MAC Cosmetics Vintage Selection (Cham-Pale Collection)

Filtered by age: 30-35

3.7

Well I agree with most posts on here about this paint pot color. Vintage selection looks beautiful when swatched on my hand and when I put it on my eye it looks flakey. The color is great when I put Satin Taupe on top, since that color works with lots of paint pots. I can even use Patina with it, which turns it golden. I ended up buying 2 of these pots, but gave one to my mom who's going to try it with Tempting because I don't want to keep using this color after the winter.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this paintpot!
I guess the low rating has to do with the expectations everyone had.
I saw swatches online and knew these new paintpots have little colour pay off, they are more "shimmer wash" creamy e/s.
On me (NW15) it's a really pretty warm peachy shimmery and sheer colour.
I haven't experienced fallout from the glitters. Instead I get a very beautiful wash that looks great on it's own, I don't think it needs any other e/s on top.
Love this for a natural nude look.

I jus got mine after reading tons of reviews. I was originally excited for the Chilled on Ice but after reading that it was too glittery for daily wear, i went with Vintage Selection. I like it but it's not what i had hoped. There is way too much glitter and it made my eyelids look like frosted flakes. I had better luck using it as a base but since i originally wanted to get a more interesting daily wear & easy to apply eye color i will have to keep looking- it's not as much of a metallic neutral as i thought. I would stick to the Bare Study or even Rubinesque for a metallic. I will have to try it with different shadows over it before making the final call.