Jesse's Girl Eyeshadow Primer

Jesse's Girl Eyeshadow Primer

4.3

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Rating eyeshadow primer is pretty simple, it either works or it doesn't. This eyeshadow primer gets the job done. I apply it once in the morning before I add my eye color and I am guaranteed that my eye color will stay put all day. A dab will certainly do ya with this primer, so I recommend taking some off of the applicator with your finger and apply the primer to your eyes with your finger tip, otherwise you will add too much. At $5.00 a pop it's a steal for sure.

on 6/27/2016 6:41:00 PM

This is by far the worst primer I have ever used. I was on a makeup youtube binge and heard this was a good dupe for higher end products. WRONG. I put it on and it literally started wearing off an hour after I put it on, the creasing is awful and all the color comes right off. I don't know how there are so many good reviews for this. Be aware!

To Read all 23 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/3/2016 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a sample of this last year in my Ipsy. Since I've purchased it twice. It holds up to UD's PP like nothing else! I love this formula, and you can not beat the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Updated review 9/4/14: This causes my shadows to crease on my oily eyelids. So far, Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Urban Decay Primer Potion are the only primers that do not cause shadows to crease on my oily lids. I'm knocking the rating down to a one since it does not work on an oily person like myself. It may work wonderfully for people with dry skin.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Thank you Makeup Alley and You Tube for steering me to this product because I NEVER would have purchased this on my own. First of all, you have to go to Rite Aid to get it...and it's ALWAYS sold out, at least where I live. The other thing is the cruddy Jesse's Girl display. The product looks like a mascara or a tube of lipstick. After searching for this for months, I came across it and almost didn't even see it when it was right in front of my nose. There I was in Rite Aid buying more makeup that I don't need. I wandered over to the ghetto looking Jesse's Girl display hoping to find this raved about product. I see three tubes there but what are they? I pick them up; examining them like ancient artifacts unearthed in an ancient tomb somewhere. YES...this is the product I have been searching high and low for! I quickly snapped up all three tubes...sorry other Jesse's Girl shoppers...what can I say anyway besides the fact that I'm a selfish, selfish girl.

This product is a definite straight up dupe for Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I've used a ton of eye primers and TFSI is my all-time fave. It keeps my shadows from creasing and it is not hard to blend out. This product made my shadows last all day on my oily lids. If you are an oily girl like me, snap this stuff up. If you can't find it at Rite Aid, order it from the Jesse's Girl website. This stuff is a keeper and less than half the price of TFSI.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have tried Lorac, Laura Mercier, Too Faced, Mac eye primers and they all crease on my oily lids. UDPP is the only primer that does not crease on me. But I found this Jessie's girl primer at my local riteaid for $5 which is amazing! Quality and texture is almost identical to UDPP and keeps my makeup upto 10 hrs. I have used it on bridesmaids on a hot and humid summer day and it worked great!

on 6/11/2014 11:19:00 PM

Pros:
- makes my eyeshadow and eyeliner last for the whole day
-- I have very oily Asian (hooded) eyes
- blends very easily
- leaves my eyelids matte and very smooth

Cons:
- the packaging
-- it's a black rectangular plastic tube with a wand

I love this product so much that I use it every day. I'm also running out of it already. Problem: how am I supposed to get the rest of the product out when it's in a hard plastic tube?! I would advise you to transfer the product into a jar so it's easier to use.

on 12/21/2013 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Works great... I have very oily eyelids and nothing stays put... I've tried several brands but this one is one I would totally buy again...

on 8/12/2013 6:26:00 PM

I cannot believe I did not find this product sooner!!! I have been using the NARS eyeshadow primer before this and let me just say that this five dollar primer blows Nars out of the water. Goes on really nicely and has a little bit of a nude type color to it at first that fades as you blend it with your fingers. I apply this product on my eyelids then blend it out with my fingers. After I apply my eyeshadows, eyeliner, mascara and the products stay on all night ( and by all night I mean through the whole night of dancing for hours at a club then going to another bar across the street then surviving me accidentally rubbing my eye.) Overall the shadows seem to last longer and look more vibrant when I use this product to underneath to prime. I love this stuff.

The only con I have with this product is that it dries too fast for my liking so if you put it on the lid and don't blend away in time it will dry up and you will have to wash off that lid or take it off and reapply.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love! I have oily lids and allergies that cause watery eyes and I bike places and get sweaty but my eyeshadow does not budge because of this wonderful product. The packaging is also really nice. You do have to wait for the stuff to dry which is a bummer and it's more difficult to blend color evenly when using it but those things matter not when it comes to a heavy-duty primer like this. I've already bought a tube for my mom and she is happy enough with it to boot her Lancome primer habit. Hooray Rite Aid!

on 8/30/2012 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This works just as well as UDPP for 1/3 of the price. The only problem is, it's hard to find. The only place I know that carries it in my neck of the woods is Rite Aid, but it always seems to be out of stock. I bought two but I'm running out!