars in addition to acne :/ & it covers it well. Only thing is that my skin looks paler than my body in pictures; maybe its the SPF?
EDIT2: I don't use Neutrogena foundations anymore. I find they make my skin too oily and they're actually pretty pink to me. Oh well, trials and errors.

I bought this because of the level of spf, i thought it would be great for my skin. But when i put it on i hated the texture. It has a weird nasty hard texture and doesnt blend very well. Its very thick and gets greasy. I would never buy this again.

This has pretty much everything I want in a foundation-decent coverage, natural finish, doesn't break me out, and high, broad-spectrum, stable SPF. The only downside is that is can look slightly streaky when applied with the applicator, but when I apply with my fingers it's perfect. Will buy again.