Almay Almay Intense I-color powder shadow trio for Hazels #103 (cream, brown, pink)

No Image

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/8/2012 2:34:00 AM

I have brown eyes but use this product. I find it to be a good everyday look. Great for the price. I like the three colors together and you'd be surprised how hard it is to find these colors together in high-end compacts. My only complaint is that I don't feel the color payoff in the brown color is what it should be. I've been looking for a similar product by Makeup Forever or Smashbox but I just can't seem find cream, pink, and brown together anywhere. I like the new packaging much more. I would always run out of the pink and still have all this brown and cream left so this is a vast improvement. Overall a nice little product. I will rebuy until I find a similar trio with a better brown.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used these shadows every single day for most of middle school. It's a great neutral palette for someone just starting with makeup. If you have a bigger collection though, this isn't the best buy. The colors are pretty common. Now that mine's almost gone, I probably won't rebuy. But for a nice simple, everyday look you might want to check these out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I do not have hazel eyes, I have brown eyes but the colors in this trio are very pretty and look good on me. I think they'd be pretty on anyone. They go on sheer but you can build the color if you want. They are also blend easily. It's a good buy.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am cutting & pasting this review from the one I entered for the general Almay intense i-color eye shadows for hazels because there are reviews for several different versions with very similar names all listed in one place

This is a review for the original Almay Intense I-color powder shadow trio for Hazels #103. I am saying this because I think its really confusing how Almays has a bunch of different versions of these with almost the same names. I can tell by reading the reviews that it is confusing.

Color break down: all colors are shimmery.
-Highlight shade = sheer cream color, with a yellow-ish base
-Contour shade = neutral taupe/brown with out red (yay!)
-Lid shade = sheer light pink

I love this! It is my go to everyday colors. Yes, they are shimmery so if you dont like shimmer, you wont like this. Also, the pink and the cream are sheer, but I think they are supposed to be. This is not supposed to create a bright, colorful look so I dont understand why people rate it poorly for being soft and sheer. The textures of these are AMAZING. They are so soft and easy to blend. They never look blotchy. I like that the pink is sheer because it makes it work well with my skin tone, which usually wont work with pinks. But dont get me wrong- it is not like it has no pigmentation I think its just the right amount.

As for wear I almost always wear with some kind of primer or concealer, and it always lasts all day, I have work without, and its still fine, but primer really helps bring the pink out some more.

I like this because it doesnt require a lot of time or neatness, but still really makes me look polishes and pretty. The only thing is, I usually like to pare it with a matte cream shadow to sandwich between the highlight and crease shade to cut down on the frost a bit. This is my go to shadow for everyday so it must be good because I have 2 drawers full of eye shadow, from high end to low end.

I got this in the set that came with the black pencil eyeliner and black mascara. I like the whole set. This also looks nice with a brown eyeliner, or a maroon/plum eyeliner.

My eyes are brown, with flecks of gold and green and a rim of green so, they arent really hazel, but I think that is what is the closest. I have the trios for green and brown as well, and I like this one the best but really it would work with any eye color in my opinion.