Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55 Helioplex

2.6

I don't understand the bad reviews?! This is not for oily skin, however. I generally like cream to powder foundations; I like the ease of use & medium coverage. This has high spf too. Win

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased before reading any of the reviews and now that I have I felt very scared to try this as I have super greasy, acne prone skin. I have the shade Natural Ivory that ended up working really well with my yellow skin despite the reviews stating that it leans very cool toned. The coverage is a light medium but evens out my skin time beautifully and covers all of my redness. It went on with the included sponge pretty streaky as the formula is super creamy but after some careful blending it sunk into the skin really well. Using my regular primer combination, powder of choice and setting spray this lasted really well without getting overly greasy or really patchy although as with any foundation touch ups are a must. This does have a strong sunscreen smell but doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I wouldn't wear this in photos though as the high sunscreen amount will cause major flashback. For a day to day look that is easy to throw on and actually evens the skintone this is a gem in the drugstore.

I love this hidden gem. It applies smoothly and flawlessly Thanks to the H/plex. I have great skin and this only enhances it even more. The H/plex fills in any wrinkles and softens fine lines, I really love this addition to the Foundation. I do not use a powder with this as it provides a demi-glow to my skin. I use Hula bronzer and Chanel Glossimer in Unity. Looks beautiful and I am happy with this foundation. Rite Aid $10.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

Wonderful texture, melts on your skin, SPF 55 is great, especially if you have rosacea, like me. Shade 60 Natural Beige works very well with my Pantone summer skin. So I give it 5 stars for doing what is supposed to do: protect you from the sun, not exacerbate acne, and provide moderate coverage without drying or being excessively oily. It combines well with powder if you like a more matte look. Make sure your skin is smooth, not flaky because it will get trapped in the flakes, however it does not get trapped in pores, and does not accentuate them..
However, I took 3 stars off the packaging because the plastic compact hinge broke, and I was reduced to using a plastic band to keep it together. Messy, though. Also, I never used the sponge, used my fingers instead.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm not sure why this product has bad reviews. I do have dry skin so maybe that's it. However, this product made me look and feel like a supermodel! Never have I had a foundation that made my skin so flawless. Great packaging with a mirror, sponge applicator, and foundation. To die for. Must have.

I bought this last summer and was thinking that I need a new one since Spring is here and I'll be outdoors more. I go hiking and walking in the warmer weather and need a good sunscreen in my makeup, especially if I'm not wearing sunscreen underneath. I've been leaning towards cream makeup, though I love the convenience and feel of powder/mineral makeup. My skin is getting drier and this feels nice and moisturizing. I tried the natural ivory shade and it worked well for my fair, cool-toned skin. I haven't worn it in direct sun for hours so I don't know how it holds up with the 55 spf. I haven't noticed sun damage with casual use. My ex-husband saw me walking with this on and zoomed in close and said "You look good for an old lady". Gee, thanks I guess. I suppose that's a positive testimonial for the makeup.

Bought this product three days ago and absolutely love it!! It glides on my face just perfectly using the sponge applicator. Love the way it feels and looks on my skin. The big plus is that its a foundation which contains SPF of 55, and it looks so natural!! I will definitely buy it again!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I came across this product at Walgreen's yesterday. It was on sale for $10 and I liked the idea of Helioplex which my derm recommended highly. I've applied the product both ways, with my fingers and using the sponge that comes with it. I like its lightness, the fact that it covers quite well without feeling thick, it has only the slightest bit of shimmer to it which is great for my "mature" skin and best of all, the 30 (Buff) matches my skin tone exactly which is a very rare thing! Plus the price is incredible. I have a number of far more expensive foundations, but this is my new favorite. Yes, I'd buy it again, absolutely.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Genius, Neutrogena! I love this 2-in-1 product for everyday use -- saves me loads of time (and some $ too!). Stable SPF and foundation all in one, less greasy than 55 SPF alone, doesn't slip and slide all over your face, really lightweight. Edit 1/26/11 - Still loving this! I'm truly surprised and impressed with the coverage - doesn't sink into pores as I was expecting it to do, actually looks smooth and covers without looking heavy. I thought the best thing about this product was going to be the sun protection, but it actually is quite a nice performing daily foundation as well! I'm approx an NC 25 and I've been wearing the shade Nude (40). Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2.8%, Homosalate 8%, Octisalate 4%, Octocrylene 9%, Oxybenzone 4%...Inactive Ingredients: Isononyl isononanoate, silica, beeswax, mica, c-12-15 alkyl benzoate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, styrene/acrylates copolymer, polyethylene, diethylhexyl 2,6-napthalate, vp/hexadecene copolymer, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymere, dimethicone, acrylates/dimethicone copolymer, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, bisabolol, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, polymethyl methacylate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, tocopheryl acetate, panthothenic acid, retinyl palimate, ascorbic acid. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

I love this because it provides medium coverage that I need in the summer and a bit of moisture for my combination skin. It does transfer, but I found that it has staying power as long as you don't touch your face. (I also use Lancome's Teint Indole on days when my skin is super oily.)

Pros: good for combination skin, better sun protection, no fragrance, sheer to medium coverage
Con's: don't like the packaging (ugly), small amount of product for price, color range is limited

Application:
I apply toner to my face (Algenist), and sunblock (Replenix Sheer Physical Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 50 Plus) and let it dry. (I also reviewed Replenix.) Then I apply a minimal amount of the foundation with my fingers, gently spreading it out on my face. I apply a bit more in some areas that aren't prone to creasing. You can smooth it into your pores with a bit of moisture, which other reviewers pointed out. This was a game changer for me! I mist my face with toner and gently smooth out the coverage with my fingers. Doing this will sheer out the coverage a bit. Sometimes I use a finishing power (nyx HD) I am about nc25/30 and wear Nude (which is a bit more warm) Buff matches my skin tone. Ulta has the entire color line while some drug stores only carry a few colors in store.

About my skin:
My skin is combination: oily (to very oily) skin that tends to have a dry surface. I have small areas of larger pores. My skin is generally break out free. I use foundation to cover minor uneven skin tone and make my complexion more warm toned.