Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55 Helioplex

Filtered by skin type : Dry

3.0

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

If I could rate this a zero I would! No coverage, no lasting power, it feels heavy, turns orange. Eww. Overall horrible. Save your money!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have dry skin, especially around my eyes and mouth. I usually don't use cream foundations, but this one seemed like it would be good because of the high SPF. Unfortunately, I absolutely hate it. It felt incredibly thick when I put it on, and the feeling didn't go away. Also, it settled into the fine lines around my mouth and made my dry skin look even more patchy and flaky than it is. I used it for about a week, and by the end of the week I noticed that my face was even more dry than when the week began. Also, it made my face break out terribly. I don't know about other skin types, but if you tend to have dry skin, I would not recommend this product. I'll be returning this as soon as possible ad continuing my search for a good drugstore foundation for dry skin.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Was on a hunt for makeup for winter for my dry skin. Thought to try this. I'm about nc 40/42 and picked up shade natural beige 60 (a bit too light). Maybe fresh beige 70 or even 80 would've been better. I have dry skin and thought a cream foundation would be best for winter, but nope not this. I like the liquid version and since I was out, thought I would try this one. This will accentuate dry patches, is not long lasting, but it is lightweight. Good uva-uvb protection, but not really good for medium-full coverage. Packaging is nice, just wish this would've worked for me or just as good as the liquid version...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've been using Neutrogena Healthy Skin liquid makeup for over a year now, and once I got the color right (all the lighter shades I've tried seem to go on even lighter than they look in the bottle) it has worked really well. And I love the SPF!

When I went to purchase another bottle, there was a buy-one-get-one offer, so on a whim I picked up this compact makeup in the same shade I use in the liquid. I was not disappointed. The shade was just as true to my skin tone as the liquid was in the same shade.

It isn't as moisturizing as the liquid, obviously, but it was not at all cakey nor too heavy, and the SPF factor is higher. This compact foundation is easy to apply, and the included sponge does a good job. It definitely evens out my skin tone and leaves a nice semi-matte finish, not as dewy as the liquid version. So far, it has not caked, or settled into fine lines, or streaked as my face gets more oily towards the end of the day. Your mileage may vary depending on your skin type.

I think the previous reviewer really made some excellent points. Good packaging (although it is a bit tricky) that will NOT come open unexpectedly in your makeup bag or purse. It works well for touchups, doesn't moisturize but doesn't accentuate my dry spots, as long as I have properly exfoliated and moisturized prior to applying this foundation. Love the SPF 55, but I wouldn't rely on that alone, and I always use an SPF moisturizer or base before applying makeup. With the liquid version of this foundation, I always need a powder to set it, but with the compact version, I can see skipping the powder. The application is a bit drier than the liquid form, which makes sense. This particular compact foundation doesn't leave glistening streaks of silicone as I smooth it on, which is a relief, since a lot of compact makeups just seem to either dry me out or soak me in silicone.

I can totally see taking this with me when I go out or travel because it is quick and easy and gives good results without being too heavy or cakey or greasy, and it is totally portable and self contained. I would purchase this again, but still won't give up the same product in liquid form. Both are very good products that I enjoy using. Another win for Neutrogena!

Bought this product three days ago and absolutely love it!! It glides on my face just perfectly using the sponge applicator. Love the way it feels and looks on my skin. The big plus is that its a foundation which contains SPF of 55, and it looks so natural!! I will definitely buy it again!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this compact, it does not break me out, after 2 days of using this, it made my skin smother and cleared up a few blemishes that were starting to pop up. I don't care for the package but great sunscreen protect-ant.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this because I am an SPF freak, although I never depend on my foundation for sole protection, and despite the SPF 55 factor, I wouldn't with this - you'd have to apply TONS of it. As other reviewers noted, it seemed to disappear. It did the same on me. My skin is freckly, sensitive, and dry, so I like creme foundations with a dewy finish and was pleased that this didn't leave a powdery finish, but it did seem to disappear. I'll carry it around in my bag in the summer for touchups and extra protection, but I would definitely still apply sunscreen underneath.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I agree with the comments of the joey_s below.This is a suprisingly good little compact! Additionally, this is and ideal find for those with normal/dry skin. I am not sure how it will do with oilies. It did go on very "wet" and gave a nice healthy glow. The coverage is sheer to medium and buildable if you need more. I used my Sephora airbrush (#55?) and dabbed it into the compact and lightly buffed it in to my skin for a flawless look. It feels great on my dry, winter skin and the color (Classic Ivory 10) is perfect for my NC15/20 tone. I just wish they had more options for gals with deeper skintone. Only downside, I did see that it sank into my pores a little bit and had a slight "plasticy" smell...will update later if my skin reacts negatively.

Popular Crème Foundations