Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55 Helioplex

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

2.4

I love this hidden gem. It applies smoothly and flawlessly Thanks to the H/plex. I have great skin and this only enhances it even more. The H/plex fills in any wrinkles and softens fine lines, I really love this addition to the Foundation. I do not use a powder with this as it provides a demi-glow to my skin. I use Hula bronzer and Chanel Glossimer in Unity. Looks beautiful and I am happy with this foundation. Rite Aid $10.

I actually just got this product. Freaking love it. I have an oily T-zone and dry cheeks. It works out for my skin. I avoid applying on my forehead, but I sometimes do by accident. I haven't broken out yet:-) I recommend neutrogena for teenagers like myself:-)
I do think it's a bit overpriced however I love the packaging.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

PLEASE READ FOR YOUR SAFETY: This product contains oxybenzone which is a PHOTOCARCINOGEN. This means that when it is exposed to sunlight it become more toxic. Be aware of this- it is one of the main active ingredients!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is possibly the most horrible foundation I've I ever spent money on! It went on very streaky/cakey & after a few hours of wearing it my face looked and felt like an oil slick.. NEVER again

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

How in the world do you get this out of the compact? I literally had to DIG to get it out, and that would only cover 1/4 of my face. Yes it is greasy..and it doesn't go on smooth, when you're applying it it feels like you're smearing peanut butter on your face. Neutrogena has THE best drugstore foundations, but this really disappointed me.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I love this foudation and could not believe all the terible reviews it got on Amazon. This is a cream foundatin (not cream to powder) in it's classic form. It's meant to be sponged on or one guesses you can brush it on though I would recommend you ONLY sponge it on. I think peoples bad reaction to this product is they use too much poduct (swipe their sponge/brush across the makeup too hard and too many times.) The less you use of this the better. The secret is you only swipe the sponge 1-2 times which is enough to do half your face. 2 swipes of the sponge may be enough product for your entire face (depending on how much pressure you use taking the product up on your sponge.) The less pressure, the better. You should first apply the sponge to the upper-center of your cheek and move back towards the ear and then come back to center (where you started and proceed moving toward your nose (one side) and chin (one side.) Repeat the process for the other side of your face. What is left over may be enough for you to then use it on your forehead. IF YOU INITIALLY TAKE TOO MUCH OF THIS ON YOUR SPONGE YOU WILL HAVE A MESS. It will look cakey, old fasioned overmade up and accent every little fine, dry line nevermind the deeper ones. You may or may not have to powder this dowm (I don't, just the nose.) I think it looks great has great coverage w/out being too makeupy looking. It wears real well, almost 'till it's time to come off. They might be discontinuing it as I purchased it for 8 bucks in Target. This may have been specified as a makeup to use after a cosmetic procedure as it has an SPF of 55!!! The SPF is "Helioplex" which is Neutrogena's (and anyone elses for that matter except La Roche-Posay "Anthelios") BEST. It's a great sunsreen as it filters the "A" rays as well as it filters the "B" rays. Most sunsreens claim to be broadspectrum (Blocking A&B rays), but their defense of the A rays doesn't hold up to how well they fight the B rays. The A rays are the most damaging in the long run as their wavelenghth allows them to penetrate deeper into the more underlying layers of the skin. This is the kind of damage which doesn't show right away. It may take years to decades to show it's most damage...anyway I know of no other makeup with this high an SPF using "Helioplex." The compact is made well and durable. It easily slides into the smallest space so it's great for portability. Because of its formulation it's a great makeup to take with you and use on the fly. Though I think it holds up so well there may not be need for touch-ups. What more can one ask of their foundation at this price??????

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS
- Sturdy packaging
- Includes separate compartment for sponge

CONS
- Dry
- (and therefore) Cakey
- Holds onto and emphasizes flakey, dry skin
- Grainy texture
- If you rub your face when it's dry, it balls up into grainy pieces!
- Looks greasy (not even close to a dewy look!)
- Sinks into fine lines
- Bulky packaging

OTHER
- Can't tell you how horrible this foundation is. I've tried to like it but can't. Even though I have only used brushes and the included sponge in this to apply this, but somehow little artificial hairs are in it! Yuck. I tried diluting this with a face moisturizer to smooth out its texture and make a tinted moisturizer, but it became even more grainy. This has made me come to hate pan/cream foundations as this is my first pan/cream foundation I've tried. I was very disappointed as I paid $13 for it and I know cheaper DG foundations that are far better. Will definitely not buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Loved the SPF 55, but I just couldn't get the oily sheen off my face after using this product. Powder was only a temporary fix. I've got naturally-oily skin w/a history of acne. The "Natural Beige 60" color matched my NC42 skin tone well. This foundation didn't break me out, but I just don't have time to blot/powder every 30 min.

I'd recommend it to people w/naturally dry skin, as it's kind of greasy from the get-go.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this on sheer impulse after spending a lot of time online looking for what I thought was not invented. I needed a summer time foundation that 1. Doesn't contain talc 2. Doesn't contain bismuth 3. Good for the skin and won't cause breakouts 4. Good color match 5. Inexpensive 6. Oh yeah and some SPF in it too! I couldn't find anything worth buying online so I picked this up at the local pharmacy. I was content with the ingredients and found a decent color match, not perfect though. I purchased Soft Beige #50. 50 is a tad too light for my NW30 with a slight tan. I'm not too bothered by the shade because tone wise, it's perfect. 50 was the only medium shade that didn't lean too yellow. 50 is more neutral and peach. As for the texture, it's actually very nice and glides on the skin with no effort which makes this foundation a winner on busy days. Fusy application isn't needed here! You can use the enclosed sponge, kabuki, BB, fingers, foundation brush whatever, it goes on nice. The finish sets to a satin glowy look and a setting powder is needed for us girls that can become oily. My only problem with this is that it doesn't cover blemishes and under eye circles. The coverage is light and by layering this, it doesn't graduate to higher cover, it just gets thicker. The packaing is nice and sturdy however, it takes hercules strength to open the damnn thing! I'm rating this a 4 until further notice. I'm on the lookout for 1. staying power in that hot heat & 2. any signs of skin irritations.
UPDATE: Okay, this has ZERO staying power. It looks very nice at initial application but fades quickly even with a highend well known setting powder! I'm talking about this being a two hour foundation MAX. I can assume this is more geared for dry skin types. Also, it sinks into my already large pores making them look terrible. Lastly, I exerienced some breakouts and reddness from this. I switched back to my Stila and my skin got back to normal. Up for swap this goes.

I only use mineral makeup, but went out on limb to buy this makeup, when I planned on being outdoors for long periods of time, not an everyday makeup. The makeup comes in a plexi-glass type compact, which I dropped and cracked, so I scooped out the makeup and put it in a small plastic cup with lid, like the kind you get for condiments to-go at food establishments. After 2 days, I went to put the makeup on and noticed that it had stuck to my vanity, I picked it up and noticed what was sticking was melting plastic! The makeup was eating and had ate 3 holes in the plastic cup! As I opened it, I noticed a clear liquid within the makeup, which was the melting plastic, and upon stirring it there were strings of melting plastic within the makeup. And to think, I was putting this stuff on my face!!! I would have never known this stuff eats through plastic if I had not dropped the compact to begin with! I can not believe a product that eats through plastic is being called healthy skin! I have contactedNeutrogena, and all they said was they would refund the $13! it's not about the $13, as a Licensed Esthetician, I am furious, that this company is selling a product for your face that has the ability to eat through plastic! I would never buy any product from them again.

Popular Crème Foundations