Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55 Helioplex

2.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is the worst garbage for those with oily skin. Stay away!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What's not to sound good about this product especially in the summer. I love the Neutrogena Healthy Skin liquid foundation, why wouldn't I just love this compact makeup with SPF 55?

Well, to sum it up into a few words, it is disgusting. What a disappointment from Neutrogena!

If you want makeup that settles in and highlights every pore on your face and makes you look 10 years older, this is the one. I even tried different applicators, still gross. Pass on this one.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I am very fair and the lightest color was too dark. The product is also very greasy. I liked the idea of SPF 55 but didn't work for me.

I love this because it provides medium coverage that I need in the summer and a bit of moisture for my combination skin. It does transfer, but I found that it has staying power as long as you don't touch your face. (I also use Lancome's Teint Indole on days when my skin is super oily.)

Pros: good for combination skin, better sun protection, no fragrance, sheer to medium coverage
Con's: don't like the packaging (ugly), small amount of product for price, color range is limited

Application:
I apply toner to my face (Algenist), and sunblock (Replenix Sheer Physical Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 50 Plus) and let it dry. (I also reviewed Replenix.) Then I apply a minimal amount of the foundation with my fingers, gently spreading it out on my face. I apply a bit more in some areas that aren't prone to creasing. You can smooth it into your pores with a bit of moisture, which other reviewers pointed out. This was a game changer for me! I mist my face with toner and gently smooth out the coverage with my fingers. Doing this will sheer out the coverage a bit. Sometimes I use a finishing power (nyx HD) I am about nc25/30 and wear Nude (which is a bit more warm) Buff matches my skin tone. Ulta has the entire color line while some drug stores only carry a few colors in store.

About my skin:
My skin is combination: oily (to very oily) skin that tends to have a dry surface. I have small areas of larger pores. My skin is generally break out free. I use foundation to cover minor uneven skin tone and make my complexion more warm toned.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased before reading any of the reviews and now that I have I felt very scared to try this as I have super greasy, acne prone skin. I have the shade Natural Ivory that ended up working really well with my yellow skin despite the reviews stating that it leans very cool toned. The coverage is a light medium but evens out my skin time beautifully and covers all of my redness. It went on with the included sponge pretty streaky as the formula is super creamy but after some careful blending it sunk into the skin really well. Using my regular primer combination, powder of choice and setting spray this lasted really well without getting overly greasy or really patchy although as with any foundation touch ups are a must. This does have a strong sunscreen smell but doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I wouldn't wear this in photos though as the high sunscreen amount will cause major flashback. For a day to day look that is easy to throw on and actually evens the skintone this is a gem in the drugstore.

I don't know how anyone has made this work for them - it's some of the worst foundation I've ever used. Even with primer on, it just sits on top of my skin. And if I try to blend it, it just comes off altogether and leaves red patches on my face. I got this at a close out store in NYC and now I know why it was sent there, it's awful.

Update october 2017: Milani updates their shades for pale gals. I have 00B for pale gals with yellow undertones....natural non cakey coverage that can be as full as you want....doesnt enhance pores....BEST FOUNDATION ON THE PLANET AND THEY LISTENED THEIR CUSTOMERS!!

EDIT JUNE 26,2016:I still really like this. I have found that it can settle in my pores BUT if I put it on with my fingers and then run my fingers under the water and get them damp and then blend in, it covers like a dream and no settling into pores!!! WONDERFUL!

Best cream foundation I have tried. (and embarrassingly, I've wasted lots of money trying them ALL) Not sure if it's really a cream to powder but maybe...it seems to set to a very semi matte finish but with a healthy glow!!!! NOT GREASY.I was worried it would get greasy but it really has a nice wear time and doesnt turn orange and oily. I havent found it to settle into my pores and pool around my pores on my nose but I blend very well when applying. I have tried every cream to powder foundation out there and they all look so cakey and dry. NOT THIS ONE. I have no idea why people don't give it better reviews. It's fabulous. You have to apply it in very think layers and really blend it in. I find my fingers do the best with a cream foundation so I can get into the hard places. I know....i shouldn't use my fingers but if you use a brush I think this will be streaky. I'm nc 15 and use Classic Ivory. its a really good match but I do use the pressed healthy skin sheer powder by neutrogena on top in Nude for just a touch of color since it's summer and I love that powder! Neither broke me out. I HAVE THE MOST SENSITIVE SKIN ON EARTH AND this does not break me out which is such a needed element in a foundation. I tried the long lastiing foundation of Neutrogena's but it's lasting power wasnt as good as this (if you powder on top) ! Plus the long lasting foundation definitely had a cakey look and really enhanced my pores. With this foundation, At the end of the day, I still look pretty good and fresh and I dont blot! I was going to try Neutrogena's healthy skin liquid foundation becuase it seems to have slightly better reviews but per "Paula" it has a certain ingredient that can cause flare ups and I'm not gonna take the chance with my sensitive skin.....so I tried this and I love it!!! The coverage is medium to almost full if you layer. You do have to blend it really well and let it set a little before you put your powder on or the powder will cake it up. It does set quite quickly and not dry looking. Just like healthy skin! I"M IMPRESSED and love the coverage, the finish and the wear! Will definitely re purchase. Think I may have found my holy grail gals! Im combo skin with oily t zone. This doesnt slide off your face. I don't feel "Gloppy" at the end of the day. Feels like nothing on your skin. not tight like some foundations and doesnt feel like I have an oil slick on my face. I do moisturize quite well under neath which I thought would cause a mess later in the day, but it didnt. I WOULD ignore the bad reviews and try this. Just be sure to let it set and powder on top.

I love this hidden gem. It applies smoothly and flawlessly Thanks to the H/plex. I have great skin and this only enhances it even more. The H/plex fills in any wrinkles and softens fine lines, I really love this addition to the Foundation. I do not use a powder with this as it provides a demi-glow to my skin. I use Hula bronzer and Chanel Glossimer in Unity. Looks beautiful and I am happy with this foundation. Rite Aid $10.

I actually just got this product. Freaking love it. I have an oily T-zone and dry cheeks. It works out for my skin. I avoid applying on my forehead, but I sometimes do by accident. I haven't broken out yet:-) I recommend neutrogena for teenagers like myself:-)
I do think it's a bit overpriced however I love the packaging.

Awful product! Incredibly greasy on my skin,overpriced,settled into pores,transfers like crazy,settled into lines and did absolutely nothing to improve my skin. I only gave it one lippie because the shade, Classic Ivory matched good. However that isn't enough to rate well and if I could give this mess a zero, I would.