MAC Cosmetics Vintage Selection (Cham-Pale Collection)

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.8

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

my very first paint pot and it was a success! i love this pinky champagne color. i usually wear this all over the lid for a simple everyday look. tip: try not to layer too much of the product on, otherwise itll look like a disco ball. if you just use a light wash it will look like a beautiful sheen.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my favorite paint pot from the Cham-pale collection. On my skin it just gives a subtle sheen, perfect for a no makeup look. I purchased all 4 of the paint pots from this selection(and a back up) and this one is definitely the one I go to the most. Only reason I wouldn't have to repurchase this is because I have 2 of them, and these things take forever to put a dent in :)

I do like the Vintage Selection paint pot, the color pay off is nice and as usual MAC makes the best bases for eye shadows. However, this PP is very gritty from the glitter and I think it is easily duped from things found in the permanent collection. Makes all my satin and glitter eye shadows look great and I love the color, however I wouldn't re purchase this because it is not out-of-this-world.

I just adore Vintage Selection. I wear this on the entire eyelid up to a little above the crease to avoid the crepey look. It gives my frosted eyeshadows a very true colour similar to the shade in the pan. This paint pot accenturate my brown, taupe, mauve, pink frosted shadows and pigments. I couldn't get my Urban Decay YDK to work for me until I used Vintage Selection... wow, this combination looks like the elusive Subtle pigment! I am on the hunt for Chilled on Ice paint pot.

it is a rose gold PP, and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use my large shader brush from sigma and start in the middel of my eyelid and work out and i get less fallout and a beautiful color on my lid and you dont need a outer V color put this on with some black eyeliner and you will have the most beautiful day look. every time i wear it i get complements and if i ever run across this at a CCO i will be buying all of them!!! <3

I'm in the minority, but I love this paint pot. For some reason, it just doesn't come off as glittery on me, just a really pretty sheen. I find the shimmer in it to be no larger in size than the MAC eyeshadows I normally use (none of which are lustres). I love the colour - a peachy/taupey almost nude type look. I'll often wear VS PP all over the lid, add a crease colour and Fluid Line for a day look. This never creases on me, and it wears all day with and without a primer. I wouldn't re-purchase because by the time it runs out, i'll want to try something new - there is a lot of product in MAC's PPs!
click 'continued' for a pic: in the photo, I have absolutely no makeup on except for the PP, and it was taken in natural light with no flash.
continued >>

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Okay, I would say I am in a love-hate relationship with this paint pot.
What I love about it is the texture, it's so soft and kind of jelly/gel like that I absolutely LOVE. I like the colour too. It can pretty much pair with most of my eyeshadows. (I prefer to wear browns, so.) The staying power is excellent as well.

However, it is just a little too glittery for my taste. I just have to pair it with a matte eyeshadow. I want to like it because of the texture, but well, the glitters are just bothering me quite a bit.

But I do wish MAC would reformulate the paint pots to this texture because I really really love it.

I'm on a paint pot kick, so i bought this as soon as the Cham-Pale collection hit stores/online. Little did I know prior to purchasing it that it was FILLED with sparkle/glitter. If you've read my other reviews, this is one thing that I cannot stand, especially on my eyes.

The color is very pretty, but when applied, it gives my eyes a crepey/scaley texture that is unattractive. The sparkle makes it hard to blend too.

Well I agree with most posts on here about this paint pot color. Vintage selection looks beautiful when swatched on my hand and when I put it on my eye it looks flakey. The color is great when I put Satin Taupe on top, since that color works with lots of paint pots. I can even use Patina with it, which turns it golden. I ended up buying 2 of these pots, but gave one to my mom who's going to try it with Tempting because I don't want to keep using this color after the winter.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this paintpot!
I guess the low rating has to do with the expectations everyone had.
I saw swatches online and knew these new paintpots have little colour pay off, they are more "shimmer wash" creamy e/s.
On me (NW15) it's a really pretty warm peachy shimmery and sheer colour.
I haven't experienced fallout from the glitters. Instead I get a very beautiful wash that looks great on it's own, I don't think it needs any other e/s on top.
Love this for a natural nude look.