Essie Smokin' Hot - Winter 2010

Essie Smokin' Hot - Winter 2010

4.5

on 4/24/2017 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have repurchased multiple times. It's my favorite shade for pedicures. I have olive skin and think this cool opaque grey tone is more flattering and equally urban as black or blue shades; more interesting than dark burgundy and all around fabulous. As a pedicure, it lasts.

This is my favourite nail polish color of all time. I love that it's not a plain gray and that it doesn't have a brownish undertone (because brown/warm/yellow undertones don't suit my skintone). It's a cool toned beautiful smokey grey with a hint of purple, and I think it's the perfect dark shade for fair cool-toned skin.
It's opaque in 2 coats and has a nice shine. On my nails the weartime is comparable to other polishes I own, about 4-5 days without a top-coat.
I also love the Essie brushes, because I have small and narrow nails and the brush isn't too big.

on 8/2/2016 2:06:00 PM

This color is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Essie's Smokin' Hot is a perfect shade of deep, smoky plum with a creme finish. I love how it looks different without being weird. A very classy and sophisticated shade, this is a must-have Essie in my opinion.

Excellent formula as well. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear.

I would definitely buy this one again. I love it. Highly Recommended!!!

on 11/25/2015 6:00:00 AM

Love this color!!! A dark creamy brown grey with hints of a purple undertone. Get tons of compliments on this. Chips a bit fast but the color is stunning! Perfect for fall winter!! Has tons of shine! Could be a top favorite in the 300 hundred colors I have!!! Would buy again!!!!

on 1/17/2016 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great color-I'm sad to say it just doesn't work on me. I have medium olive skin, and the color just seems to make my hands look ashy and wrinkled. However it is really beautiful on more fair skin tones. I still get compliments on the color, but for some reason I just don't like it on me. Formula is great though, evens out quickly and opaque in about 2 coats. It's definitely one to try, especially in the fall/winter months.

on 11/22/2015 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Smokin' Hot is a really pretty colour from Essie. Perfect for Autumn and Winter but still pretty enough for me to rock in the Australian summer. The colour is a deep, greyed out, smokey purple. It is very dark, and may look almost black in some lights, but this colour is definitely not a black. It pulls darker on the nail than it looks in the bottle. It is gorgeous though, very elegant and classy and not the slightest bit 'goth'. It is a very classy colour. It is also ridiciously shiny even without topcoat, which I love. It reminds me of eggplant/aubergine but a bit more grey. However, I had to take off one lippy because of the formula. It is quite thin and watery and the first coat I applied was very streaky, however it did even up and become opaque and shiny when I applied the second coat. Not streakiness was apparent after two coats. However, you have to be careful not to apply too much product to the nail or it will be too runny. It also takes a bit longer to dry than my other Essie polishes but once dry, it has excellent lasting power, looks amazing and is very chip resistant. If not for the formula it would receive perfect marks.

on 1/29/2014 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this color. I love all grays and smokey purples and MUST own them!!! LOL. Gorgeous dark dusty-gray that is cool-toned. Looks very flattering on my NW20 skin and perfect for winter.

The ONLY thing I dislike about Essie polish in general is the chipping. They tend to chip on me within 3 days. All of them do. This lasted 4 days. I love Essie but I wish they would change the formula.

on 5/15/2014 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like dark colors now and then. And this one is absolutely beautiful! It looks almost dark purple on me. Not a favorite color of mine but it looks great. A must have fall/winter color for sure.

on 1/27/2015 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Love, love, love. A creamy, dark purple, brown color. Perfect for fall and winter, but can be worn all year round. A sexy moody color with a great one or two coat application. Get compliments on it.

on 11/6/2014 10:36:00 PM

I love this nail polish. It's creamy and opaque in 2 coats. In my opinion it's a brown/grey/purple - very chic. I will definitely repurchase once it's done. It's a go to winter shade for me

Popular Polishes