MAC Cosmetics Vintage Selection (Cham-Pale Collection)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

my very first paint pot and it was a success! i love this pinky champagne color. i usually wear this all over the lid for a simple everyday look. tip: try not to layer too much of the product on, otherwise itll look like a disco ball. if you just use a light wash it will look like a beautiful sheen.

I do like the Vintage Selection paint pot, the color pay off is nice and as usual MAC makes the best bases for eye shadows. However, this PP is very gritty from the glitter and I think it is easily duped from things found in the permanent collection. Makes all my satin and glitter eye shadows look great and I love the color, however I wouldn't re purchase this because it is not out-of-this-world.

it is a rose gold PP, and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use my large shader brush from sigma and start in the middel of my eyelid and work out and i get less fallout and a beautiful color on my lid and you dont need a outer V color put this on with some black eyeliner and you will have the most beautiful day look. every time i wear it i get complements and if i ever run across this at a CCO i will be buying all of them!!! <3

I'm in the minority, but I love this paint pot. For some reason, it just doesn't come off as glittery on me, just a really pretty sheen. I find the shimmer in it to be no larger in size than the MAC eyeshadows I normally use (none of which are lustres). I love the colour - a peachy/taupey almost nude type look. I'll often wear VS PP all over the lid, add a crease colour and Fluid Line for a day look. This never creases on me, and it wears all day with and without a primer. I wouldn't re-purchase because by the time it runs out, i'll want to try something new - there is a lot of product in MAC's PPs!
click 'continued' for a pic: in the photo, I have absolutely no makeup on except for the PP, and it was taken in natural light with no flash.
continued >>

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought Vintage Selection on MAC's website after seeing in swatched on YouTube. I went into the MAC store to see it swatched in person and I was glad I bought it...until it came in the mail and I put it on my eyelids.

I have since purchased Painterly. I really like it. When I want to use Vintage Selection, I put it lightly over Painterly for just a bit of sparkle. It's just too glittery for me, on it's own.

Well this is only my second paint pot, so take that into account for reading. I've got Painterly as well. I bought this knowing it would be sparkly, but I wasn't quite prepared to the glitter. The glitter in it is bigger than I hoped, but I'm fine with the sheer wash of color. I'll use this, but it'll be for going out only, I don't think I could pull this off for work... So I put I wouldn't buy again, because 1) I wouldn't, and 2) since I'm only going to use this for "going out" looks, it'll take me forever to work through it. I do have to say I like the consistency of it a lot more than Painterly. I forgot to add I get major fallout with this one!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this paintpot!
I guess the low rating has to do with the expectations everyone had.
I saw swatches online and knew these new paintpots have little colour pay off, they are more "shimmer wash" creamy e/s.
On me (NW15) it's a really pretty warm peachy shimmery and sheer colour.
I haven't experienced fallout from the glitters. Instead I get a very beautiful wash that looks great on it's own, I don't think it needs any other e/s on top.
Love this for a natural nude look.

I'm amazed that this product isn't getting more love! I bought Vintage Selection with the MAC Cham-pale collection over Christmas. Its distinctly different from the permanent collection of paint pots in terms of texture. Vintage Selection is a lot smoother and creamier than Painterly, Indianwood, etc. What I really like about this product how it applies. That being said its not as opaque as other paint pots, and maybe thats the complaint that others have about the color payoff. Due to the texture, it goes on rather sheer, with champagne sparkle. I apply a layer of this paint pot on my lid, allow to dry for a moment and then apply UD Sin over it - Very pretty! In terms of wear throughout the day, I wear this over UD Primer potion and it lasts from when I leave the house at 7 and still looks good when I come home from work at 6.

I've added a swatch above to give you an idea of what I mean about using Vintage Selection with UD Sin- I'm rather pale so maybe its not the best swatch!

For reference, I'm a NW15.

I loved the idea of the Cham-pale collection, but Vintage Selection and the Calm Mode lip tint were the only items that worked on me, Vintage Selection is a really nice color....on me it's a very translucent pinky-bronze with gold/silver shimmer. It's very shimmery, but it makes my green eyes pop, and look wide open and rested when used with a light hand alone, I haven't mixed it or used it with any shadow yet, I bought it for just a light wash of shimmer to make me look awake, and it works great for that. I think it will look good with alot of colors, although I haven't experimented yet. I don't usually use paint pots, but glad I got one of these. I also pondered Dangerous Cuvee, however it was slightly darker and more glittery than I was willing to take a chance on, The Peacocky collection comes out in about a week, and the colors look to die for...saving my pennies for that.