4.5

price range

Reviews

fromAimbl

Apr/24/2017

I have repurchased multiple times. It's my favorite shade for pedicures. I have olive skin and think this cool opaque grey tone is more flattering and equally urban as black or blue shades; more interesting than dark burgundy and all around fabulous. As a pedicure, it lasts.

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (517 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

Jan/17/2016

This is a great color-I'm sad to say it just doesn't work on me. I have medium olive skin, and the color just seems to make my hands look ashy and wrinkled. However it is really beautiful on more fair skin tones. I still get compliments on the color, but for some reason I just don't like it on me. Formula is great though, evens out quickly and opaque in about 2 coats. It's …Read more

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan

HairBlack

Nov/25/2015

Love this color!!! A dark creamy brown grey with hints of a purple undertone. Get tons of compliments on this. Chips a bit fast but the color is stunning! Perfect for fall winter!! Has tons of shine! Could be a top favorite in the 300 hundred colors I have!!! Would buy again!!!!

About reviewer (271 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

Nov/22/2015

Smokin' Hot is a really pretty colour from Essie. Perfect for Autumn and Winter but still pretty enough for me to rock in the Australian summer. The colour is a deep, greyed out, smokey purple. It is very dark, and may look almost black in some lights, but this colour is definitely not a black. It pulls darker on the nail than it looks in the bottle. It is gorgeous though, very elegant and …Read more

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (723 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

Jan/27/2015

Love, love, love. A creamy, dark purple, brown color. Perfect for fall and winter, but can be worn all year round. A sexy moody color with a great one or two coat application. Get compliments on it.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

fromCatG68

Nov/06/2014

I love this nail polish. It's creamy and opaque in 2 coats. In my opinion it's a brown/grey/purple - very chic. I will definitely repurchase once it's done. It's a go to winter shade for me

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

EyesGreen

May/15/2014

I like dark colors now and then. And this one is absolutely beautiful! It looks almost dark purple on me. Not a favorite color of mine but it looks great. A must have fall/winter color for sure.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Medium Brown

HairOther

Jan/29/2014

I love this color. I love all grays and smokey purples and MUST own them!!! LOL. Gorgeous dark dusty-gray that is cool-toned. Looks very flattering on my NW20 skin and perfect for winter.

The ONLY thing I dislike about Essie polish in general is the chipping. They tend to chip on me within 3 days. All of them do. This lasted 4 days. I love Essie but I wish they would change the …

About reviewer (1214 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2.0

Jan/12/2014

I really like this color, but this nail polish did not last on me. Within 2 days a few of my nails had wear at the tips. By day 5 all my nails had chips in the tip. I like the colors from Essie, but not really liking the formula.

1 of 1 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (387 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

Jan/04/2014

My favorite color of all time. It's dark-yes, but it does come across as purple on me. I was really surprised by this color. I usually do an American manicure- very natural, but like I said, this is a new fave! I used it in conjunction with tops and tails by butter London and it lasts and lasts. Usually my nails smudge or chip fast. Can't say if it's the Essie polish or the butter …Read more

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium