MAC Vintage Selection (Cham-Pale Collection)

3.6

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my favorite paint pot from the Cham-pale collection. On my skin it just gives a subtle sheen, perfect for a no makeup look. I purchased all 4 of the paint pots from this selection(and a back up) and this one is definitely the one I go to the most. Only reason I wouldn't have to repurchase this is because I have 2 of them, and these things take forever to put a dent in :)

I just adore Vintage Selection. I wear this on the entire eyelid up to a little above the crease to avoid the crepey look. It gives my frosted eyeshadows a very true colour similar to the shade in the pan. This paint pot accenturate my brown, taupe, mauve, pink frosted shadows and pigments. I couldn't get my Urban Decay YDK to work for me until I used Vintage Selection... wow, this combination looks like the elusive Subtle pigment! I am on the hunt for Chilled on Ice paint pot.

it is a rose gold PP, and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use my large shader brush from sigma and start in the middel of my eyelid and work out and i get less fallout and a beautiful color on my lid and you dont need a outer V color put this on with some black eyeliner and you will have the most beautiful day look. every time i wear it i get complements and if i ever run across this at a CCO i will be buying all of them!!! <3

I'm in the minority, but I love this paint pot. For some reason, it just doesn't come off as glittery on me, just a really pretty sheen. I find the shimmer in it to be no larger in size than the MAC eyeshadows I normally use (none of which are lustres). I love the colour - a peachy/taupey almost nude type look. I'll often wear VS PP all over the lid, add a crease colour and Fluid Line for a day look. This never creases on me, and it wears all day with and without a primer. I wouldn't re-purchase because by the time it runs out, i'll want to try something new - there is a lot of product in MAC's PPs!
click 'continued' for a pic: in the photo, I have absolutely no makeup on except for the PP, and it was taken in natural light with no flash.
continued >>

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the most neutral coloured of the Cham Pale paint pots, it is basically pinky peach skintone with tonnes of glitter. I love glitter so this is great for me! I like to apply this as a very light layer using my finger, then it basically does not change the colour of my lids, but makes them wonderfully shimmery. It would probably be useless as an eyeshadow base, but I always wear paint pots on their own anyway since they are one of the few things that are easy to put on and stay perfectly on my very oily skin (UDPP works better for me as an eyeshadow base).
This gives a very pretty natural look (although it might be too glittery for wearing to work if you work in an office). I would buy again if I ever ran out, which I don't think I will, plus by then it will be impossible to track down anyway.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this paintpot!
I guess the low rating has to do with the expectations everyone had.
I saw swatches online and knew these new paintpots have little colour pay off, they are more "shimmer wash" creamy e/s.
On me (NW15) it's a really pretty warm peachy shimmery and sheer colour.
I haven't experienced fallout from the glitters. Instead I get a very beautiful wash that looks great on it's own, I don't think it needs any other e/s on top.
Love this for a natural nude look.

I bought three of the four new Cham pale paint pots and this is my favorite one of those three. I love wearings browns/taupes on my eyes and this is the perfect color on a lazy makeup day and a fabulous base on a day where I want to go a little heavier. It's sort of a frosted peach mixed with a hint of taupe. The best things about paint pots is that they last forever, and I'm glad they do since this is part of a limited edition collection.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I first bought bare study, but it was way too light and I was looking for a more neutral color. I first swatched Vintage Selection on my hand and really loved it. I think the product is worth the price, since it is really pigmented and in my opinion not that flaky compared to other eyeshadows I had until now. However, I wish it was just slightly less glittery. I wouldn't repurchase again, because I want to try out different colors as well!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

LOVE this colour. I'm a massive fan of the paint pots, despite them being on the pricey side. I do think they are a great product though and will last you for ages! I bought vintage selection as I'm a massive fan of champagne colours, and this is perfect! It's so easy to put on to quickly run out of the house, or as an eyeshadow base for a more intense look and will last throughout the day. I really love this product and think it looks great with my blue eyes and skin tone (nw20). Has knocked indianwood off the top spot.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

my very first paint pot and it was a success! i love this pinky champagne color. i usually wear this all over the lid for a simple everyday look. tip: try not to layer too much of the product on, otherwise itll look like a disco ball. if you just use a light wash it will look like a beautiful sheen.