Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55 Helioplex

Filtered by age: 56 & Over

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

Wonderful texture, melts on your skin, SPF 55 is great, especially if you have rosacea, like me. Shade 60 Natural Beige works very well with my Pantone summer skin. So I give it 5 stars for doing what is supposed to do: protect you from the sun, not exacerbate acne, and provide moderate coverage without drying or being excessively oily. It combines well with powder if you like a more matte look. Make sure your skin is smooth, not flaky because it will get trapped in the flakes, however it does not get trapped in pores, and does not accentuate them..
However, I took 3 stars off the packaging because the plastic compact hinge broke, and I was reduced to using a plastic band to keep it together. Messy, though. Also, I never used the sponge, used my fingers instead.

I bought this last summer and was thinking that I need a new one since Spring is here and I'll be outdoors more. I go hiking and walking in the warmer weather and need a good sunscreen in my makeup, especially if I'm not wearing sunscreen underneath. I've been leaning towards cream makeup, though I love the convenience and feel of powder/mineral makeup. My skin is getting drier and this feels nice and moisturizing. I tried the natural ivory shade and it worked well for my fair, cool-toned skin. I haven't worn it in direct sun for hours so I don't know how it holds up with the 55 spf. I haven't noticed sun damage with casual use. My ex-husband saw me walking with this on and zoomed in close and said "You look good for an old lady". Gee, thanks I guess. I suppose that's a positive testimonial for the makeup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I am surprised at all of the bad reviews of this product! I have very oily skin and I apply this SPARINGLY, as it is NOT buildable. I finish with a dust of Neutrogena shine control powder and I get a beautiful, smooth, natural finish that looks like I'm not even wearing any makeup. If you use too much, it will be a streaky mess. I just dab the sponge on the makeup creme and swipe once over my face and I'm done. I have to agree that the set-up of the compact makes no sense. It's like upside down. Other than that, I think it's a great product, but not really a "foundation." Also, the actual color is much lighter than it looks in the compact. I am NC25-30 and Nude-40 is perfect for me. UPDATE: I've decided this is too greasy for someone with oily skin like me. It just didn't last long enough and I was shiny less than an hour after applying it. I gave it to my Mom who has dry skin and it looks great on her and lasts all day..

Bought this product three days ago and absolutely love it!! It glides on my face just perfectly using the sponge applicator. Love the way it feels and looks on my skin. The big plus is that its a foundation which contains SPF of 55, and it looks so natural!! I will definitely buy it again!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I came across this product at Walgreen's yesterday. It was on sale for $10 and I liked the idea of Helioplex which my derm recommended highly. I've applied the product both ways, with my fingers and using the sponge that comes with it. I like its lightness, the fact that it covers quite well without feeling thick, it has only the slightest bit of shimmer to it which is great for my "mature" skin and best of all, the 30 (Buff) matches my skin tone exactly which is a very rare thing! Plus the price is incredible. I have a number of far more expensive foundations, but this is my new favorite. Yes, I'd buy it again, absolutely.