4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

This is one of my most favorite primers of all time! I have used TONS, and this one is very high on my list of favorites. I have oily eyelids so with a lot of primers my eye shadow tends to crease anyway. This primer keeps my eye shadow on all day long with absolutely no creasing, flaking, or dullness of color. It goes on smoothly and there's no issues with blending. I like that you can just apply it directly to your lids with the wand instead of having to squeeze out the product onto your finger. The wand gives you better control of how much product you're using. I'd repurchase a hundred times.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

4 years ago

Rating eyeshadow primer is pretty simple, it either works or it doesn't. This eyeshadow primer gets the job done. I apply it once in the morning before I add my eye color and I am guaranteed that my eye color will stay put all day. A dab will certainly do ya with this primer, so I recommend taking some off of the applicator with your finger and apply the primer to your eyes with your finger tip, otherwise you will add too much. At $5.00 a pop it's a steal for sure.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairRed

EyesHazel

1.0

4 years ago

This is by far the worst primer I have ever used. I was on a makeup youtube binge and heard this was a good dupe for higher end products. WRONG. I put it on and it literally started wearing off an hour after I put it on, the creasing is awful and all the color comes right off. I don't know how there are so many good reviews for this. Be aware!

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I got a sample of this last year in my Ipsy. Since I've purchased it twice. It holds up to UD's PP like nothing else! I love this formula, and you can not beat the price.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

1.0

5 years ago

Updated review 9/4/14: This causes my shadows to crease on my oily eyelids. So far, Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Urban Decay Primer Potion are the only primers that do not cause shadows to crease on my oily lids. I'm knocking the rating down to a one since it does not work on an oily person like myself. It may work wonderfully for people with dry skin. _______________________________________________________________________________ Thank you Makeup Alley and You Tube for steering me to this product because I NEVER would have purchased this on my own. First of all, you have to go to Rite Aid to get it...and it's ALWAYS sold out, at least where I live. The other thing is the cruddy Jesse's Girl display. The product looks like a mascara or a tube of lipstick. After searching for this for months, I came across it and almost didn't even see it when it was right in front of my nose. There I was in Rite Aid buying more makeup that I don't need. I wandered over to the ghetto looking Jesse's Girl display hoping to find this raved about product. I see three tubes there but what are they? I pick them up; examining them like ancient artifacts unearthed in an ancient tomb somewhere. YES...this is the product I have been searching high and low for! I quickly snapped up all three tubes...sorry other Jesse's Girl shoppers...what can I say anyway besides the fact that I'm a selfish, selfish girl. This product is a definite straight up dupe for Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I've used a ton of eye primers and TFSI is my all-time fave. It keeps my shadows from creasing and it is not hard to blend out. This product made my shadows last all day on my oily lids. If you are an oily girl like me, snap this stuff up. If you can't find it at Rite Aid, order it from the Jesse's Girl website. This stuff is a keeper and less than half the price of TFSI.

About reviewer (284 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

6 years ago

I have tried Lorac, Laura Mercier, Too Faced, Mac eye primers and they all crease on my oily lids. UDPP is the only primer that does not crease on me. But I found this Jessie's girl primer at my local riteaid for $5 which is amazing! Quality and texture is almost identical to UDPP and keeps my makeup upto 10 hrs. I have used it on bridesmaids on a hot and humid summer day and it worked great!

About reviewer (335 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

6 years ago

Pros: - makes my eyeshadow and eyeliner last for the whole day -- I have very oily Asian (hooded) eyes - blends very easily - leaves my eyelids matte and very smooth Cons: - the packaging -- it's a black rectangular plastic tube with a wand I love this product so much that I use it every day. I'm also running out of it already. Problem: how am I supposed to get the rest of the product out when it's in a hard plastic tube?! I would advise you to transfer the product into a jar so it's easier to use.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

EyesBrown

6 years ago

Works great... I have very oily eyelids and nothing stays put... I've tried several brands but this one is one I would totally buy again...

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesOther

from

6 years ago

I cannot believe I did not find this product sooner!!! I have been using the NARS eyeshadow primer before this and let me just say that this five dollar primer blows Nars out of the water. Goes on really nicely and has a little bit of a nude type color to it at first that fades as you blend it with your fingers. I apply this product on my eyelids then blend it out with my fingers. After I apply my eyeshadows, eyeliner, mascara and the products stay on all night ( and by all night I mean through the whole night of dancing for hours at a club then going to another bar across the street then surviving me accidentally rubbing my eye.) Overall the shadows seem to last longer and look more vibrant when I use this product to underneath to prime. I love this stuff. The only con I have with this product is that it dries too fast for my liking so if you put it on the lid and don't blend away in time it will dry up and you will have to wash off that lid or take it off and reapply.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

7 years ago

Love! I have oily lids and allergies that cause watery eyes and I bike places and get sweaty but my eyeshadow does not budge because of this wonderful product. The packaging is also really nice. You do have to wait for the stuff to dry which is a bummer and it's more difficult to blend color evenly when using it but those things matter not when it comes to a heavy-duty primer like this. I've already bought a tube for my mom and she is happy enough with it to boot her Lancome primer habit. Hooray Rite Aid!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age19-24