Neutrogena Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55 Helioplex

Filtered by age: 30-35

2.1

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is the worst garbage for those with oily skin. Stay away!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I am very fair and the lightest color was too dark. The product is also very greasy. I liked the idea of SPF 55 but didn't work for me.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

First off - as is typical for Neutrogena foundations/base make-up for me, there isn't a shade available that matches my yellow-toned NC20 skin. I tried #20 Natural Ivory, #30 Buff and #40 Nude. Natural Ivory is ok but a bit too pink/light, Buff and Nude are too peach and oxidise too dark.

Other than that, I found this thick, drying, yet greasy. It smells strongly of sunscreen which I don't really like but could deal with if the product was good. But it's not. It's difficult to blend and looks so gross and cakey. Feels super heavy and unnatural. It's like applying wax and Elmer's glue to your face. No thanks. Returned. I'm not even sure what skin type this could work for, if any.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I want to like this, and the finish is nice, but it makes my skin feel like it burns. Will be returning it. :(

Grainy texture and greasy--not worth the money at all. I love cream foundations for the ease of use, but this one is not worth the $12 price tag. Will not buy again!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the Healthy Skin Enhancer (tinted moisturizer) but currently need a bit more coverage so I thought this would be great- so wrong. The texture of the product was inconsistent and grainy. It turned to powder almost imediately so it was impossible to blend or build coverage. I tried sponge and my fingers with zero success.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think some of the negative reviews come from expecting this product to be what it is not. Yes, it is makeup but if you look at the back, it says, "Purpose: Sunscreen." So I'd say, first and foremost, it is a sunscreen....that looks and behaves like a foundation. I started using Retin-A and was looking for a compact style foundation that would be a little bit of extra insurance in the SPF department. My first impression: Semi-pricy @ $12 a pop at Target. Second impression: Solid packaging (though you need to figure out how it opens. It has an odd latch.) The sponge is kept separate from the makeup and the foundation you see through the compact is actually the bottom of the product, I guess to keep it looking pretty. As for the product itself:

1.) It smells like sunscreen (Not surprising)

2.) It goes on smoothly

3.) I would describe the coverage as "sheer-medium" and "natural." It covers but DOES NOT build. I have very red cheeks along with freckles and dark spots, and this product gave me a natural glow. Redness was very toned down and freckles and dark spots were evened out to the point of being unnoticeable. I hate the look of sheer foundation which has a tendency to look fake because it only half-covers things like broken blood vessels and freckles which makes it looks like you are totally wearing crappy foundation. I didn't have that effect with this product but like I said, it does not build so it is best to apply a thin, even layer.

4.) I noticed that it can (I'm not saying it will) settle into fine lines. Occasionally I've had to smooth out a little settling in a line or 2 but it isn't horrible. But, on a related note, I've noticed it disappearing in "high traffic" areas like my nose or corner of my mouth by the afternoon but the good thing about the product is that it touches up well. 1 or 2 light pats and the problem is totally fixed.

5.) This is essentially a sunscreen so don't expect it to absorb oil. I've had to touch up with oil blotters and a little powder around my nose every once in a while. No biggie.

6.) Unless you like the Just-Applied-Sunscreen look, you'll have to set it with powder. I used Clinique Transparent Powder which has worked really well with it.

7.) The makeup goes on lighter than what it looks like in the compact. Be forewarned.

8.) I can see how this product would NOT look good on someone with serious problem skin. On a day I neglected to exfoliate (Retin-A issues) I noticed that it "highlighted" some dry skin on my nose. It was only noticeable in a magnified mirror up-close, but still, proper exfoliation and hydration might be necessary.

My overall impression is that this is a good product. It makes my skin feel good, it goes on smoothly, and gives a naturally even look. I would give it a 5 only if it was a total miracle-worker and performed better in the longevity and oil absorbing department. But for what it is, I'm happy with it. I will totally buy this again

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Greasy. And weird. I have very dry skin and yet this still makes me look like a greasball, and I happen to like a dewy look. Not a lot of coverage, and like someone else said, powder only takes down the shine for about three minutes. It also accentuates pores and dry skin. Not a fan of this one, needless to say.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this on sheer impulse after spending a lot of time online looking for what I thought was not invented. I needed a summer time foundation that 1. Doesn't contain talc 2. Doesn't contain bismuth 3. Good for the skin and won't cause breakouts 4. Good color match 5. Inexpensive 6. Oh yeah and some SPF in it too! I couldn't find anything worth buying online so I picked this up at the local pharmacy. I was content with the ingredients and found a decent color match, not perfect though. I purchased Soft Beige #50. 50 is a tad too light for my NW30 with a slight tan. I'm not too bothered by the shade because tone wise, it's perfect. 50 was the only medium shade that didn't lean too yellow. 50 is more neutral and peach. As for the texture, it's actually very nice and glides on the skin with no effort which makes this foundation a winner on busy days. Fusy application isn't needed here! You can use the enclosed sponge, kabuki, BB, fingers, foundation brush whatever, it goes on nice. The finish sets to a satin glowy look and a setting powder is needed for us girls that can become oily. My only problem with this is that it doesn't cover blemishes and under eye circles. The coverage is light and by layering this, it doesn't graduate to higher cover, it just gets thicker. The packaing is nice and sturdy however, it takes hercules strength to open the damnn thing! I'm rating this a 4 until further notice. I'm on the lookout for 1. staying power in that hot heat & 2. any signs of skin irritations.
UPDATE: Okay, this has ZERO staying power. It looks very nice at initial application but fades quickly even with a highend well known setting powder! I'm talking about this being a two hour foundation MAX. I can assume this is more geared for dry skin types. Also, it sinks into my already large pores making them look terrible. Lastly, I exerienced some breakouts and reddness from this. I switched back to my Stila and my skin got back to normal. Up for swap this goes.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this because I am an SPF freak, although I never depend on my foundation for sole protection, and despite the SPF 55 factor, I wouldn't with this - you'd have to apply TONS of it. As other reviewers noted, it seemed to disappear. It did the same on me. My skin is freckly, sensitive, and dry, so I like creme foundations with a dewy finish and was pleased that this didn't leave a powdery finish, but it did seem to disappear. I'll carry it around in my bag in the summer for touchups and extra protection, but I would definitely still apply sunscreen underneath.